RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why are admins?

Draegen

Sorceror
Why are admins?

Okay every one here probly asks the same question to them selfs well i ask what you all think.

why are admins so up tight on servers?

example when you play around and say i got two words for yeah zuck it means suck it. but you put just joking at the end of it. But the take it to all offense and ban or kick you.

reason i ask cause i had a player ask me why admins are ass holes.

I said really i dont know why most are. Then i said well maybe the got picked on there hole life so the take gaming to real. and when you say that it offends them cause maybe the was calld that a lot.

I been on a lot of shards seen this same thing happen to players a lot.
as a admin my self i understand rules ect know when to enforce them but when game play comes to where you cant even injoy it without being watched 24/7 whats the point of playing that game.

Back far as i remember gaming was post to create a way for people to get out of life and injoy something. but i realized its not like that any more. poeple get more shit throwing at them online then offline. They come to places like this to make friends not to get jokes thrown at them or even to start stuff. Well shards seem to do this to so many. So i hope what im tyring to say has some kind of point, and my question still stands why are peope takening online gamin g or online so real. Cuase its hurting peoples feelings hard and i think online gaming / commuties are starting to effect them.
My goal and task is to find a solution, with all of your help.

Draegen

Sorceror
Hey i dont know what happened before yes i was a jerk im sorry. But lets please try and move on from that.

Draegen

Sorceror
No No! Its a wolf seating there, I dont remember where, I grabed the picture but cant find a better one yet. Any thoughts on this subject yet.

Imo...

Drunk with power?
Over protective?
Lack of sleep?
A jerk?
Immature?
Strict?
(over) Protective?

The reasons are endless and vary from admin to admin.

Rhexis

Knight
Imho..the great thing about running your own server is being able to boot off people you just dont like. Yes, Im oddly anti-social like that.

Draegen

Sorceror
I can name some good admins far as, I know and what servers i played on.

Stormwolf
Ryan
Brain
Hades
ect ect.

Draegen

Sorceror
Oh Shit! I didnt even see that thread.

NVM about this one then.

This hole thread needs deleted Please. Seems like, I posted same shit over.

Administrators need to be tough and stern with their players.
They need to respect them, and the players need to respect the admins. And if they are flimsy admins no one will respect the admin. </2cents>

HellRazor

Knight
Admins and players should be required to live together first, that way they can see if they are right for each other before commiting to living in the same online world together.

Peoharen

Sorceror
How D&D does it said:
Rule 0: The DM has the ability to edit, change, add or ignore any and/or all rules.

Rule -0.5: If the DM changes enough things and pisses of the players, the players will edit, change, ignore or remove them selves or the DM.

If the admins a dick don't login. Hope on ConnectUO and ask about a negative voting system. This system can auto ban 56k IP's so you can only neg once.

Yeah the top 50 shards voted to where they are at look nice and friendly, but I can name a few within the top 50 that are not. During first logins it seems like it though.

Plus if we only stuck to shards that have been up for awhile how would we know we like that shard over the rest? Negging, if setup to block a-holes right would give some clue to newer shards.

Malaperth

Wanderer
That would be abused, however, since one moron that gets legitimately banned from a really good shard, could easily cause that shard to be negged into the ground.