RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why don't you play on OSI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Krazy_zack

psz said:
No, it's just like anything else involving credit cards: You gotta be 18, so that they know you didn't use the card without mommy or daddy's permission :-P

Kinda silly, if you ask me. How are they gonna prove otherwise? :-P

Ok wait though that doesn't make sence. IF you have a credit card you are 'prooving' that you are 18 or older BUT if you don't have one then you 'can't' proove that you are 18 or older?

Or is the 'proof of 18' just a lame excuse to 'make' you use a credit card to pay....

And what about those LBR 'account time' cards? Did you have to be 18 to buy/use those?

This goes back to ny original question:

Why does EA/OSI give a fuk how old you are?

Quantos

Lord
ULTIMA ONLINE SERVICE AGREEMENT
In Korea, You Must Be At Least Fourteen (14) Years Old To Accept This Agreement. In the U.S., You Must Be At Least Thirteen (13) Years Old To Accept This Agreement.

I think they just want the credit card number for ease of billing, or in case you don't like the game, you might forget to cancel the account. In that case they can continue billing you until the account is cancelled. I wonder how much money they've made that way?

psz

Administrator
I just told you why -P

You have to be 18 to prove you're old enough to own a credit card and can thus make payments -P Otherwise you could be some kid who stole thier parents without permission.

It's a dumb idea, yes. But a lot of companies do that.

They don't care about the pre-pay cards because they're, well, pre-paid ->

psz

Administrator
No, just covering their asses legally.

It's kinda like the old 900 numbers for kids to call the muppets or whatever Kids get your parents permission to call!

Like THAT ever happened ->

S

Seven

Alot? LOL $$

-Deleted Post-

Yes im saying -delted post- becuz....iv been very stupid in the last 5 mins.....So the posts where basicly i said nothing relating to the topic im puting -deleted post- "Whishes there was a DELETE button"

K

Krazy_zack

@Quantos

A money order was a strange piece of paper that the post office (do a search on google for that one I aint 'splaining it to you) gave you for other strange pieces of paper called money. It was like a guaranteed 'check' (another strange piece of paper often made of rubber).

This was all before the majority of 'online web stores' or 'paypal' existed.
Around the same time that dinosaurs roamed the earth....

;)

Lazyburn

Wanderer
UO is a PvP game for me. Maybe its not for you but it is for me and a whole bunch of other people.

Unfortunatly, this is true. This is also what caused the facet split. People were complaining that people were taking UO as a shooter game and OSI reacted by making a safe-facet for people who did not want to participate.
PvPers blame OSI for the facet split, but it was their own fault.

I do not see how it was PvP'ers fault because of the facet split. If not for the trammies there would be no facet split. They were the people complaining not the pvpers. Therefore, it was the trammies fault because of the split. I however am glad of the facet split. I cant stand trammies/rp'ers at all and would have quit much sooner if not for the split.

Maybe our view of role playing to us means killing other people. Or do we all have to be role players who stay in tram and tame drags/ww's and never get to actually fight.

Role playing is playing a role. It's being another person. Your view of roleplaying is warped. I roleplayed and killed people at the same time. I didn't go around killing people like a mass murderer. I'd go up to them, ask them to give up their valuables and they can walk free, or they die. Hardly anyone ever tried to give me anything, so I'd murder them, take some stuff from their coprse (not all of it) and find someone else to rob.
When you PvP, as you say, its fun. As is roleplaying. When you do both at the same time, you are playing UO as how it should.

You act as if I'm a mass pker or something. No this is not my definition of pvp. I was more of the type of person who stayed at the Jhelom farms dueling people and participated in tournies. Not all pkers just roam around in packs of 20 and gank people. I do not get the point of roleplaying and never will. I just think its kind of retarded. I would rather do what I like and duel people. But EA basically ruined this when they added AoS because pvp is dead now. You cannot say otherwise. Anyone who is a good dueler would know pvping with AoS is flat out Diablo II style.

I don't find pressing a bunch of macros on your keyboard very skillful. If you do, I guess thats your definition of it.

And I do not find sitting at the bank showing off your clothes and talking like you are from the 1700's is very fun. You do not like pvping and I do not like role playing and selling rares at a bank full of others who do the exact same thing. We just have different views. And AoS basically killed my view.

Just because UO allows you to kill people, doesn't mean that killing everyone is the basis of the game.

It is the basis of the game for me. Its what I like to do. In my opinion I would rather duel and kill people over any other thing on UO. It may not be the basis of the game for you, but it is for some people.

This is not a flame either. I like you just like to argue my opinions.

P

php-junkie

Krazy_zack said:
psz said:
No, it's just like anything else involving credit cards: You gotta be 18, so that they know you didn't use the card without mommy or daddy's permission :-P

Kinda silly, if you ask me. How are they gonna prove otherwise? :-P

Ok wait though that doesn't make sence. IF you have a credit card you are 'prooving' that you are 18 or older BUT if you don't have one then you 'can't' proove that you are 18 or older?

Or is the 'proof of 18' just a lame excuse to 'make' you use a credit card to pay....

And what about those LBR 'account time' cards? Did you have to be 18 to buy/use those?

This goes back to ny original question:

Why does EA/OSI give a fuk how old you are?
No. They do it for one simple reason. If you violate the TOS or the ROC they can ban all your accounts by tracking the one card. Years ago when I was still a newbie to the game I was pk-ed by a guy and called him a niggo's biotch. They banned the account but I had a second account from the UO:R cd I purchased that was still on it's 30 days free evaluation time. When it expired I used my card to reactivate the account and about 2 days later they banned it, and then refused to refund my $10 dollars. I went out and got another cd, activated a new account and used the 3 month game time coupons instead of my card and the account never got banned.

Lazyburn

Wanderer
Now OSI=D2

The sad thing is I would now much rather play D2 than OSI/EA UO. And D2 prob has the worst pvp right above UO now. Now it does not take skill to win a duel, it takes items. So basically they made this game item based. And resists.. whats up with that...

Basically I stopped playing around UO:R. You can only take so much crap from people before you want to reach through your computer and break your foot off in their ***.

I feel that way when I try to manage my player shard ;-)

Mortis said:
I still have my OSI account and yes it is active and paid for every month. I just never go on to play it. To busy with RunUO.

Aye, I still have my 1 account open, I closed down the other two. Don't know why I just don't cancel it. Must be a security blanket...my wubbie.

I guess I should log on time to time, to see what OSI broke and how I can make it better on my shard ;-)

psz

Administrator
I recently restarted my T2A account (Upgraded to AOS), and I'm mildly surprised to find that I actually don't mind OSI ATM.

It's not perfect, by FAR, but nothing ever is ;->

BooshnigBomb

Wanderer
UO was not made for PvP.
UO was made to be an rpg environment.
UO's pvp system never was that complicated/diverse anyhow.
As for roleplaying, why do you think UO is an mmo"RPG"?
massively multiplayer ROLE PLAYING game?

psz

Administrator
That depends. Look what's going on in Great Lakes with the capture of Trinsic. Or the recent stuff on Sonoma with Wendy and Miraz and all.

There's still a decent amount of RPing going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.