RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 11/21/03: Spellcrafting v2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[code:1]
if ( Utility.RandomDouble() <= 0.2 )
{
PackItem( new BookOfSpellCrafts() );
}

PackItem( SpellCraft.RandomCraft( .5 ) );
[/code:1]

E

enoch144

Are players with 0 in alchemy and inscription supposed to be able to sucessfully spellcraft? In the original version they couldn't. But I have a player with 0 in both skills and able to get 5 percent swing increase every attempt at adding it to a sword.

Is there any way so a player with 0 in alchemy /inscription should NOT be able to spellcraft.

Enoch

Great script! I've been having a lot of fun with it so far :D

I have a minor quirk though... when you successfully spellcraft something, it adds the bonus onto the item, but there's nothing that tells you it succeeded, like when you craft an item and it says "You create the item blah blah blah...."

It sure as hell lets you know when you fail though :D

In Non-Aos mode, you will get a failed message. However, in AoS, the property will be applied as long as the explosion check passes. In that case, you know you fail because you just got slapped for a good 20-40 hit points and the item may or may not have been destroyed.

dnew2

Wanderer
spell channel ability

ok im very new at this but i have a question i believe this is the part of the code that adds the -cast when you apply spellchannel.[code:1]public static void ApplyAttribute( AosAttributes attrs, int min, int max, AosAttribute attr, int low, int high, int scale )
{
if ( attr == AosAttribute.CastSpeed )
attrs[attr] += Scale( min, max, low / scale, high / scale ) * scale;
else
attrs[attr] = Scale( min, max, low / scale, high / scale ) * scale;

if ( attr == AosAttribute.SpellChanneling )
attrs[AosAttribute.CastSpeed] -= 1; [/code:1]my question is what determines if you get the minus castspeed or you do not i have set a character to 120 alch and 120 inscribe and have added this abbility to over 50 items and have yet to hit one without the minus cast

dnew2

Wanderer
doesnt work on weapons

thanks for the reply. actually as you cant add fast cast to weapons this would not work. but im sure it would possible to mod the script for this to work. thanks for the script I am really enjoying this system.

Ok, I just added this to a test server of mine and I think it's great! :D

However, before I move it onto my regular shard, I have a concern. When you use one of the bonus resists, like bonus cold, on a piece of armor, it doesn't count towards the max number of properties. If I set tge max props to five, I can add resist bonuses to all five resists on an armor piece and still add five other properties to that same armor piece (self-repair, mage armor, etc etc.)

Is there anyway this can easily be fixed or edited? Thanks for the great script and continue the good work, btw :)

snapdragon76

Wanderer
Is there a way to limit amount of time a player can use same spellcraft on one item.My problem is that I have players running around with fastercast-8 and Castreacovery-8 because they keep using same spellcraft on one item,So Im just wondering if there is any way to stop this. :rolleyes:

the cast speed I can understand, but cast recovery? The set min and max is 1 to 3. If they have 8 then its either a gm fixed weapon or was made with someone who's skills are set way above 100.0 in both alchemy and inscribe.

Affixing properties overwrites the current value, except for cast speed in this case, which i've posted a fix below. Its impossible to use the same craft over and over on the same item to achieve uber values that are not normally possible.

To fix the cast speed issue open up the spellcraft.cs and find this snippet, should be about line 160:

if ( attr == AosAttribute.CastSpeed )
attrs[attr] += Scale( min, max, low / scale, high / scale ) * scale;
else

simply change it to this:

ultek

Wanderer
what is that .35 in this code?:

PackItem( SpellCraft.RandomCraft( .35 ) );

is this a chance?

if i have aos enabled, then others (durability) jewels will also be spawned?

Status
Not open for further replies.