RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update...

Sparkin

Sorceror
Going to be worth the wait

Im sure we allcan wait.. shit happens :p

Im sure this is going to be so awesome no one will mind waiting a lil longer to get it :)

Keep up the good werk guys

Sparkin

Phantom

Knight
Anvil said:
I understand these can be setbacks, but you can't tell me Krrios was the only one with the copy of 2.0? Since it was due to be released in April is there still development work being done on it? I thought it was finalized? The website hosting situation I thought was fixed as you guys moved to a new host?? Not trying to be negative, I just don't understand why it's taking so long when it was due to be released in April. I too can wait, was just curious...

Nothing happens without the ok of every Developer. Since Krrios has coded the majority of RunUO, nothing happens without his "ok", yes all the developers have all the submited work. If Krrios for example had 3 days of work he was writting, and didn't submit it, and his box died. That means they have to wait for him to come back and submit the code, or REDO IT.

Its not as easy as you make it, and you are being negative, and I should point out it was never PROMISED FOR AN APRIL RELEASE.

Phantom

Knight
Cerberus said:
Read this before you decide to be negative to ANYONE ON THIS NETWORK.

http://www.runuo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67400

As for the setbacks .. Sorry to hear about them thats damned bad luck but everyone will be here anyway.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Anvil was wrong to even make those comments, I couldn't agree more with what was said to Anvil.

I don't see how that post was negative, to anyone but Anvil, who was also I might being negative towards this entire community and the RunUO Developers and was just in general being rude.

That bites!! Thanks for the update Ryan. Anything you guys do to make it better for everyone is a good thing. So whatever or however long it takes "we" as the community will still be here. Thanks Again.

koluch

Sorceror
Phantom said:
Anvil was wrong to even make those comments, I couldn't agree more with what was said to Anvil.

I don't see how that post was negative, to anyone but Anvil, who was also I might being negative towards this entire community and the RunUO Developers and was just in general being rude.

*someone shoot me for even wasting my time responding to this*
WHY is everyone SOO scared to ask simple questions?????
I see nothing wrong with what he asked and there was no demanding an ANSWER nor did any rude comment deserve to be dealth tward him.
You act as if the guy, who is asking what a LOT of people are thinking but afraid to ask, individually and personally set the release date back for the simple reason that he asked a couple questions - one not even pertaining to the release but to the web site.

If one of the developers wants to respond to his questions, simple enough. If not, well nothing new and not a big deal.

Last time I checked, asking a question about something that was posted is not a cardinal sin. And most certainly is not being rude.

If posts are not meant to be anything more than read and not replied to, then I would suggest the thread be locked from the get go.

Simpe enough.

KiltronCa2

Wanderer
PPLz Statments

All i know is that ppl ask questions i am not defending anyone and like i said before things happen that are out of everyones controll. Kirros is a very smart person and i would not thing of any coder that is a true coder would not keep a backup of there work in a different location i have 2 computers and a laptop and i still when doing coding keep my work on a thumb drive or even a dvd so that if in any unforseen cercomstance something happens i still no matter what have a backup.... but even still if for some reason there is no backup who cares things happens dates are not writen in stone when this will be release so as for the people that are worried and complianing about others instead of that why not give your support and do what we all can to make it as easy as possible for them to do there work... It will get released when the dev's feel it's ready and not a second before that but if people keep complaining about stuff and shooting others down for what they feel then nothings going to get done and it will make it even that much longer before they get it released if the devs feel a post if offencive they will deal with it acordingly not us as a community... the admins do there best and the devs work hard to make us all happy so why not just everyone give them a break and stop fighting over plain stupid crap like someones post... everyone has a right to there own opinion lets the devs and admins do there job they will deal with it if they feel it's warented.

KiltronCa
Waiting for the next great release.

Thank you to all those devs who are working hard to release the next great Runuo for us all to have and hope you all keep up the good work even after the release would love to see you all in the commity working hard to make us the best out there and even show all those ppl at EA/OSI that no matter what there is a way to keep the game alive even without the crap codes they keep releasing... :)

Courageous

Wanderer
KiltronCa2 said:
Kirros is a very smart person and i would not thing of any coder that is a true coder would not keep a backup...

Backup or no backup, when one loses a core machine, it's often quite a lot of labor in diagnosing, fixing, replacing, and generally bringing the box back alive again. In a serious development environment, one may have many applications that need to be installed and configured. And so forth.

C//

Aeolus

Sorceror
Weren't we warned to be nice to each other? I'm not trying to be a mod or anything but damn- were you raised by wolves in a trailor park or what? Show some class.

*Edit*
Sorry to hear about the setbacks. Good luck getting things back on track.

Thraxus

Sorceror
Nochte said:
I don't think this was really necessary...
Nochte said:
RunUO doesn't answer to you.
But I agree with this part wholeheartedly. If they say there's a delay, then that's all that needs to be said. No need to interrogate them about it.

Ravenal

Knight
Thraxus said:
I don't think this was really necessary...

But I agree with this part wholeheartedly. If they say there's a delay, then that's all that needs to be said. No need to interrogate them about it.

agreed thats all I gotta say too...

Hey Krrios let me give it alittle hint for you :) *gives him a gun*
"full of water"

Give it a shot man it should help hopefully at the umpter of course! *grins evily* :p

A_Li_N

Knight
I'd thought I'd throw my support to this thread as well, and to add to the 'computer dieing' saga...

I went to the beach this weekend and took one of my 160 gig HD's with me to show some pics to my bro of my new house...I get there and the HD decides to give me the 'click of death', therefore being completely dead.

This HD had on it about 60 games and about 40 gigs of videos. And it was one of my older ones...out of warrenty. Second HD I've lost in my lifetime resulting in a big setback of my collections.

I'm replacing it with a 160gig SATA300 HD with a PCI addin card so I can boot to it (my mobo only has raid SATA150, which requires a floppy to install drivers to boot to). weeee...spending money.

Good luck on getting things repaired and back to functional Krios!

Phantom

Knight
someone shoot me for even wasting my time responding to this*WHY is everyone SOO scared to ask simple questions?????

Its the way Anvil asked the questions that is the problem.

I see nothing wrong with what he asked and there was no demanding an ANSWER nor did any rude comment deserve to be dealth tward him.
I considering his statement to be rude, who cares the reasons, nothing is going to happen without Krrios its just that simple.

You act as if the guy, who is asking what a LOT of people are thinking but afraid to ask, individually and personally set the release date back for the simple reason that he asked a couple questions - one not even pertaining to the release but to the web site.

They explained why there was a delay, what more is there to say?

Last time I checked, asking a question about something that was posted is not a cardinal sin. And most certainly is not being rude.

Depends on how you ask the question

If posts are not meant to be anything more than read and not replied to, then I would suggest the thread be locked from the get go.

Clearly people can reply to the post, and be polite about thing, and nobody has an issue.

Anvil

Wanderer
I think I've been kind and courteous to everyone on this forum, including the devs and help out with answering questions when I can. I don't just point them to another thread or tell them to search. I do what I can when I can. I want to contribute to this community not just rack up my post count.

If I've offended anyone with my comments then I apologize. But what I don't want to see happen is this thread being hijacked by people responding to what I wrote. What I wrote was for the Devs, just like everyone elses posts are for the Devs, good or bad. So please, to everyone else who feels like hitting that reply button just to bash me or tell me I was rude, or to STFU... don't hit the reply. If you're going to hit reply, please replay on something to the Devs... You're not helping me or the community or the Devs by replying back to rants/raves. Thanks.

<back on topic now>

Devs, I'm sorry if I've offended with my comments, and while I do understand setbacks happen, I am patiently awaiting the release of 2.0... good luck in your testing and good luck with getting things back up and online. Thank you all for your hard work.

Anvil

Admin God

Wanderer
Ouch... sorry to hear that about the puter. Hope you had some way of doing backups so you didn't loose it all. Eagerly but patiently waiting for the release. And if the dev's need anything, i'm sure i speak for everyone when I say just ask (have at least 6 servers i can mirror downloads off of and for file storage).

Waylay

Sorceror
Strength

My condolences regarding these setbacks. Remember the entire RunUO community (even such vague shadows as myself) is behind you all the way. I'm not even a hardcore developer and I understand the pain ov loss ov a machine...

Windfire

Wanderer
People complain and argue too much here.

The dev team has my thanks for runuo and my encouragement to finish 2.0 at their own pace and not be rushed.

PerfectWing

Wanderer
My graphics card burned up today, and I don't overclock it. It took me a week to get a new one and the fan on it is defective. I'm still waiting. Fixing even simple replacement problems on a computer can be difficult and straining (I really hate tech support!).

Hopefully where he's at there are more computer oriented stores than Wal-Mart, like my area.

PerfectWing said:
My graphics card burned up today, and I don't overclock it. It took me a week to get a new one and the fan on it is defective. I'm still waiting. Fixing even simple replacement problems on a computer can be difficult and straining (I really hate tech support!).

Hopefully where he's at there are more computer oriented stores than Wal-Mart, like my area.

Yikes Never, Never buy computer parts from Walmart.... First of all they usually do not carry current equipment.... Second of all a lot of the equipment is lower quality... You can always buy online... here is a little company I have been using for 7 years now, their prices are nearly always competative and they stand behind the equipment they sell. http://www.nanosys1.com