RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts of suicide...

Have you even contemplated suicide?

• Yes I have...

Votes: 59 65.6%
  • Never have even contemplated it...

Votes: 31 34.4%

• Total voters

AodhanW

Wanderer
Rosetta;707182 said:
Just this religious site.
The posts being made were talking about what did the Bible mean or not mean with rape. So it seemed relevant that I would find a religious page with the saying.

I can honestly say the phrase, while not unique, was produced by myself in the process of writing the post. That being said it has made for some interesting (and in many cases) disturbing reading from google. All it means, really.. Is seperating the waste from the good stuff. :)

WarAngel

Wanderer
AodhanW;707339 said:
At no point in any of my posts was I *whining* at Joeku for not wanting to post anymore. Merely giving an opinion on his stated reason for not posting.

Sure. Well, I'll just hide behind the same thing then.

I would also state that perhaps you should refrain from using "We" unless you are royalty or MPD. That being said, you do have more authority in using it than I do, having been here much longer. I guess my take on it was that there were a few of us who were in fact having a conversation on the 'touchy-feely' vein, and there were those here who saw fit to flame it down.

Poor baby. Can't choose to ignore what you don't want to read, like you told me to? And you're absolutely right. I know the people here (or at least their online attitudes), I know how posting works, and I know how RunUO topics end up. Having said that, I can say "we" in reference to a majority of the Starbucks posters and have an absolutely valid point.

Its not that there are none who are interested in this type of conversation, merely those who see fit to post in a conversation that they aren't interested in in any real way. If the topic and style of conversation doesn't interest you, why post here at all? As if the title of the topic wasn't reason enough to avoid reading it if you aren't into that kind of thing?

I am interested in the topic. I just haven't seen anything worth seriously replying too in the past two or three pages. You whining about Joeku is not that great of a topic to take seriously. Quit being so anal, sheesh. THIS IS THE INTERNET.

On the other hand, you have every RIGHT to post here, however you like. Perhaps in the future you would consider avoiding posting in those threads with topics you have no real interest in contributing to. And thus keep posting in 'One Thing (2)'.

What's that all about? I've made a whole four posts in One Thing (2).

Rosetta

Wanderer
AodhanW;707341 said:
I can honestly say the phrase, while not unique, was produced by myself in the process of writing the post. That being said it has made for some interesting (and in many cases) disturbing reading from google. All it means, really.. Is seperating the waste from the good stuff. :)

Yeah that's basically what I ended up finding out. Even if it was unintentional thanks for getting me curious enough about it to read up on it. I really love that kind of thing.

AodhanW

Wanderer
WarAngel;707358 said:
Poor baby. Can't choose to ignore what you don't want to read, like you told me to?

Ahh, but here you presume I don't want to read what you're writing. There's a far cry between not wanting to read it, and enjoying bitching about it. I'll admit to the latter.

I am interested in the topic. I just haven't seen anything worth seriously replying too in the past two or three pages. You whining about Joeku is not that great of a topic to take seriously. Quit being so anal, sheesh.

While, again, I refute the claim that I was whining, I can see your point regarding the last two or three pages. And how was I being anal?

THIS IS THE INTERNET.
(Size reduced because shouting is childish, regardless of the forum)

I've always felt this argument to be a sign of a diminutive intellect. How is this comment relative in any way?

What's that all about? I've made a whole four posts in One Thing (2).

I admit to making that comment as a mere snark against the pure puerile mindlessness of the thread in question, not a statement about your frequency or lack thereof in posting in said thread.

AodhanW;707389 said:
Ahh, but here you presume I don't want to read what you're writing. There's a far cry between not wanting to read it, and enjoying bitching about it. I'll admit to the latter.

While, again, I refute the claim that I was whining, I can see your point regarding the last two or three pages. And how was I being anal?

I've always felt this argument to be a sign of a diminutive intellect. How is this comment relative in any way?

I admit to making that comment as a mere snark against the pure puerile mindlessness of the thread in question, not a statement about your frequency or lack thereof in posting in said thread.
Will one of you commit suicide already so we dont have to listen to your stupid meaningless arguments.

Disclaimer: (because with my luck, one of them will, and I'll be blamed for it) The above comment was a joke. If your intelligence is too low to understand that, than you deserve to die. Because the rest of the world doesnt agree with that sentiment, however, DON'T DO IT. I DIDN'T MEAN IT. I AM NOT LIABLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS. Thank you.

Rosetta

Wanderer
Anti-Basic;707391 said:
Will one of you commit suicide already so we dont have to listen to your stupid meaningless arguments.

Disclaimer: (because with my luck, one of them will, and I'll be blamed for it) The above comment was a joke. If your intelligence is too low to understand that, than you deserve to die. Because the rest of the world doesnt agree with that sentiment, however, DON'T DO IT. I DIDN'T MEAN IT. I AM NOT LIABLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS. Thank you.

You first.

WarAngel

Wanderer
AodhanW;707389 said:

AodhanW said:
We were tired of hearing you whine anyway.

Ring a bell? Latter my ass.

It's called emphasis. Since some people can't differentiate between the Internet and real life, it has to be made. The Internet is a faceless society of people who realize they are faceless, and as such, typically don't give a fuck about anyone. Expecting people to take you or your topic seriously and then whining when they either don't take it seriously or don't want to continue it is why I bring up the Internet. No one gives a shit; get over it.

Ah, you got me. Being so totally mindless, I will have made arguments that simply defeat themselves, and as such, you won't need to reply to me anymore. Let's hope I'm correct.

AodhanW

Wanderer
WarAngel;707416 said:
We were tired of hearing you whine anyway.
Ring a bell? Latter my ass.

Yes, it does ring a bell, and its called being a smartass. I would have thought you'd be familiar with the concept. Or does 'smart' elude you?

It's called emphasis. Since some people can't differentiate between the Internet and real life, it has to be made. The Internet is a faceless society of people who realize they are faceless, and as such, typically don't give a fuck about anyone.

Emphasis mine.. Yeah well then, I ain't typical.

Expecting people to take you or your topic seriously and then whining when they either don't take it seriously or don't want to continue it is why I bring up the Internet. No one gives a shit; get over it.

Some of us actually do take it seriously, I see no reason for us to give quarter or obeisance to those that don't. And I'm certain you find yourself in the same position.

Let's hope I'm correct.

Ahhh.. Wrong again.. One would expect you'd get used to it.

*Is having way too much fun with this to just let it drop, you'd think at some point they'd just quit.. Which is an opinion I'm sure they share*

nexen

Wanderer
73% contemplate suicide?? lmfao - i do not genuinely believe that for a second.

sorry to all those who really have contemplated suicide, but i don't think this poll was made for those who have thought about "oh it'd be nice to be dead".. not seriously contemplating ending it.

WarAngel

Wanderer
AodhanW;707450 said:
Yes, it does ring a bell, and its called being a smartass. I would have thought you'd be familiar with the concept. Or does 'smart' elude you?

Okay, Rosetta. Lie some more. It works great for arguing how you feel.

Emphasis mine.. Yeah well then, I ain't typical.

Holy crap! You added that emphasis? I was certain an admin had gone into my post and somehow added emphasis. Thank god for that.

Some of us actually do take it seriously, I see no reason for us to give quarter or obeisance to those that don't. And I'm certain you find yourself in the same position.

No, I don't. I don't care if people take anything seriously or not. I am here to argue. That has been stated in the past, but as you're new, I'll say it a few more times so that it can sink in and we won't have to hear you worry about it anymore. I'm here to argue. I'm here to argue. I'm here to argue. Got it? Good.

Ahhh.. Wrong again.. One would expect you'd get used to it.

Oh, so I'm not mindless? Well I'm certainly glad you agree with me on that one. I was beginning to think you actually agreed with what you had originally said.

Rosetta

Wanderer
WarAngel;707646 said:
Okay, Rosetta. Lie some more. It works great for arguing how you feel.

Holy crap! You added that emphasis? I was certain an admin had gone into my post and somehow added emphasis. Thank god for that.

No, I don't. I don't care if people take anything seriously or not. I am here to argue. That has been stated in the past, but as you're new, I'll say it a few more times so that it can sink in and we won't have to hear you worry about it anymore. I'm here to argue. I'm here to argue. I'm here to argue. Got it? Good.

Oh, so I'm not mindless? Well I'm certainly glad you agree with me on that one. I was beginning to think you actually agreed with what you had originally said.

LOL who you flaming agian? You got the wrong person DOH!