RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.0.3b Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Seven

Mr. Fixit has fixed UOG it now works with 4.0.3b ;)
FYI : If you manually went back (replacing the client) you probably will have to reinstall UO to get the uopatch to correctly update. Or it will say 4.0.3a is the current one :p

Mifune

Sorceror
Perhaps not. There's a file in the UO directory named "VERINFO". Find it, right-click on it, and open it with wordpad or notepad.

If you have patched to client 4.0.3b, and reverted to 4.0.3a, then it should look like this:
Win32_UO_Shared 0
Win32_AOS2D 23

'23' means Patch 23, referring to client 4.0.3b. UO Autopatch thinks that client 4.0.3b is the current client, even though you are using 4.0.3a. Simply change that to '22' (4.0.3a), save it, and it will patch properly.

Voran

Wanderer
Mifune said:
Voran:

1. What OS?
2. Client 4.0.3b?
3. Did you change any settings on Razor, such as turning smart cpu reduction off?
4. On which shard are you using Razor? Or does it work for any shard?

1) XP Home
2) yep
3) Nope - some settings are changed, but not smart CPU. I just set it up as close to my UOA settings as possible.
4) Mongbatica, my own one. I haven't tried on any others.

Mifune

Sorceror
Did you launch both UO and Razor via UOGateway, or did you just launch Razor on its own?

I just found this.

psz said:
If you set Razor to NOT use the Smart CPU Reduction, and launch it via the fixed UOGateway, you can use Razor with the new client.

It's quoted from this thread.

An_Chi

Wanderer
Kair said:
New Patch: 4.0.3b
Date: June 15, 2004
Changes: client.exe

config:
40CE72EA: "4.0.3b 2D" 41AEF0 5 1 41B020 7 6 ;Kair / 15 Jun 2004 Tested
40CE720E: "4.0.3b 3D" 487482 6 1 4875C0 2 6 ;Kair / 16 Jun 2004 Tested

keys are the same as other 4.0.3x clients:

0x2EBBB7CD
0xA2495E7F

The reason for this patch has not yet been posted at UO or Stratics.

I had same problem but went here>>>>>>> http://www.uoxclassic.com to their downloads and at bottom of page is Older Client 4.0.0c and exchange it for the new client and your gateway will work fine. Probably will have to re-exchange the clients to play OSI...don't know as I have not tried since I was able to return to gateway.... good luck:)

An_Chi

Wanderer
sometimes it takes several days and even weeks to get a fixed program...... it takes no time to open the windows explorer and copy/paste one file into uo folder. at least that is my opinion :)

Phantom

Knight
An_Chi said:
sometimes it takes several days and even weeks to get a fixed program...... it takes no time to open the windows explorer and copy/paste one file into uo folder. at least that is my opinion :)

You clearly don't talk to Fixit on a daily basais do ya?

Took less then 24 hours to fix the problem, look at the 5 pages that it turned into.

Simple fact of waiting for UO Gateway, razor was fixed at the sametime.

An_Chi

Wanderer
Phantom said:
You clearly don't talk to Fixit on a daily basais do ya?

Took less then 24 hours to fix the problem, look at the 5 pages that it turned into.

Simple fact of waiting for UO Gateway, razor was fixed at the sametime.

Noooo I don't talk to Mr. Fixit on a dailly basis but i DID work for 14 HOURS straight trying to find a solution. He IS a busy person and all I was doing was trying to return the favor that I received from another player who led ME in a good direction. I am also a lady of 65 years and have a life other than UO....sooo nope you are correct Phantom..... perhaps I should just remain a lurker rather than have someone chastise me for NOT living on here and just letting everyone else do the same thing i did :( This forum will NOT hear from me again. Sorry to have taken up your precious tiime. (wow....and to THINK I actually expected a possible Thank you :(.....)

Phantom

Knight
Why are you making an issue over my comment?

I made a simple statement, the problems everyone has posted about, is the reason I don't do a quick fix. Do what you want, your not going to make me feel bad about my comment, or anything I have said thus far. I am not going to say thank you, because the solution has bene known since the the very first emulator stop working.

Admin_V

Wanderer
as far as i can tell uogateway is fixed razor however is not unless you use uogateway wich i prefer to just use razor anyway just wanted to correct the statement that razor was fixed

Phantom

Knight
Admin_V said:
as far as i can tell uogateway is fixed razor however is not unless you use uogateway wich i prefer to just use razor anyway just wanted to correct the statement that razor was fixed

Actually Razor is fixed, the dll can be downloaded seperatly.

Admin_V

Wanderer
yes ive seen that but still cant connect with the 4.0.3b client still hangs

ok i just dled it again and tried it does now work dunno what the difference was from trying earlier but i stand corrected ;)

Phantom

Knight
Admin_V said:
yes ive seen that but still cant connect with the 4.0.3b client still hangs

ok i just dled it again and tried it does now work dunno what the difference was from trying earlier but i stand corrected ;)

I have no idea, your the one who is doing it :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.