RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wyatt and Phantom

Status
Not open for further replies.

x-ray

Wanderer
Merlin* said:
Just my 2 err 3 cents on the subject. --

1st Phantom help everyone that asks for help. Even I didn't like the way he treated me the first time he helped me. I learned very quickly that Phantom in his own way helped me help myself. He was not going to do it for me. He made me
do it myself and learn something doing it.

2nd If Wyatt broke the rules then he deserves the ban (stop crying about it)

3rd players on my shard keep asking why don't we have SE stuff on the shard yet. they have seen them on other shards. I prefer to wait on a runuo release that will include these things. That means I don't have to worry about if what i do will be compatible with the release and I can spend my time scripting things that won't be part of the the runuo release.

This is technical forum (whole forum i mean) and i prefer to judge people on what can they do, but not on thier "faces" like someone here. I know the Wyatt like professional coder who share everything for free, but dont know who are you Merlin. No matter.

About the 1st cent - if you like if someone (cool programmer eh?) call you "d@mbass","idiot" or something to HELP YOU or TO MAKE LEARN i think this is not normal ;) But this is sure my opinion.

About the 2st cent - guys, you are never break any of the law ? Really ? Dont beleive this, i know i know u dont care of that. Anyway i will underline this - Wyatt work hard TO MAKE Runuo BETTER. As i said before noone understand - we are in the same side. He didnt deserve ban.
Or you just need somebody to ban, or public enemy (like aliens) to unite everyone ?

ps I TRY to NOT break the law - thats the big difference - i am just a human and i am not the god.

I know nothing will change this situation and core developer will always ban such guys like Wyatt. Hope OSI never starts hunting on uo server emulations like Blizzard do with WoW community, but in this case everyone will understand the difference between free will, knowledge and law and money that rule the law and can feel the same as Wyatt now.

DIXI

Phantom

Knight
x-ray

I have never called a user a dumbass because he asked a question.

I have written alot of scripts, you just don't know about them because I don't brag about them. Because I didn't write them for that reason.

I am working on several projects, for the RunUO community. You cannot say I have not given back to this community, just because I don't post the scripts. There are many ways to support a community, many do not require me to post in the submission board.

I will even allow people to say I have never made a submission. Even though I have ( three times to be exact ), they were never very good. Because they were never good, I don't even consider them anymore.

Remember I had help with Factions. Every member of the Development team also had a part in it. Alot of the members in this community that have left, some are still here helped me write Factions. I never want credit for writting them, it was a group effort, so everyone should get credit for working on them.

x-ray

Wanderer
Phantom, in the post above i dont try to mention anybody, except the Wyatt.
If you take this on your side... let me say this looks strange.

Right now i trying to abstract from the everything and leave only script and server development on the top of the pyramid. Personaly i think this is right way. No revolutions just thoughts.

Phantom

Knight
x-ray said:
Phantom, in the post above i dont try to mention anybody, except the Wyatt.
If you take this on your side... let me say this looks strange.

Right now i trying to abstract from the everything and leave only script and server development on the top of the pyramid. Personaly i think this is right way. No revolutions just thoughts.

I mean do you want me to dislike you? I am a dumbass, I know your talking about me...

Perhaps instead of posting a post that could or couldn't be about me, you just DON'T post it. It has no merit on this board, adds nothing to the board, and only will cause problems.

How about we drop this subject? The user who posted RunUO core class is banned. He isn't going to return because he admited and posted a RunUO core class. There is no discussion to have, and there are lots of other people that will and can do the SE additions. He wasn't the only user who could do what he did.

I am not talking about editing the RunUO core because that requires no skill whats so ever.

x-ray

Wanderer
Phantom said:
Perhaps instead of posting a post that could or couldn't be about me, you just DON'T post it. It has no merit on this board, adds nothing to the board, and only will cause problems.

Perhaps instead to tell someone what to do you could just rest a little, meditate or something ;)
This is free sub forum, do you rememeber your reaction if someone tell you what to do ? ;)
So dont tell me what to do ;) Phantom, this is forum, not your blog (Or maybe you alredy corrected it ? ;)). And thats why i think (i know you dont care, he he) you are still speak here like civilized man. You may be a greate coder, but you turn this discussion to something like Phantoms PR scene... like almost always :)

Speaking russian - хватит вы@бываться :)

ps Now this post is dedicated for you :) have fun - you get what you want - kinda cheap popularity :)
pps I promice i will never comment any of you post later - you are a child and think like a child.

Phantom

Knight
Perhaps instead to tell someone what to do you could just rest a little, meditate or something
I never told you what to do. I suggested that you not attack me, since I have not attacked you, and plus its pointless to have a discussion like this.

So dont tell me what to do Phantom, this is forum, not your blog (Or maybe you alredy corrected it ?
What?

Now this post is dedicated for you
have fun - you get what you want - kinda cheap popularity
Please take it back...

pps I promice i will never comment any of you post later - you are a child and think like a child.
Yeah you will just attack me, and do that final jab instead.

Kamron

Knight
This is almost comical. I found Wyatt's code 80% unusable. The code is poorly constructed, and the strategy to solve a specific task innefficient. Also many of his files were crossed with custom requirements, and I found a few compile errors as well with plug-in-play code. The fact that he modifies the Core doesn't bother me as much as the fact that he brags about it, makes it OBVIOUSLY KNOWN and posts decompiled code, and distributes an executable file illegally (and on top of that, modified/hacked). There should be no discussion here, he broke many rules on many levels. Stop trying to defend someone who was not an asset to the community.

Phantom

Knight
XxSP1DERxX said:
This is almost comical. I found Wyatt's code 80% unusable. The code is poorly constructed, and the strategy to solve a specific task innefficient. Also many of his files were crossed with custom requirements, and I found a few compile errors as well with plug-in-play code. The fact that he modifies the Core doesn't bother me as much as the fact that he brags about it, makes it OBVIOUSLY KNOWN and posts decompiled code, and distributes an executable file illegally (and on top of that, modified/hacked). There should be no discussion here, he broke many rules on many levels. Stop trying to defend someone who was not an asset to the community.
I could not agree more.

x-ray

Wanderer
XxSP1DERxX said:
This is almost comical. I found Wyatt's code 80% unusable. The code is poorly constructed, and the strategy to solve a specific task innefficient.

Perhaps you can show some examples of you work, it is interesting to look and analyze your code ;) Know Nicholcas Virt and Knut, himself ya ? ;)
Btw, uo rice on your shard - is this tool is for removing client encryption ? Do you think this is 100% legal ? ;)

Phantom

Knight
Btw, uo rice on your shard - is this tool is for removing client encryption ? Do you think this is 100% legal ?
UO Rice isn't RunUO, UO Rice is no longer being worked on, and the author gave permission for to be distributed. Spider also has not edited UO Rice, thus is not breaking the author of UO Rice given rights to his program.

The RunUO Development Team has not given permission to to distribute RunUO. It also has not given permission to decompile the core. You agree not to do both, when you download RunUO from this website.

Please for the love of god, drop this subject. Wyatt was not suppose to decompile RunUO but he did. He posted a class by decompling RunUO when he wasn't suppose to. He posted a script that required users to have his modified RunUO core.

Wyatt was banned because he was an asshole, and dared people to ban him. If he followed my advice, he wouldn't have been banned, because I wouldn't have reported his other thread.

I didn't ban him, Asayre banned him, for posting a decompile class from the RunUO binary. Most likely somebody else would have reported and he would have been banned for doing it anyways.

This I hope will teach users a lesson, DO NOT BRAG ABOUT IT. This also doesn't give you permission to do it. But I know people, they wll think thats what I am saying, and its not.

I welcome your flames x-ray like I know you will. Please continue this discussion, so it can be locked and you can be banned. Would make me very happy to get rid of another asshole who thinks editing the core is alright.

You want to see some of Spider's work. Even though I dislike the shard he works for, I have some respect for him. He works at http://defianceuo.com/ and has code a good majority of their code. Its one of the larger shards in this community.

Vidi

Page
In a nutshell...

I dont care about the code in question.

What I care about is that yet ANOTHER coder that released things is now gone.

As far as the core code, I didn't see it released but did see wyatts admission that he altered it, which is against the terms of use for RunUO. That being said, it is interesting that an emulator has problems with people recoding it. The irony of it is rather perplexing as RunUO is skittering close to the edge of legality now.

I quit OSI because of the jerks they had as GM's. Simple as that. I wasn't going to pay them a red cent more for the lousy service they provided. It was their JOB to give me the service I PAYED for. This is not the case here. Here, the people in charge are VOLUNTEERING their time and effort and work. I don't pay for it ( which would be illegal right? ) I get this service for free. And for that I am truly grateful.

The point of emulation, in my opinion and probably no one elses, is not just to create clones, but to allow the admins of the shards ways to customize their shards to create the UO the players always wanted to play.

But one by one the people who were releasing the major additions to Customizing RunUO are being banned.

Why?

Each and everyone of them has done something that has pissed off the dev team. As this is the dev teams website, they are well within their rights to do so. They should allow or disallow access to whoever or whomever they wish. If it was my website and my hard work and someone pissed on it, I would do the same.

I would like to point out however, that this hurts the community as a whole.

I have noticed of late the dev team seems to be getting more and more angry. What is causing this I don't know. But posts seem ( at least from this side of the monitor ) to be laced with anger. Whatever is the cause of this, I hope that they can take some comfort in the fact there are TONS of us out here, who don't post everyday or even every week, who are grateful beyond words for their hard work.

There seems to be a growing divide among the dev team and those who release their own work. Maybe those who release their own work are getting an attitude. MAybe it's the devs. I don't know, I am not there to see what happens on IRC and most of the threads that get people banned end up deleted after a short time. But it is a shame, that everyone just can't get along and keep this community growing.

I will, as always, support the RunUO dev team. But this whole thing just saddens me. Regardless of who is right or wrong, justified or not, the community is worse off for the bannings of these people. These are the people that offer us the chance to develop our shards beyond a UO Clone. They are the ones that add the flavor to the great stew that is RunUO.

And as justified as the bannings may be, I, for one, am sorry to see these people go.

I will not comment on this further. It is a dead issue but I thought a third perspective should be offered in the midst of all this finger pointing. Don't bother argueing with me. This would only result in my reporting of your post.

big_cat

Wanderer
Ok My honest opinion, as much as I never like seeing someone leave the community for any reason I have to agree wyatt broke the rules he agreed to when downloading runuo, so he got banned. Now as far as phantom being banned, well if you read alot of posts between me and phantom we DON'T get along BUT, as he admits he gets close he doesnt go over the line, and he does do a hell of alot for this community. I still say he could be a bit nicer about some of his comments but he himself admits that at times he goes over the top, BUT he doesnt cross that line, anymore , that is why phantom has not been banned, and why wyatt was he went WAY over the line

Phantom

Knight
There are a ton of people making submissions.

Your sorry to have somebody who edited the core, which isn't allowed. Posted a class from the core, and posted code that didn't work.

You really want people to submit buggy scripts? Because his code didn't work, I posted the compile errors, so I know it didn't work. Lets not forget that his code was also very poorly written. It wasn't even close to being correct, even if it did compile.

The next release will be out soon, then you will Factions and more, all made by The RunUO Development Team, and the a good chuck of this community. You just don't know about everything because, you don't keep on recent events, you don't even know whats planned for the next release.

You act like they are banning people who submit scripts left and right. Most of the people banned NEVER posted a script. They most likely would NEVER post a script because they can't code. They got banned because they argued with the moderators, or even Ryan himself.

The only two members I know that have actually made submissions in the last 4 months and have been banned. Were GoldDraco and Wyatt, they both broke the rules, and they both resulted in lame threads like this.

jaynigs

Wanderer
Well, to start off with, its not particularly difficult to decomplie something and i am quite sure (based on wyatts posts) that he did not realise the legality issue until it was to late.

I for one am sorry to see this happen to a member who despite this incident has posted some very useful script which entailed lots of hard work, is banning him really achieving anything? i mean, he has probably reregistered already, all that is achieved is that he probably wont post anymore scripts.

As for his script submission with weapon abilities, all you needed to do was change the 2 skills, and yes they work fine.

Also i wanted to bring up the subject of runuo going open source, wasnt that on the agenda at one point? I guess that one minute it is heading for open source, and then the next minute people are being banned for decompiling and trying to learn from it.

In all fairness, if wyatt knew that this was illegal then he surely wouldnt have posted any admittance or supposedly bragging about it, my guess is he thought noone else had managed to do it.

Ignorance isnt an excuse , i know, but surely a warning and temporary ban would have sufficed? :eek:

And whats the legality issue of Runuo itself? with the EA/OSI copyrights.

Phantom

Knight
Also i wanted to bring up the subject of runuo going open source, wasnt that on the agenda at one point? I guess that one minute it is heading for open source, and then the next minute people are being banned for decompiling and trying to learn from it.

In all fairness, if wyatt knew that this was illegal then he surely wouldnt have posted any admittance or supposedly bragging about it, my guess is he thought noone else had managed to do it.

Ignorance isnt an excuse , i know, but surely a warning and temporary ban would have sufficed?

1) RunUO was never going to go Open Source. That thread was a joke, Ryan was playing mind games.

2) He might have created another account, he is welcome to submit scripts again. It will be his choice if he does or doesn't.

3) Your right it doesn't take alot of skill to decompile it. At the same point it also, doesn't take alot of skill to write anything he submited now does it?

Ignorance isnt an excuse , i know, but surely a warning and temporary ban would have sufficed?
I warned him the likely hood of him getting banned was good, I asked him to nicely to fix the submission, he refused and said he would just post the modified core if I wanted. I of course told him he shouldn't do that.

There are no legality issues with RunUO in the slighest. If there is ever a problem we could try to fight it. However, the recent court issues and a victory for a game publisher means we would lose.

Because there are so many cases, Judges rule based on past judgements to save some time. Of course we never decompile anything, so we could have a chance.

x-ray

Wanderer
Heh... Yangsters, who mask real life problems and failures here, covering with rules (but publish on the personal sites "xx~h4x0r~xx" tools, what actually break the license agreement with OSI), thinking about self like the only true gods and even dont listen the over point of view because no over point of view for them. Anyway -
let it be (c)

Respect to Vidi.
This thread is closed for me.

Phantom

Knight
Since I don't have any Ultima Online tools on my website, this rude comment clearly isn't meant for me. But even though it isn't, the comment is uncalled for, and there was no point in saying it.

I think the only person with life issues, is x-ray considering he is the only person in this thread that been rude or made personal attacks towards members of this community. I think he needs to get a new hobby, I actually believe he is the same user who got banned. But since I am to lazy to asked somebody to find that out, and I don't really give a fuck if he is. I am not going to bother to asked somebody if he is indeed Wyatt.

I thnk its time this thread gets locked, because to be honest, its pissing me off. People are actually sad, that basicly a hacker was banned from this community. Yes people thats what somebody is called when the "decompile" a program. A hacker, some losers that cause millions of dollars in damages. Same people that post illegal file downloads. Same people that I hope someday will be killed off, because they don't care about whats right and wrong. They only care that they have what they want, and thats all that matter to them.

jaynigs

Wanderer
Phantom said:
1) RunUO was never going to go Open Source. That thread was a joke, Ryan was playing mind games.

Hmm, For what purpose? i mean he stated in that thread that he did not mind runuo going open source, so are all his posts jokes? shall we then assume that the other threads in the announcements and rules are all simply jokes? are are those real? how do we tell? :confused:

Phantom said:
Your right it doesn't take alot of skill to decompile it. At the same point it also, doesn't take alot of skill to write anything he submited now does it?

Well, no, but he did save some time for quite a lot of members.

Phantom said:
I warned him the likely hood of him getting banned was good, I asked him to nicely to fix the submission, he refused and said he would just post the modified core if I wanted. I of course told him he shouldn't do that.

Yeah, i agree there, but i just cant help feeling that he didnt fully understand what he was posting and that what he was doing was against the rules.
His fault certainly, for not familiarising himself with the rules.

Phantom said:
There are no legality issues with RunUO in the slighest. If there is ever a problem we could try to fight it. However, the recent court issues and a victory for a game publisher means we would lose.

Because there are so many cases, Judges rule based on past judgements to save some time. Of course we never decompile anything, so we could have a chance.

Runuo is the most popular Emulator ( emulator is not the best word for it i know :p ),
the EA/OSI EULA prohibits everything that Runuo is, EA are a huge company and technically Runuo breaks that EULA, if they wanted to act, i dont think we would stand a hope in hells chance to be honest, whether it was decompiled or not.

Phantom

Knight
He knew what he was doing, because he hit the button that he said he did. I am speaking of the little "yes" button, or did he just not even read it.

I don't care what anyone says, I told him about it, and he continued to do it because hell I don't know why he didn't listen to me.

Nobody can say I didn't warn him, if he didn't tell me about it, he wouldn't have had a problem besides posting poorly coded scripts ( since another user claims they work if edited ). I wasn't going to suggest that solution, but I did say the author should fix the submission, he didn't think that was needed and thus he was banned.

Runuo is the most popular Emulator ( emulator is not the best word for it i know ),
the EA/OSI EULA prohibits everything that Runuo is, EA are a huge company and technically Runuo breaks that EULA, if they wanted to act, i dont think we would stand a hope in hells chance to be honest, whether it was decompiled or not.
You are correct EA would have a good chance of winning. We also have some merit considering the original purpose was to test a custom client. This fact gives a reason why we needed something to test it. Who knows, we could have gone to EA offered them an improved client. We could have asked them to support it, alot of things, hell after all we are just testing RunUO right :)

ASayre

RunUO Developer
jaynigs said:
Yeah, i agree there, but i just cant help feeling that he didnt fully understand what he was posting and that what he was doing was against the rules.
His fault certainly, for not familiarising himself with the rules.

Runuo is the most popular Emulator ( emulator is not the best word for it i know :p ),

From his thread which has since been deleted...
"
I didn't want to attach this separately, wanted to release this as a part of a set of complete support of Samurai Empire (already done many things( includes support new skills and classes... all, all, i am silent, afraid ban from devs ;-)))."

He knew full well.

As per the legality of RunUO, it's legal. It's fine. worse EA/OSI can do is terminate your account on their servers. Not gonna go into detail as it's been discussed a hundred times before. It's the lamest argument of someone doing soething illegal. Two wrong don't make a right, yaada yaada.

2AM. Sleep time. Only reason this not locked is cause it's starbucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.