RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WatchUO - A RunUO Control GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arahil

Sorceror
WatchUO - A RunUO Control GUI

WatchUO is a simple, powerful and extensible graphical user interface to control, maintain and administer different parts of RunUO.
Itis built as a plugin system, so you can easily add or remove any plugins and features you do not want to use or - in case of modified/deleted scripts - can not use. The base class for plugins is derived from Windows.Forms.TabControl, so you have all the abilities for designing the .NET framework gives you.
Feel free to develop plugins for your own ideas and post them here.

This release comes with the following plugins:
RunUO Information Plugin - this plugin shows you a lot of information about the Server process and your world.

RunUO Control Plugin - this plugin gives you the ability to perform different actions like creating some statistics, restart the server, send broadcasts and many more.

Accout Plugin - this one gives you the ability to administer the accounts on your shard with the power of a normal Windows GUI instead of the quite slow and unhandy Account Gump.

Firewall Plugin - with this one you can easily administer the built in firewall of RunUO.

Online Clients - this plugin gives you a list of the currently online players. besides a little overview about this client/character you have the ability to set every skill and a lot of properties. In this release the properties are limited to simple data tybes like all kinds of numeric variables, bools an strings. Support for more will be added in a later release.

WatchUO is released under the GNU General Public License. You can find information about this license in the LICENSE.txt in the attached archive.

How to install WatchUO
"Installation" of WatchUO is pretty simple - you just have to extract the attachd archive to <your RunUO path>\Scripts\Engines\WatchUO\. If you want to locate WatchUO in another folder you will have to change the path to the WatchUO logo in the About plugin.
After you start RunUO the WatchUO GUI will pop up.

Using WatchUO
Since WatchUO is not a standalone application, but an additional thread for RunUO it will not work remote. To use the GUI on a remote server you have to open a remote desktop connection.
In case you close WatchUO, which will not stop the server, you can just get it open again by typing the command [WatchUO ingame. [HideWatchUO will close the GUI if you are ingame.

You can find some additional information in this thread
If there are any questions you can either send me a PM or just post in this Thread.

Edit:
Since WatchUO causes some troubles after a server crash, please update your CrashGuard.cs with the version you can find here: http://www.runuo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46161&highlight=crashguard

I hope you enjoy this little piece of software.
Arahil

Attachments

• watchuo_10.rar
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,126

Tannis

Knight
I've been waiting for this all night! I'll give you props before I even try it, you deserve it just because it looks great!

Mr. Friday

Wanderer
Wow, this is very useful, and it must have taken a lot of time and effort to create. Thank you very much for your contribution!

FooFaH

Wanderer
Mr. Friday said:
Wow, this is very useful, and it must have taken a lot of time and effort to create. Thank you very much for your contribution!

*nods* and yay for the "hide console" button. :)

Alis

Wanderer
Well Arahill you got a very good job done i would like to see your forward project's done for RunUO . This would be great; just a simple question on mind.. is it possible to create a remote desktop which directly connect's to the game sys. whithout entering the game .In other way you system is great thanks for sharing with us thing's will be much easier for allot of us:p

Llyrwech

Sorceror
This is possibly the absolute most trivial error comment I could make, but with something this good, I have to be picky: on the Firewall tab, "Effected Accounts" should read "Affected Accounts." The verb "to effect" means "to create or cause to be." It's possibly the most confusing word couplet in English, especially since effect and affect swap meanings when you go from verb to noun.

At any rate, otherwise a very fine piece of work, and very handy indeed. Kudos, compliments, and many many thanks.

Safe journeys,
Llyrwech

irro

Page
Awesome Program, but I thought I might add that the installation patch is <Runuo dir>\Scripts\Engines\WatchUO\

Works like that :)

Vorspire

Knight
This is awesome... it looks awesome and very useful..

BUT :(

When i installed it to C:\RunUO\Engines\WatchUO, and i ran the server, it gave hundreds of errors in the console saying "Windows" does not exist in the class or namespace.. blabla.. is this something to do with the .NET Framework version installed on my Computer? - I have 1.1 .

What are the basica requirements of these scripts? I'd like to know as i didn't see anything :/

Newbiepdo

Sorceror
Admin Vorspire said:

When i installed it to C:\RunUO\Engines\WatchUO, and i ran the server, it gave hundreds of errors in the console saying "Windows" does not exist in the class or namespace.. blabla.. is this something to do with the .NET Framework version installed on my Computer? - I have 1.1 .

What are the basica requirements of these scripts? I'd like to know as i didn't see anything :/

Try Putting it in C:\RUNUO\SCRIPTS\ENGINES\WATCHUO that could be your problem i suppose

S-OD

Wanderer
Admin Vorspire said:

I came across the error that I, too, am the same.
However, I installed and solved "system.windows.forms.themes.dll".
Then, the name of the dll was described in Assemblies.cfg.
:)

Dragons Keep

Wanderer
plugins

great system i love it . where would i start at to make a plugin that allows you to see a players items, bank and house??? i have no scripting experiance but i would love to see this for this excellent engine.

Seven

Sorceror
Is it possible for anyone to make a program that allows you to do things on a remote computer? I have two computers... the server and then my Gaming PC. For now I have been using a program called TightVNC, it is similar I guess to "GotomyPC". It would be even nicer to control the shard without being logged in on a remote computer.

Like for example, lets take this program having a application called

WatchUOServer loaded onto the task bar... then using a WatchUO program to communicate to the RunUO server through the WatchUOServer application that is loaded on the server...

I'm just using the same way TightVNC works... you have the TightVNC server loaded onto the server and then you can use the client to connect from a remote computer to control your PC.

Irian

Page
Theoretically, you'd just have to make a the GUI stand-alone application and code two classes (using sockets) to transfer the data between the GUI and server. Depending on how well the GUI and the logic are seperated in WatchUO (didn't have time to look at the code) it could be easy or rather hard.
Personally I don't have time to give this priority, but perhaps someone else wants to...

Dragons Keep

Wanderer
question

i am not sure if this is a problem, a bug or my own stupid fault but this is what i get server loads fine and program works
Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (0 errors, 0 warnings)
Scripts: Compiling VB.net scripts...no files found.
Scripts: Verifying...done (1809 items, 511 mobiles)
World: Loading...done (153093 items, 29974 mobiles) (10.9 seconds)
Reports: Loading...done
Initializing WatchUO GUI... Pandora is listening on port **** - BoxServer versio
n 0.3
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: .\Scripts\Engines\WatchUO\Plugins\data\watchuo.
jpg
   at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorMan
agement)
   at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename)
   at Server.Engines.WatchUO.Plugins.AboutPlugin..ctor()
done
Regions: Loading...done

anything i can do to correct this

Status
Not open for further replies.