RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wyatt and Phantom

Status
Not open for further replies.

psz

Administrator
I never said Wyatt's code was buggy.

I said "Would you rather Buggy *RUNUO* code, or finished *RUNUO* code"

If the devs rush out RunUO RC1, it will be buggy, and there will be numerous Bug Fix releases.

If they take their time, it will be done once, and it will work on the first release.

x-ray

Wanderer
Phantom said:
Wyatt only wrote special abilities. They were not even correct, and chances they didn't even work. Considering nobody can prove they actually worked, I am going to assume the worst and say they didn't Wyatt has not posted any other script, I checked. There are still 15 mobiles and their special abilities, the new skills ( which he could add if he worked on it. The new special abilities still possible without editing the core. Additional tiles support, the new weapons.

Nice speech. But too much water. Dont talk about the things you dont know. You can assume anything, nothing will changed. The Wyatt not you run the Runuo under *nix, the Wyatt not you make almost entire se support and write paragon additions, the Wyatt not you know the client network protocol. I think the primary goal almost of all of this forum is technical exelency and knowledge. Looks like not :(

btw As I remember the post of ASayre in the thread he said the script is correct. And the Wyatt correct yours mistakes when you said this is impossible, but i think you already edit your post to became "nice guy" ;)

x-ray

Wanderer
psz said:
I never said Wyatt's code was buggy.

I said "Would you rather Buggy *RUNUO* code, or finished *RUNUO* code"

If the devs rush out RunUO RC1, it will be buggy, and there will be numerous Bug Fix releases.

If they take their time, it will be done once, and it will work on the first release.

Ok, sorry if i misunderstood.
Returning to the discussion, is it possible to remove the ban from the Wyatt ?

psz

Administrator
I didn't ban him. And to be honest, considering he admitted in both IRC and on here that he illegally decompiled RunUO, it would be up to the RunUO Devs (Ryan, Zippy, krrios, Mark, and ASayre8) as to whether or not he'd be unbanned.

Phantom

Knight
x-ray said:
Nice speech. But too much water. Dont talk about the things you dont know. You can assume anything, nothing will changed. The Wyatt not you run the Runuo under *nix, the Wyatt not you make almost entire se support and write paragon additions, the Wyatt not you know the client network protocol. I think the primary goal almost of all of this forum is technical exelency and knowledge. Looks like not :(

btw As I remember the post of ASayre in the thread he said the script is correct. And the Wyatt correct yours mistakes when you said this is impossible, but i think you already edit your post to became "nice guy" ;)

1) Mono - I have seen RunUO work under Mono. Thats how I know it takes longer then it should to compile. This also is no way impressive as MANY other people before him have done it, and they didn't edit the core.

2) SE -I have helped write some of the SE Support. Infact my lastest job will be to gain information on the new abilities.

3) Client Protocol - You have no idea what I know, and what I don't, you don't know me.

4) Parigon Addition - Psz wrote this, you don't seem him braging about it.

5) His code was buggy, it would not compile. Asayre in private agreeded with me on this. The code itself was fine, the fact it REQUIRED core changes was not ok. But thats not why he was banned, his submission isn't why he was banned.

He isn't going to be unbanned Asayre made that clear. But I have said this many times, I am not a Developer so I will not speak for them.

And the Wyatt correct yours mistakes when you said this is impossible

I never said it wasn't possible, I said it wasn't possible to add new combat moves to existing weapons because of limitation of the client.

This still holds true, and still remains true. His special abilities would only work with the weapons within the internal client array, that handles that code.

Krrios awhile ago, told a user this. Since I didn't know it at the time, I wrote it down.

I also didn't edit my post to tbe "nice" guy. I edited my post to be correct, big difference.

Well look at it this way if you lift the hood and look at your neighbors engine you are tredding on thin ice. If you hot wire your neighbors car, and drive it to the auction to sell, I think you have most definetly crossed the line.

Before I get flamed over this all I am saying is Curiosity is one thing. Redistribution is quite another.

Phantom

Knight
silverwolfe said:
Well look at it this way if you lift the hood and look at your neighbors engine you are tredding on thin ice. If you hot wire your neighbors car, and drive it to the auction to sell, I think you have most definetly crossed the line.

Before I get flamed over this all I am saying is Curiosity is one thing. Redistribution is quite another.

Telling your other neighbors about looking at your neighbors engine would make your neightbor not very happy.

The guy posted core code, he broke the rules, he bragged about it. He needs to be banned because he cannot be a good member and work with what the community has given him.

This doesn't need a core edit to support. I most likely given 20 hours to do it, could make it work without editing the core.

Like I have said, the user couldn't even add the SE map support himself. I really doubt he even wrote this code.

Phantom

Knight
ps as i said before - i understand you, but i think Waytt did't deserve the ban from the point of view of the user.

He wasn't banned because of me. He was banned because he posted a Core class, which isn't allowed.

Would he have been banned if I didn't find it, and bring it to the attention of Asayre. Even Asayre said he wouldn't have been banned if he didn't do this.

X-ray
What the heck do you mean by, "to much water"?

psz

Administrator
I didn't write Paragons for RC1. Mark did. Please don't give me credit for things I didn't do :-P

ZacK_Black

Sorceror
Phantom said:
X-ray
What the heck do you mean by, "to much water"?

He means that your speach was starting to smell like bullshit....

(without trying to insult you)

...atleast that's what the frase means when it's used around these parts in polite company.

As to wyats banning and Phantom etc etc....

I have to say (with the caviet of being a lurker and not much of a contributer) that I agree that Phantom needs to lightning up (it IS only a game after all) but wyat SHOULD have known that posting core changes (or claiming that he did core changes) would have got him in hot water (aka that issue that happend a while back with the reverse enginering of the code and then the distribution ala "RUOFree" from that Egnma guy and all the bullshit that happened then...)

Phantom

Knight
psz said:
I didn't write Paragons for RC1. Mark did. Please don't give me credit for things I didn't do :-P

Well even tough its funnier if you did it, I will admit I had the wrong name ;-)

The point was that, they are already in the submission forum, and already finished for the next release.

Its nothing to brag about.

Phantom

Knight
ZacK_Black said:
He means that your speach was starting to smell like bullshit....

(without trying to insult you)

...atleast that's waht the frase means when it's used around these parts in polite company.

Thanks for telling me that.

But it wasn't "bullshit" because it was the honest truth.

Merlin*

Super Newb Moderator
Just my 2 err 3 cents on the subject. --

1st Phantom help everyone that asks for help. Even I didn't like the way he treated me the first time he helped me. I learned very quickly that Phantom in his own way helped me help myself. He was not going to do it for me. He made me
do it myself and learn something doing it.

2nd If Wyatt broke the rules then he deserves the ban (stop crying about it)

3rd players on my shard keep asking why don't we have SE stuff on the shard yet. they have seen them on other shards. I prefer to wait on a runuo release that will include these things. That means I don't have to worry about if what i do will be compatible with the release and I can spend my time scripting things that won't be part of the the runuo release.

Merlin*

Super Newb Moderator
Guadah said:
*snorts*

Phantom is in the pocket of RunUO.

No point in reporting him, nothing will come from it.

Not True He's been banned before.
and this post would not even exist if Phantom wasn't involved and one of the devs found out and banned him.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
Guadah said:
*snorts*

Phantom is in the pocket of RunUO.

No point in reporting him, nothing will come from it.
Dont talk about things which you do not know.

You are in the pocket of my ass. (Right next to the remote)

Status
Not open for further replies.