RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultimate [Kill Command

JesseTCG

Sorceror
Phantom said:
Jesse

You should not allow random people to submit code, that you know they didn't write, if you want your site to be more then a banned site you need to remove scripts when authors request you to remove them. But besides the fact, nobody is going to take your site with any grain of salt, till you get a real forum. I hate those web based forums, so I will never post my scripts there, and I hope nobody will post them without permission.

*sigh* I thought we had a agreement about the Flames Phantom? I thought we were ok? Now all the sudden I get flamed again....It's ok... I'll just keep my mouth shut, and hope you clean up this thread as you have on my website. If not oh well I guess it's your loss. I'm trying to be nice.

Raider

Wanderer
Admin Vorspire said:
Right.. back on topic.. I have updated and released the pack.. Check post #1 for info.
Admin Vorspire check this out my gm in game did that command to a dead corpse of creature and players corpse he target the corpse and my server didnt crash but did get and error in server console heres the error
Code:
12/10-08:53 Exception disarmed in target 0x1 "Link The GM" > S
erver.Scripts.Commands.ExplodeCommand+ExplodeTarget > 0x40013339 "Corpse": Syste
m.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
   at Server.Scripts.Commands.ExplodeTarget.OnTarget(Mobile from, Object o)
   at Server.Targeting.Target.Invoke(Mobile from, Object targeted)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.TargetResponse(NetState state, PacketReader
LOL told him not to do that no more :rolleyes:

Erica

Knight
etherkye said:
it's checks to see if something is alive, it doesn't work on corpses as there containers.
Yes i know but there should be something added for that tho like lets say when you target dead corpse should have some thing like this saying you cant explode dead creatures or dead players or something lol but i told my sister Raider to tell the GMS not to do that on dead corpse tho.

fasternu

Wanderer
I love it, my staff now use this as a form of punishment, im thinking of scripting this into a weapon, so upon hit [explode. The players would know to settle down if they see it brought out, lol

Erica

Knight
fasternu said:
I love it, my staff now use this as a form of punishment, im thinking of scripting this into a weapon, so upon hit [explode. The players would know to settle down if they see it brought out, lol
Yes its very nice but has a glitch tho look on top of page Raiders post that shouldnt happen tho even tho i told her not to let her GMS do that no more but it is a small glitch.

Vorspire

Knight
think ill add Alive checks in there soon.. atm, it only looks to see if the object targeted is a mobile.. dont know why it would give that sort of error when u target a corpse though...

Erica

Knight
Admin Vorspire said:
think ill add Alive checks in there soon.. atm, it only looks to see if the object targeted is a mobile.. dont know why it would give that sort of error when u target a corpse though...
Well reason is this i know if you use the command the body deletes of monster but lets say you walk in a dungeon and players were killing monsters you would see left over corpse on floor then use the command on the corpse and get that error no crash tho but gives you that error i told my sister Raider to tell the GMS to stop doing that lol to dead corpse .

Kamron

Knight
All looks well in your script.. except you don't need the equip checks, because GMs really shouldn't be changing the itemIDs of body parts to things like robes... and had someone hacked the client to try and equip it, the layer would be invalid, and it would fail anyways.

Also since these body parts are dynamic (they don't stay on the world for other purposes than the explosion effect... unless I am mistaken). You don't need to serialize the accesslevel. Therefore, you could just use an abstract property instead. But eh, whatever.

LordHogFred

Knight
I was thinking, maybe it would be cool if the body staying instead of items going to bank. However, the body could be a small black pile of dirt or something similar and be called "a pile of ash". I thought it could just be done by changing the name, hue and itemid of the players corpse when they died.

Vorspire

Knight
LordHogFred said:
I was thinking, maybe it would be cool if the body staying instead of items going to bank. However, the body could be a small black pile of dirt or something similar and be called "a pile of ash". I thought it could just be done by changing the name, hue and itemid of the players corpse when they died.

the itemid would have to be that of a container.. otherwise it wont work as far as i know.. on the other hand, i was going to add a left-over pair of boots and a little smoke puff to boot ;)