RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which would you ban?

Which would you ban?

• Christianity

Votes: 37 35.9%
  • Atheism

Votes: 11 10.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 55 53.4%

• Total voters

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
David;645643 said:
This is Starbucks, You can't ban either one unless they really do something bad.

Oh wait, The Crusades and The Holocaust; OK ban 'em both.

Um despite very popular religious belief, Hitler wasn't an atheist.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Yeap. Most of the articles I can find agree that while Hitler was not an Atheist, he wasn't a Christian either.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Hitler pretty much created his own sect...in order to further Nazism...

The guys in the Crusades, however...eh...there were good and bad ones.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
David;645652 said:
And I'm not sure I would call the folks running the Crusades Christians either.

Well considering it was all started by a religious figurehead I would beg to differ.

TMSTKSBK;645655 said:
Hitler pretty much created his own sect...in order to further Nazism...

The guys in the Crusades, however...eh...there were good and bad ones.

no...only bad... cmon now, burning people at stakes for being pagan is not good in any way shape or form.

WarAngel

Wanderer
DontdroptheSOAD;645656 said:
Well considering it was all started by a religious figurehead I would beg to differ.

Since when do figureheads mean anything? Bush is a figurehead. That doesn't mean everything he says Americans believe we actually believe, does it?

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
WarAngel;645659 said:
Since when do figureheads mean anything? Bush is a figurehead. That doesn't mean everything he says Americans believe we actually believe, does it?
The question was whether or not the crusades were a christian invention.

WarAngel

Wanderer
TMSTKSBK;645660 said:
@AB: that was the Inquisition...

If someone tries to argue that the Inquisition was religious persecution AGAIN, I will murder them. "In-house cleaning" by the Church has nothing to do with persecuting other religions.

WarAngel

Wanderer
DontdroptheSOAD;645662 said:
The question was whether or not the crusades were a christian invention.

Anyone can label themselves anything they want. I could go out and start killing random people in the name of Lou Dobbs. Does that mean my slaughtering was his invention?

TMSTKSBK

Lord
@WA: I wasn't arguing that it was. Burning at stakes was in the Inquisition...not so much in the Crusades.

WarAngel

Wanderer
TMSTKSBK;645668 said:
@WA: I wasn't arguing that it was. Burning at stakes was in the Inquisition...not so much in the Crusades.

Oh, no, I wasn't directly replying to you. That was aimed at anyone that might think about replying about the Inquisition.

Slayer706

Sorceror
WarAngel;645659 said:
Because in their religion, the Pope is the voice of God. He is the person that God talks to. Why would he do something that God didn't tell him to do?

TMSTKSBK;645668 said:

yeah they did. they also boiled heads while people were alive. Some serious fucked up shit. And even if they hadn't is any method of killing for no reason other than the fact that they don believe in your religion good? No.

Johabius

Knight
Slayer706;645671 said:
Because in their religion, the Pope is the voice of God. He is the person that God talks to. Why would he do something that God didn't tell him to do?
ummm corruption maybe? Pat Robertson says God tells him things all the time. I don't believe a damn thing that comes out of that man's mouth at all.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Slayer706;645671 said:
Because in their religion, the Pope is the voice of God.

Bzzzzzzzt. Wrong. That's not what's believed at all. The Church is meant to be a guiding light on earth, but they are also a human institution. No human is believed to be a direct spokesman of God. Interpreters, if you will.