RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WatchUO - A RunUO Control GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

Sorceror
Irian said:
Theoretically, you'd just have to make a the GUI stand-alone application and code two classes (using sockets) to transfer the data between the GUI and server. Depending on how well the GUI and the logic are seperated in WatchUO (didn't have time to look at the code) it could be easy or rather hard.
Personally I don't have time to give this priority, but perhaps someone else wants to...

I mean maby you would look into it for the final version :)

Phantom

Knight
I hope you know that most likely the development team is already working on a remote program similar to what frontend was going to be.

You can work on what you want, but the official thing will be hard to beat.

Trust me, I am not happy about any remote program writte by anyone within a hobby community.

There is no way we can beat a program like radmin or something similar, which is what I think any admin should use, that requests a feature like frontend ( don't ask for it ).

Irian

Page
Phantom said:
I hope you know that most likely the development team is already working on a remote program similar to what frontend was going to be.

"most likely"? What does this mean? Hopefully? There are rumors, that...? Most likely can be anything, from nothing to everthing.

Phantom said:
Trust me, I am not happy about any remote program writte by anyone within a hobby community.

Why? As long as it is OpenSource, you can always check for bugs or even backdoors. So why don't you like something like that?

Phantom said:
There is no way we can beat a program like radmin or something similar, which is what I think any admin should use, that requests a feature like frontend ( don't ask for it ).

Sorry, perhaps my english is to bad, but I don't understand what you want to say in this sentence.

Hegge

Sorceror
Irian said:
"most likely"? What does this mean? Hopefully? There are rumors, that...? Most likely can be anything, from nothing to everthing.

Why? As long as it is OpenSource, you can always check for bugs or even backdoors. So why don't you like something like that?

Sorry, perhaps my english is to bad, but I don't understand what you want to say in this sentence.

Yhe why not just be happy that someone made a great program?

Great job making this software avalible, I for one will use it.

xXSXFGFXXx

Wanderer
Llyrwech said:
This is possibly the absolute most trivial error comment I could make, but with something this good, I have to be picky: on the Firewall tab, "Effected Accounts" should read "Affected Accounts." The verb "to effect" means "to create or cause to be." It's possibly the most confusing word couplet in English, especially since effect and affect swap meanings when you go from verb to noun.

At any rate, otherwise a very fine piece of work, and very handy indeed. Kudos, compliments, and many many thanks.

Safe journeys,
Llyrwech

lol had to point a spelling error out :p

great job on the program man - cant wait till its out of beta!

xXSXFGFXXx

Wanderer
Oh, and a suggestion for the Accounts plug-in

make it so you can "Select All Unactive Accounts" ;) just for those who want to delete teh inactive players who are taking up item/mobile space.

and maybe a "Select All Empty Accounts" (one's with no players created and are a day or more old)

Seven

Sorceror
Phantom said:

You can work on what you want, but the official thing will be hard to beat.

So are you saying there is a rumor about the one that will hopefully come with RunUO 2.0 will be able to connect from a remote computer?

Arahil

Sorceror
phew... first of all: thanks for the positive feedback and your reputation. it was more than i expected and really pushes me to go on with developing this tool.

so, to answer all your questions:

Well Arahill you got a very good job done i would like to see your forward project's done for RunUO . This would be great; just a simple question on mind.. is it possible to create a remote desktop which directly connect's to the game sys. whithout entering the game .In other way you system is great thanks for sharing with us thing's will be much easier for allot of us
actually there are no further projects like that planned, because the work for my shard is enough for the next few years. but who knows, maybe i'll stumble again over a nice idea in these forums :)
but, as i already said a few times, i will not do a version of WatchUO that works remote, too. that would mean more work than i like to afford for this tool. but if anyone here wants to do so i will support him wherever i can.

This is possibly the absolute most trivial error comment I could make, but with something this good, I have to be picky: on the Firewall tab, "Effected Accounts" should read "Affected Accounts." The verb "to effect" means "to create or cause to be." It's possibly the most confusing word couplet in English, especially since effect and affect swap meanings when you go from verb to noun.
Yep, i already heard of that and fixed it in the sourcecode. this error is just on the screenshot.

Awesome Program, but I thought I might add that the installation patch is <Runuo dir>\Scripts\Engines\WatchUO\

Works like that
yep, you're right... i already fixed the path in the first post. thanks for pointing this out.

@admin vorspire:
try to edit <your runuo>\data\assemblies.cfg and put in there the necessary references. this should make WatchUO work for you.

just curious before adding this program will this slow your game down i am curious tho
if i got your question right you want to know if running watchuo on your server slows down runuo, correct?
well, i absolutely do not think that this will be the case. WatchUO runs in a seperate thread, with priority below normal. so if you are short on ressources, RunUO will more likely use them than WatchUO.

great system i love it . where would i start at to make a plugin that allows you to see a players items, bank and house??? i have no scripting experiance but i would love to see this for this excellent engine.
well, developing plugins is pretty straightforward.
take a look at the AboutPlugin first, it is by far the easiest plugin. and since BasePlugin is derived from Windows.Forms.TabPage everyone who ever designed a GUI for windows can use the same techniques for WatchUO.

Is it possible for anyone to make a program that allows you to do things on a remote computer? I have two computers... the server and then my Gaming PC. For now I have been using a program called TightVNC, it is similar I guess to "GotomyPC". It would be even nicer to control the shard without being logged in on a remote computer.
as i said, i will not modify WatchUO to be client/server. but feel free to do so, i will support you whereever i can :)

Theoretically, you'd just have to make a the GUI stand-alone application and code two classes (using sockets) to transfer the data between the GUI and server. Depending on how well the GUI and the logic are seperated in WatchUO (didn't have time to look at the code) it could be easy or rather hard.
yep, that's the way it works :) but for now, gui and logic are not really seperated, since WatchUO in most cases just shows different variables and calls functions already implemented in RunUO.

i am not sure if this is a problem, a bug or my own stupid fault but this is what i get server loads fine and program works
[...]
i think you extracted my archive into the wrong folder. you can either adapt AboutPlugin.cs, so that it fits to your path or move the WatchUO folder to <your runuo>\Scripts\Engines\WatchUO\

phantom, i know the RunUO team is working on a GUI since ryan posted that in the first WatchUO thread. nevertheless, until they will release it there is a hole somebody had to fill - and i did tht with WatchUO. i don't know if the official thing is hard to beat - but i'm sure they will have to put a lot of effort in it to beat WatchUO. i released my one first, so it was me setting the mark for the other programs - and i will move this mark further upwards :)
and forgive, i'm definitely not interested in what makes you happy or not. i do not force you to use WatchUO. :)

Oh, and a suggestion for the Accounts plug-in

make it so you can "Select All Unactive Accounts" just for those who want to delete teh inactive players who are taking up item/mobile space.

and maybe a "Select All Empty Accounts" (one's with no players created and are a day or more old)
extended sort, filter and select abilities are planned for the next release after getting WatchUO stable. i think this release will be somewhen after my vacation, about the end of august.
the next release, which should be done next week will move WatchUO out of beta - and since i had no reported bugs (expect a spelling error, which is already fixed ;)) i think this will not be much work ;)

Exer

Sorceror
Good job, tho I'm having an issue when I hide/reveal the window.

After it is revealed, if it loads on the RunUO Informations plugin, there will be no text. Then, if I click on 'refresh # info', only the informations will be shown, but their title won't be displayed.

Arahil

Sorceror
i'll check that today, and if i'm able to fix it fast a stable version will be released today.

thanks for reporting.

Arahil

Sorceror
So, after some bugfixing i release the first stable version of WatchUO here.

Here's the changelog:
- Properties are just accessible, if the CommandProperty attribute is set
- Added an option to toggle if the GUI pops up at server start or not
- Fixed a major bug with commands and closing the GUI

Yep, it's quite short... seems like there were not many bugs in it :)

The second change was requested by someone. If you open WatchUO's Core.cs you'll find two configuration-variables on the top. the first one - Enabled - was in there from the beginning, the second one toggles if the GUI pops up when the server starts.

Well... here's the file.
Hope you like it :)

Attachments

• watchuo_10.rar
    56.3 KB · Views: 57

Quantos

Lord
Arahil, I hope you are not offended, I edited the initial post in this thread to reflect the most current release, however, all I changed was the attachment, I will leave the updating of the description up to you.

<EDIT> One feature that I would like to see is to have WatchUO be able to minimize to the systray. That would be very handy. </EDIT>

Arahil

Sorceror
thanks for doing so, i completely forgot about that :)
first post is edited and new screenshots are linked...

minimizing WatchUO to the systray is also planned for the next version... so stay tuned ;)

penndragon

Sorceror
Great script.....

Thanx for this one....... very useful any VERY handy for me and other admin..... :D keep up the good work.

I have to give you 110% credit... this is a incrediable program! i would recommend it to anyone and everyone. easy to install and easy to use. I was just wondering if and when it was gonna be updated for the newer UO versions and the new skills. :)

Zero_X

Wanderer
BTW, Just so you know, I stopped using it... eventually after using it for a month or so, the only reason I used it for was if I wasn't logged in to broadcast a reboot.... And it sometimes crashes... yes =[ and it spikrd your world down dramatically if your acutally using some of the options

Status
Not open for further replies.