RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WatchUO - A RunUO Control GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

endwolf

Sorceror
What another good scripter...

One day Ill do something like this....Great job and thanx!! Ill use it often.

DaLaw66

Sorceror
Works just great exept for one thing, when the server crashes, the WatchUO window doesnt close, and the UO that crashed can't close, it also seems to stop the new opening server from running / compiling.
Any fix avalible?

Arahil

Sorceror
DaLaw66 said:
Works just great exept for one thing, when the server crashes, the WatchUO window doesnt close, and the UO that crashed can't close, it also seems to stop the new opening server from running / compiling.
Any fix avalible?
humm.... good question...
it should definitely be possible to stop the watchuo-thread manually, or maybe to iterate through all the subthreads of the process and kill each of them after a server crash, that should stop the gui, too.
since i have a lot to do for school i have no time left for the further developing of watchuo atm, but as far as i understood ryan there will be a powerful gui for runuo 2.0.
sorry

Typo

Wanderer
Arahil said:
it should definitely be possible to stop the watchuo-thread manually, or maybe to iterate through all the subthreads of the process and kill each of them after a server crash, that should stop the gui, too.
since i have a lot to do for school i have no time left for the further developing of watchuo atm, but as far as i understood ryan there will be a powerful gui for runuo 2.0.
sorry

update your crash gaurd it is not watchuo doing anything. Your crash gaurd is not fully clossing your server, wich leaves watch uo open.

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
Typo said:
update your crash gaurd it is not watchuo doing anything. Your crash gaurd is not fully clossing your server, wich leaves watch uo open.

He clearly stated:

He isn't working on this project at this time.

Your "demand" is sort of pushy....

Kamron

Knight
I agree.... for something so old, and something so outdated and unsupported, you shouldn't be that pushy.

jargo2000

Sorceror
Dude, whoever brought this thread to the front, I applaud you, I never knew this things was around. Good job man, hope you will keep updating even w/ 2.0.

Mega Didos.:D

Jargo

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
jargo2000 said:
Dude, whoever brought this thread to the front, I applaud you, I never knew this things was around. Good job man, hope you will keep updating even w/ 2.0.

Mega Didos.:D

Jargo

You clearly didn't read the following:

sorry

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
jargo2000 said:
Y are some ppl just not very nice around here?

Jargo

What exactly did I say that was mean?

The author of this program, stated, he is not working on it anymore. If that changes, then my post is mute, at this time its fact.

If you cannot accept this, then I am sorry, but I am not mean for telling you that this program won't be updated ( at this time ) for RunUO 2.0 since its not even out yet.

Arahil

Sorceror
as for runuo 2.0 - according to some statements of ryan runuo 2.0 will have a gui itself, so we'll see if watchuo will actually need an update for runuo 2.0 :)

i'm pretty surprised, how positive the feedback was all in all, so take it as a promise that i will rewrite watchuo after doing my final exam, if a program like watchuo is still necessary. i'm already thinking about stuff for the next version, like network support, better editing for properties and some other things, but unfortunately i cannot spend time for watchuo for the next 4 or 5 months.

thanks for pointing out the crashguard-thing, i will update my first post in order to inform new users about this fix...

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
Arahil said:
as for runuo 2.0 - according to some statements of ryan runuo 2.0 will have a gui itself, so we'll see if watchuo will actually need an update for runuo 2.0 :)

i'm pretty surprised, how positive the feedback was all in all, so take it as a promise that i will rewrite watchuo after doing my final exam, if a program like watchuo is still necessary. i'm already thinking about stuff for the next version, like network support, better editing for properties and some other things, but unfortunately i cannot spend time for watchuo for the next 4 or 5 months.

thanks for pointing out the crashguard-thing, i will update my first post in order to inform new users about this fix...

I hope you don't mind my mini-tangent

You have no idea how it bugs me, when people ignore what people say 2 pages before, and then report issues.

Then they argue about it :lol:

I need a new hobby...

jargo2000

Sorceror
Fisrt of all sorry Senchen, I took the manner of your comment wrong I guess, sounded a little snipy to me. Sorry

As for the other thing, I did not report any issues, I only commented that I liked the program, nothing else..I musted have missed the part were he stated that he would not support it anymore...I do not read everything I just dont have the attention span for it (curse you ADD LOL).

And lastly, glad to hear that about 2.0 cant wait to see it.....

Thanks guys, Jargo

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
jargo2000 said:
Fisrt of all sorry Senchen, I took the manner of your comment wrong I guess, sounded a little snipy to me. Sorry

As for the other thing, I did not report any issues, I only commented that I liked the program, nothing else..I musted have missed the part were he stated that he would not support it anymore...I do not read everything I just dont have the attention span for it (curse you ADD LOL).

And lastly, glad to hear that about 2.0 cant wait to see it.....

Thanks guys, Jargo

Unlike what most people make people believe, I am really not a bad guy, I didn't even notice of anything you said. What I did notice, was your can I say ignorance, to what the author had stated a few days/posts before you posted.

So like I said, I didn't even care how you talked to me, just the fact you "ignored" or "missed" that fact. When I say "ignorance" I really don't mean a bad thing, I can't really explain it, because I don't know how old you are.

dashiznit_76

Wanderer
How bout we keep talking about unrelated crap in this thread just to see how long it will stay on top???

OR maybe since the project is closed the thread should be locked as well. I'm not bashing or flaming just making a small suggestion. I notice a lot of threads getting bumped because ppl dont read the posts in them, and assume the scipt/package/project is still going and is supported.

jargo2000

Sorceror
Seanchen.net said:
Unlike what most people make people believe, I am really not a bad guy, I didn't even notice of anything you said. What I did notice, was your can I say ignorance, to what the author had stated a few days/posts before you posted.

So like I said, I didn't even care how you talked to me, just the fact you "ignored" or "missed" that fact. When I say "ignorance" I really don't mean a bad thing, I can't really explain it, because I don't know how old you are.

I am 27 so dont worry about offending me in any way man. LOL

Jargo

Status
Not open for further replies.