RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update...

Ki Frost

Sorceror
Uhhhh said:
Have faith, they'll tell us when it's ready for us to have. :)
Id be kinda scared if I where a dev that worked on 2.0

People have been waiting on a release that should of been out almosst 2 months ago so there fuses are short. One small errror and they will eat them alive (figurativly speaking).

Although I must say, still waiting anxiously for 2.0 :)

Uhhhh

Wanderer
Ki Frost said:

People have been waiting on a release that should of been out almosst 2 months ago so there fuses are short. One small errror and they will eat them alive (figurativly speaking).

Although I must say, still waiting anxiously for 2.0 :)

Yeah, I hear ya.

But then the same people that are up in arms about getting it would be just as pissed if they release it, and it's missing a feature that they assume/demand it to have.

Kinda lose/lose for the devs, and waiting longer for a better quality/more complete package is worth it. . . . .unless it's Duke Nukem Forever. . .in which case it should just be OUT ALREADY!!! ;)

Ravenal

Knight
FOLKS have you FORGOTTEN!....

RUNUO DOESN'T HAVE TO RELEASE NOTHING TO YOU! They do this for fun, they do this to help us, they do this on their OWN time out of their REAL LIFE stuff... SO IF you cannot be PATIENT then get the HELL off their SITE...

Man I am tired of seeing PEOPLE saying projects should, or whatever have been OUT months or YEARS ago... I'll WAIT 5 years, 10 YEARS if it takes RUNUO that many YEARS to do it but you know what it won't because they will work on it as best as they CAN... RUNUO IS THE BEST EMULATOR OUT THERE, and WILL ALWAYS BE THE BEST... WHY... YOU TELL ME WHY... I already KNOW the answer...

But IF you cannot be patient I am sure RYAN will say Get the HELL out of here you understand... Patience is a VIRTUE... You'll get RunUO 2.0 when the ENTIRE team feel it is TIME to give and go...

Got it...

Manu

Knight
Ki Frost said:
on a release that should of been out almosst 2 months ago

Exactly what part of "Its out when you see 2.0 out now on the website and not a moment sooner." didn't you understand?

Ki Frost

Sorceror
Manu said:
Exactly what part of "Its out when you see 2.0 out now on the website and not a moment sooner." didn't you understand?
Hey dont take what I posted out of context. It was said to be done and updated then but it never was. I know it will be release when released. I was stating a mear FACT!!

Ravenal said:

RUNUO DOESN'T HAVE TO RELEASE NOTHING TO YOU! They do this for fun, they do this to help us, they do this on their OWN time out of their REAL LIFE stuff... SO IF you cannot be PATIENT then get the HELL off their SITE...

Man I am tired of seeing PEOPLE saying projects should, or whatever have been OUT months or YEARS ago... I'll WAIT 5 years, 10 YEARS if it takes RUNUO that many YEARS to do it but you know what it won't because they will work on it as best as they CAN... RUNUO IS THE BEST EMULATOR OUT THERE, and WILL ALWAYS BE THE BEST... WHY... YOU TELL ME WHY... I already KNOW the answer...

But IF you cannot be patient I am sure RYAN will say Get the HELL out of here you understand... Patience is a VIRTUE... You'll get RunUO 2.0 when the ENTIRE team feel it is TIME to give and go...

Got it...
Who are you talking to? Ranting about people questioning a release date and asking why it was post poned is not a " it should be done THIS way ". We dont care why it was postponed really we would just like more notification. No one is being impatient either so calm down.

sidsid

Sorceror
All you guys who keep crying "Runuo doesnt owe you anything" and "it will be out when its out" need to simmer down now.
If nobody gave a shit about this project now one would ask about it.
However a lot of people are very interested in it, and very unable to understand why things dont happen on time.
Stop acting like you are paladins protecting 2.0 because you tell everyone to stop asking or that itll be released when its released.

Aeolus

Sorceror
I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but I think it needs to be said- It WAS stated that 2.0 would be released in April. Second, everytime a new person says they want to start a shard, the people who who are screaming at everyone to stop asking about a 2.0 release are the same ones telling people to wait for 2.0 to be released before starting a shard. If someone told YOU to wait til 2.0 is released, what would your next logical question be? If YOU told someone to wait til 2.0 is released to start a shard, than YOU are (in part) to blame for people constantly asking about it. As for myself (and I'm sure more than a few other shard owners, since the script support forum has been dead lately) I've put off all new scripting until 2.0 is out- our players want things and they have to wait too- so yes we all want to know. SO WHAT?! When did curiosity become a crime? Now, before EVERYONE flames me, I TOTALLY understand that setbacks occur. Delays happen. That's life. I have NOTHING but respect for the Devs of Run UO, and I think 99% of the people on these forums feel the EXACT same way. We're just curious. The RunUO Devs don't OWE me or ANYONE else ANYTHING, and I don't think anyone is saying that they do- we would just like an idea, a guesstimate if you will- if it's gonna be another month, fine. If it's gonna be another 3 months, fine. If it's gonna be another year, then again, that's fine with me- I'd just like to have a better idea so that I know whether or not to resume custom scripting, and from what I've seen, that's all anyone really wants. I'm sure 2.0 will be AWESOME, because 1.0 is AWESOME- but you knew that already or you wouldn't be reading this. That's it- I've said my piece- flame away...

Joeku

Lord
Aeolus said:
I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but I think it needs to be said- It WAS stated that 2.0 would be released in April. Second, everytime a new person says they want to start a shard, the people who who are screaming at everyone to stop asking about a 2.0 release are the same ones telling people to wait for 2.0 to be released before starting a shard. If someone told YOU to wait til 2.0 is released, what would your next logical question be? If YOU told someone to wait til 2.0 is released to start a shard, than YOU are (in part) to blame for people constantly asking about it. As for myself (and I'm sure more than a few other shard owners, since the script support forum has been dead lately) I've put off all new scripting until 2.0 is out- our players want things and they have to wait too- so yes we all want to know. SO WHAT?! When did curiosity become a crime? Now, before EVERYONE flames me, I TOTALLY understand that setbacks occur. Delays happen. That's life. I have NOTHING but respect for the Devs of Run UO, and I think 99% of the people on these forums feel the EXACT same way. We're just curious. The RunUO Devs don't OWE me or ANYONE else ANYTHING, and I don't think anyone is saying that they do- we would just like an idea, a guesstimate if you will- if it's gonna be another month, fine. If it's gonna be another 3 months, fine. If it's gonna be another year, then again, that's fine with me- I'd just like to have a better idea so that I know whether or not to resume custom scripting, and from what I've seen, that's all anyone really wants. I'm sure 2.0 will be AWESOME, because 1.0 is AWESOME- but you knew that already or you wouldn't be reading this. That's it- I've said my piece- flame away...
I agree.

I've put off 3 or 4 projects in anticipation for RunUO 2.0, because I figured that I'd have to upgrade them anyway. At this rate, I could have had them all done and still had some time to spare :eek:

Ravenal said:

Got it...
Still disappointing to expect something at a certain time and then not get it...

Joeku said:
I've put off 3 or 4 projects in anticipation for RunUO 2.0, because I figured that I'd have to upgrade them anyway. At this rate, I could have had them all done and still had some time to spare
I stopped script dev on my server for the same reason. I'm gonna have to update everything else I mod to the distro for customs when 2.0 comes out anyway :/ It was expected to be out. Doesn't really matter to me though I've modded my core plenty. I think what I have for my own server has a lot of what 2.0 gives... like my modded core that runs on framework 2.0 in 64-bit mode, and my personal input to ML. I'm sure RunUO 2.0 will still be better than what I have though.

Ki Frost

Sorceror
Joeku said:
I agree.

I've put off 3 or 4 projects in anticipation for RunUO 2.0, because I figured that I'd have to upgrade them anyway. At this rate, I could have had them all done and still had some time to spare :eek:
Same here....

WeEzL

Wanderer
And I might as well chime in with my "Me too!" here as well. I've been wanting to start a shard myself for awhile now. After seeing the meager impending features list for 2.0 published on the main page like "Faster Core, 64-bit support, etc." and after hearing that 2.0 was supposedly to be released in April, I put off my plans to pour my effort into 1.0 in favor of waiting. And I continue to wait....

godhand

Wanderer
silverwolfe said:
Yikes Never, Never buy computer parts from Walmart.... First of all they usually do not carry current equipment.... Second of all a lot of the equipment is lower quality... You can always buy online... here is a little company I have been using for 7 years now, their prices are nearly always competative and they stand behind the equipment they sell. http://www.nanosys1.com

good store and its about a half hour away from my house

REDiR2

Sorceror
bah i'm going batty!!

:p BATTY I TELL YOU !!!

<grin>

I feel like a kid before Christmas. PWEASE PWEASE OPEN DA PACKAGE FOR ME UNCLE RYAN!!! PWEETTY PEEAAAASSSEEEE

REDiR2

Sorceror
You know what...

People are pissy there will always be some pissy people when project deadlines are met. Regardless, there are points on both sides. People do need to realize that dates set are tenative on any programming project, they also need to realize that the runuo project is not a microsoft project (hence, most of the bugs will more than likely be at least addressed prior to a full release and it sounds like Ryan and his team take that very seriously).

Ryan and his team need to understand that their project is important to a lot of people (which I think they do), and while it might suck to hear a percentage of them bitch and moan, you will find that like life, there are always the whining few that bitch and moan about anything (including winning the lottery "Oh man... now look at all the taxes I have to pay").

So that being said. All I can say is the people that are sucking up too much "Oh Ryan we love to sit around and wait like good loyal puppies" are... well pathetic. The people that are bitching about it are assholes, and the people like me that can't wait but don't give a shit either way...

Well... we are pathetic assholes :)

Ravenal

Knight
autumntwilight said:
Still disappointing to expect something at a certain time and then not get it...

I stopped script dev on my server for the same reason. I'm gonna have to update everything else I mod to the distro for customs when 2.0 comes out anyway :/ It was expected to be out. Doesn't really matter to me though I've modded my core plenty. I think what I have for my own server has a lot of what 2.0 gives... like my modded core that runs on framework 2.0 in 64-bit mode, and my personal input to ML. I'm sure RunUO 2.0 will still be better than what I have though.

I know what you mean Autumn, I am disappointed but patient.. The point is about my post is what I was saying is "They'll tell us when it is released, they'll tell us what is going on, they'll do their part!" Is what I was refering NOT in general of They don't OWE you crap, and THey don't... They do this project because they enjoy it...

Like I said I'll wait years to come if I have to... We all run into problems and of course they will let us know if something goes wrong...

Ravenal

Knight
Ki Frost said:
Hey dont take what I posted out of context. It was said to be done and updated then but it never was. I know it will be release when released. I was stating a mear FACT!!

Who are you talking to? Ranting about people questioning a release date and asking why it was post poned is not a " it should be done THIS way ". We dont care why it was postponed really we would just like more notification. No one is being impatient either so calm down.

I know it was you who gave me bad Karma. You didn't get my whole point you got part of it..

If you would have read my whole POST you would have understand what I was trying to point out...

They gave us an update thats better than NOTHING, and you go out stating that a release should have been released 2 months ago... If you think RunUO is bad, talk about our Government... Or something related... Seesh...

Now I am NOT trying to Rant If I was my post would have been in a different approach... Again... RunUO doesn't have to give nothing nor do they have to say anything to anyone about ANYTHING, they do because they keep their projects and they enjoy it. So be patient and most of all its free, so why bicker, and complain about an update or a oopsy on a computer... We all run into problems...

As you said your anxious about RunUO 2.0... Instead of talking about a release being released 2 months ago a better approach to your wording would be...

"Thanks for letting me know whats going on, hope things get back to where they we're" Would be more respectful than saying

Ki Frost said:

My saying is done...

WarAngel

Wanderer
Ravenal said:
I know it was you who gave me bad Karma. You didn't get my whole point you got part of it..

Gah, why do you care about your damn karma? Plus, you have NO idea who gave you bad karma. It could have been me, him, or one of the thousands of other users we have who come here daily.

Joeku

Lord
WarAngel said:
Gah, why do you care about your damn karma? Plus, you have NO idea who gave you bad karma. It could have been me, him, or one of the thousands of other users we have who come here daily.
No, it couldn't have been you, because you have 0 rep power ;)