RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultimate [Kill Command

Vorspire

Knight
Ultimate [Kill Command

This... my friends... is the Ultimate [Kill Command...

[Explode !

Inspired by Khaz... who was wishing there was a way to make the limbs spawn smoother.. so here's what i did...

I started from scratch on this command, its a basic target command used only on mobiles...

When you click on a PLAYER char, they will explode into a fireball of flames, hurling body parts everywhere... the difference between mine and Khaz's Explode is that, I use Moving Effects to render the body parts in motion to where they decide to land. The WHOLE content of the players' backpack will be moved to the bank (Including what the player is wearing), then the corpse will be deleted t ensure a more realistic effect and feel. If the player is mounted, they will be dismounted (if it's an ethy, it will be dismounted to the pack to prevent the 'already-mounted ethy bug'). I added a couple of little camp fires to the limbs for effect... The limbs use the original players' skin hue...

If you use this on any monster that isn't blessed/invul, it will blow them up and delete their corpse without leaving body parts everywhere.

I think i might add in support for blowing up skeletons, drakes, daemons and elementals...

#######Upgrades:

Added AccessLevel to bodyparts so players cant take them ( thnx to Peoharen for the sujestion! )

Added Alive checks, and null reference checks, so it won't crash when an item is targeted.

#######

Attachments

• ExplodeCommand.rar
    5.2 KB · Views: 737

Erica

Knight
Admin Vorspire said:
This... my friends... is the Ultimate [Kill Command...

[Explode !

Inspired by Khaz... who was wishing there was a way to make the limbs spawn smoother.. so here's what i did...

I started from scratch on this command, its a basic target command used only on mobiles...

When you click on a PLAYER char, they will explode into a fireball of flames, hurling body parts everywhere... the difference between mine and Khaz's Explode is that, I use Moving Effects to render the body parts in motion to where they decide to land. The WHOLE content of the players' backpack will be moved to the bank (Including what the player is wearing), then the corpse will be deleted t ensure a more realistic effect and feel. If the player is mounted, they will be dismounted (if it's an ethy, it will be dismounted to the pack to prevent the 'already-mounted ethy bug'). I added a couple of little camp fires to the limbs for effect... The limbs use the original players' skin hue...

If you use this on any monster that isn't blessed/invul, it will blow them up and delete their corpse without leaving body parts everywhere.

I think i might add in support for blowing up skeletons, drakes, daemons and elementals...
lmao----->("Why the hell would you wanna blow yourself up?!");hehe nice one.

Jebbit

Wanderer
Did you change yours so the body parts dont hang around, like blood, or do they stay until someone toss them.

Vorspire

Knight
yea, i just realised that after exploding 20 of the online players, about 30 mins ago lol

i had made them movable = false to stop other players hoarding the parts, unfortunately, ill have to find a way to override heir decay :/

##Update:
##added accesslevel to bodyparts so players cant take them ( thnx to Peoharen for the sujjestion!

fasternu

Wanderer
oh man, ive been looking for something like this, lol i hope you get it fixed soon, we need this in our shard

Peoharen

Sorceror
Where is the posted file?
Or did you remove it till you get it fixed?

If so look at the BaseSuit.cs for all you need to make a item decay, but keep players from grabing the body parts. Simply by checking the access level of whoever is trying to move it. :)

JesseTCG

Sorceror
ucc said:
This is found on JesseTCG site So unless you submit it on her site I think you shouldnt take the credit

Vorspire. This is a great script, and I'm happy to have it in my library. I look forward to seeing the update, you will have to send it to me when you complete it. Thanks!

Vorspire

Knight
ucc said:
This is found on JesseTCG site So unless you submit it on her site I think you shouldnt take the credit

i think i SHOULD take the credit. since i DID script it from scratch..

from now on, I will give NO permission for any of my scripts to be posted on JesseTCG's website, at any time. Especially when no one is asking to do it. I want my scripts to stay on RunUO only and not some outside source than runuo.com blocks the URL of.

This comment has been completely factless. The script was INSPIRED by Khaz. I take full credit for the scripting.

JesseTCG

Sorceror
Credit

Admin Vorspire said:
i think i SHOULD take the credit. since i DID script it from scratch..

from now on, I will give NO permission for any of my scripts to be posted on JesseTCG's website, at any time. Especially when no one is asking to do it. I want my scripts to stay on RunUO only and not some outside source than runuo.com blocks the URL of.

This comment has been completely factless. The script was INSPIRED by Khaz. I take full credit for the scripting.

You and I both know that YOU made the script. I have never taken credit for it, nor would I unless it was my work. It found it's way to our site from a user. Nor do I or my site condone stealing credit from others. I have a full disclaimer on the site about this act.
Thanks

Phantom

Knight
Jesse

You should not allow random people to submit code, that you know they didn't write, if you want your site to be more then a banned site you need to remove scripts when authors request you to remove them. But besides the fact, nobody is going to take your site with any grain of salt, till you get a real forum. I hate those web based forums, so I will never post my scripts there, and I hope nobody will post them without permission.

Roxin

Wanderer
This is great, thanks.
I was going to do something like this to replace that oh so common staff hider smoke effect, a quick adaptation of this will save me tons of time.