RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.0.3b Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mifune

Sorceror
batarex said:
i'm not having any login problems at all, but i do not think i have the up to date uogateway either.

Hey, what version of UOGateway do you have, and could I perhaps get it from you?

(Sorry about the triple post :eek: )

Kair

Wanderer
Got this from a stratics post:

Today we have been experiencing some character creation issues on Siege Perilous and Mugen. We have been working on a fix for the issue and hope to have an emergency patch deployed to production sometime Monday afternoon.

That's not from an OSI official, but a normal poster quoted it from somewhere else a few days ago. Perhaps that is what changed. It's odd that a staff member hasn't posted about it though. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Edit:

Also, I doubt that the encryption changed. I tried logging in to my server with UOG, and my server is showing normal packets which indicates that the problem is not with the removal of encryption.

E

etragan

i dont know much about the encryption thing but woulnt there be a way since u guys figure out how to remove the encryption to have a form of this in the server almost like a automatic encrypton remover on the server side or eve find a way to have the sever work with the encryption.i know u guys would be why dont i write something and my responce to that will be i can i dont know how and this is just a thought

jaynigs

Wanderer
Also since the patch , cant skip the damn EA/OSI Movie intro..

If this is bothering you also, simply delete the files uointro.bik and eaintro.bik from the uo install music directory..

Mifune

Sorceror
The Problem with Razor

[01:32] <Kair> zippy: what was causing the problem?
[01:33] <Zippy-> Which problem?
[01:33] <Kair> the crash with the new client patch
[01:33] <Zippy-> Smart cpu reduction
[01:33] <Kair> ah
[01:33] <Zippy-> if you open your profile.xml and turn it off, itll load without crashing
[01:33] <Zippy-> but you still cant log in, because of an other issue
[01:34] <Zippy-> it looks like they changed the protocol somewhat, the encryption is fine, but its not displaying the character list (even though its being sent)
[01:34] <Zippy-> If you have razor log packets, you'll see
[01:35] <Kair> does the UOG-style patching miss something that UORICE fixes?
[01:35] <Zippy-> no
[01:35] <Zippy-> are you sure rice is really working :-P
[01:35] <Kair> yes
[01:35] <Kair> i can login to my shard right now
[01:35] <Kair> with uog i cant though
[01:36] * Zippy- shrugs
[01:36] <Zippy-> Im sure fixit will fix it in the morning :-P
[01:36] <Kair> hehe
[01:36] <Zippy-> I hope he remembers to update uog.dll for razor ^^
[01:36] <Kair> :)
[01:37] * Zippy- will have a new version in a few days anyway
[01:37] <TheOutkastDev> b13?
[01:37] <Zippy-> yeah
[01:37] <TheOutkastDev> cool :)
[01:37] <Zippy-> I would be almost done but I spent like 4 hours digging through disassembly trying to find where the client caches art information so I could make a treehack

zorm

Wanderer
For all of you hardcode UOG addicts if you run uorice over the client and then rename it and use UOG it will in fact work fine. This leads me to believe UOG is missing a patch someplace or adding an unneeded patch someplace.
So for anyone keeping score its now
OSI: 1, UOG: 1 :p

Also an interesting tidbit for anyone who might care, this patch only patched client.exe and is the first patch to use the upgraded patchw32.dll. They upgraded from version 5.21 to version 7.

Mifune

Sorceror
1. Which version of UO Gateway do you have?
2. What OS are you using?
3. Do you have a Free Shard patch installed?
4. What specific error does UO Gateway give you?

Some other people have reverted to 4.0.3a, and have no problems with it.

CEO

Sorceror
Here's what changed according to a post I found:

Fertbert (Ultima Online Live Team Lead): said:
The 4.0.3b client patch contained:
- updates to the sixth character slot support
- fix for Age of Shadows 3D: female hair no longer shows through the samurai helm (kabuto)

I'd guess the 6th slot support is related to the current problems being experienced during login.

Mifune

Sorceror
That's consistent with Zippy's comment.
[01:34] <Zippy-> it looks like they changed the protocol somewhat, the encryption is fine, but its not displaying the character list (even though its being sent)

Where did you find that post?

[IST]Blade

Wanderer
One of our admins is having the same problem, he's using UOGateway V1.9. On the other hand I've been using the new client without problems using UOGateway V1.8.

stormwolff

Knight
xxgothsweden said:
well, i don't know if this is related or not however: i downloaded the 4.0.3b client and now I get access denied message when trying to move it or open it or delete it. So I can't even go back to my other client. Thing is, i don't have UO open, don't have a shard running, don't have razor open and don't have UOG open so it can't be in use. I use XP Pro. Any suggestions?

This happens often when dealing with uo files. Not sure why, but just go to a command prompt and delte it from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.