RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why don't you play on OSI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smidget

Wanderer
I personally miss the old days where I was scared to go out of town by myself because there were so many PKs. I wasn't very powerful, or very good, but I loved playing. I enjoyed playing back when PKs made periodic runs through Despise or Deceit that would leave a string of bodies. I haven't played in so long that I don't even remember if those were the correct names of the dungeons.

I enjoyed playing back when OSI had to take the shard down like once every day. I played on Baja, and it was always fun to go to the crossroads or some place during the hour that wasn't saved and just kill people/get slaughtered at the same time. There was so much more risk in the game back when PKs were rampant. I just don't find any fun in any of the game anymore. It's just totally not the same as it used to be.

Back when most people's houses they owned were the green or blue (if i can remember right) tents. Now those were the days. When I would go into a dungeon scared to death of the monsters, and of running into PKs. The suspense when I was sitting in a dungeon and a couple "Corp Por"s popped on my screen. Oh, I just loved that.

What I find weird is that most people that like the old days were PKs. I wasn't a PK in the days that I loved the game the most. I was the person that was just trying to stay alive long enough to bring some gold back to town, and it was the best gaming experience I've had in my life.

aesandilas

Wanderer
Age of Shadows is the reason for my finally deciding to leave. They ruined pvp, they ruined monsters and their loot, they annihilated rares, they destroyed character templates, they shattered a medieval theme with happy-go-lucky colors of the rainbow, they gave us a trailer park as a poor excuse for additional land, and in every sense, they destroyed that magical feeling that Ultima Online once had where everything was new and exciting. Now, there's just talk of +10 this and +20 that... all these numbers and resistances that even a mathematician would be bored by just sicken me. Age of Shadows finalized the shallowness and greed that was slowly growing over the years. Ultima Online was great for it's uniqueness, and as it has tried to unsuccessfully copy games like Diablo, OSI has nothing good going for them anymore. And where did that loyalty and encouragement towards veteran players go? Obvious demands are still being made to fix old bugs and give the players things that are actually ASKED for, but they continuously ignore their players and add things that no one was even thinking of changing! Ahhh...... My reasons for NOT playing on OSI could just go on and on... don't encourage me!

P

php-junkie

Flare said:
Unfortunatly, this is true. This is also what caused the facet split. People were complaining that people were taking UO as a shooter game and OSI reacted by making a safe-facet for people who did not want to participate.

PvPers blame OSI for the facet split, but it was their own fault.
No. What caused the facet split was a bunch of winy babies that couldn't handle a bit of realism in the game and wanted catering.

If you've ever read any of the interviews with Richard Garrot you would know that he had every intention for UO to be a PvP/RP style game. EA has just about removed both from the game with their stupid changes.

Mondori

Sorceror
why i don't play

Wow I remember the fun days of fel only... But a reason why I don't play any more was the stupidity of the player base. I really didn't like seeing everyone crowded around the bank, just sitting and socializing about IRL. I saw it as paying 10 bucks a month to IRC. Oh I also hated it when they made ossies non-uber rares

Milsik

Wanderer
i don't have anything agains Pking as long as its in a Rp manner.. i hate when you just get ganked by 20 naked players.. there has to be a reason for the killing in my opinion.

And if you are a Pker you have to respect that not everyone wants to be killed and looted and still enjoy the game..

K

Krazy_zack

I've always wonder what the 'mindless' PK'er is lacking in real life that make him/her have to login to a MMORPH and sensenlessly gank everybody they can find over and over again online....

Milsik

Wanderer
Yeah thats just boring.. i can't see the fun in that. if you have to kill people over and over again go play UT, that game is about killing everyone, UO isnt.

Hmm.. doesnt anyone know what Garriot is working on nowadays? i heard something about some MMORPG named Tabula Rasa or something like that.. anyone else heard something?

Dalius

Wanderer
Well I e-mailed OSI asking for them to activate my 30 free days, and I have to admit, I think its really good.

The Young Player quests are fun too :)

K

Krazy_zack

Flare said:
Well I e-mailed OSI asking for them to activate my 30 free days, and I have to admit, I think its really good.

Doncha need to buy a disk to get 30 days free?

Dalius

Wanderer
Krazy_zack said:
Flare said:

Yeah I bought AOS, but you needed a credit card to activate your 30 free days. But if you email them with your name, reg code, and e-mail they activate it for you.

S

Seven

Flare said:
Krazy_zack said:
Flare said:

Yeah I bought AOS, but you needed a credit card to activate your 30 free days. But if you email them with your name, reg code, and e-mail they activate it for you.

Umm, i emailed them once they said they dont take messages through EMAIL anymore.....I think they hate me.......

"I actully think that OSI staff are wild monkeys...." Its there plan to piss us all of" -One day Monkeys will take over the world- :(

K

Krazy_zack

No sheit?

What happened to just automatically activating you and then picking the 'send a money order' option? Did they kill that? (can you tell that it's been a LONG time since I've played on an OSI server?)

K

Krazy_zack

Flare said:
Yeah, you need a credit card to valildate that your at least 18 years of age now.

Wa? Why?

Who gives a fuk how old you are?

Or is it 'teen rated' now or somthing since EA got ahold of it?

psz

Administrator
No, it's just like anything else involving credit cards You gotta be 18, so that they know you didn't use the card without mommy or daddy's permission -P

Kinda silly, if you ask me. How are they gonna prove otherwise? -P

S

Seven

LOl i started playing when i was 12 [now im 13 1/2] And i just used my moms =P [card]

Status
Not open for further replies.