RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.0.3b Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxForce

Wanderer
Odd, everythign worked fine for me when most were having problems, then gateway changes and others can get in, and now mine is hanging.

*Ponders if I'm the only one*

EDIT: Another patch at uogateway, appears 3d clients workign fine now too, at least for me. Next tiem I'll wait a lil longer before I post.

spender972

Wanderer
I must be the only one that cant patch uogateway i havnt seen anything about this in hear. says its complete but a no go. any thoughts

spender972

Wanderer
im using uo gateway 1.8 and yes i have clicked the update uog. but it goes throu the mosions but after it says complete still did not take. still 1.8 id like to thank you ahead of time for your help :)

i just uninstalled uog went to the site and reinstalled it and still comeup with 1.8 im doing somethin wrong

Phantom

Knight
The current version is 1.8 and it does work.

I don't know what to say, doesn't matter if your using 1.9 or 1.8 the dll is the same, and was updated if you do a serverlist update.

Oz4k1

Wanderer
Problem is that OSI added a 6th player slot and runuo does not support, it there might be changes to the incription and some other problems too but I think it is because of the 6th player slot

My players can login with the new client up 2 the point where it connects to show your character listings it hangs and says connecting and just stays there.

Phantom

Knight
Oz4k1 said:
Problem is that OSI added a 6th player slot and runuo does not support, it there might be changes to the incription and some other problems too but I think it is because of the 6th player slot

My players can login with the new client up 2 the point where it connects to show your character listings it hangs and says connecting and just stays there.

Tell them to update UO Gateway or download the dll in the Razor forum, or on the UO Gateway Forum.

The current client DOES work, simple as that.

I assume your using the current version of RUNUO if your not, then that might have a part in it not working.

Oz4k1

Wanderer
Phantom said:
Tell them to update UO Gateway or download the dll in the Razor forum, or on the UO Gateway Forum.

The current client DOES work, simple as that.

I assume your using the current version of RUNUO if your not, then that might have a part in it not working.

4.0.3.b does not work on any of the shards we tried all running runuo . Most of my players dont use UO Gateway ... O and Phantom tell me why is it that they can login but it hangs when trying to receive character list ????

Ok sorry my fault i've patched UO both 2d & 3d client to the latest patch then riced them both and it works on runuo .... My fault sorry Phantom

psz

Administrator
UORice, UOGateway, and Razor B13 all work with 4.0.3b

UORice, however, is not supported by the RunUO forums.

this is what i know

well this is what i know for a fact. There were no huge changes to the encryption i know this because UORice works on the client if the encryption was drastically altered UORice would not be able to remove it. Since this client patch seems to me like any other big client patch such as adding of graphics and other changes like that it is simply time to update all the third party programs just like EasyUO has to be updated every time one little patch is released this was more than a little patch but nothing huge so it looks to me like razor and anything else that wont run now just needs updated. I removed the encryption on my client after the patch and i have had no problems at all. I dont use razor i tried it once and didnt really care for it altho i do know how bad it sux when your favorite program wont run due to one of those awful patches ea likes to throw out all to damn often. I say just sit back and wait it out till everything is updated or if your smart like me keep a copy of the last working client and use it till the programs are updated. I never delete a working client untill i have another one that is newer and works it saves alot of headaches.

Phantom

Knight
evil lord kirby said:
well this is what i know for a fact. There were no huge changes to the encryption i know this because UORice works on the client if the encryption was drastically altered UORice would not be able to remove it. Since this client patch seems to me like any other big client patch such as adding of graphics and other changes like that it is simply time to update all the third party programs just like EasyUO has to be updated every time one little patch is released this was more than a little patch but nothing huge so it looks to me like razor and anything else that wont run now just needs updated. I removed the encryption on my client after the patch and i have had no problems at all. I dont use razor i tried it once and didnt really care for it altho i do know how bad it sux when your favorite program wont run due to one of those awful patches ea likes to throw out all to damn often. I say just sit back and wait it out till everything is updated or if your smart like me keep a copy of the last working client and use it till the programs are updated. I never delete a working client untill i have another one that is newer and works it saves alot of headaches.

This has already happen, the current client work with razor, uog and runuo

because I use all three, daily.

cward

Wanderer
evil lord kirby said:

Its true UORice does still work with 4.0.3b if you don't mind several attempts to connect after the decryption. I used UORice while waiting for UOG and Razor updates. So even though UORice still works its not 100% effective and needs updating itself.

yes maybe so

it is true that UORice may need updating also it has been quite some time since the last update if im not mistaken. I think that most programs should be brought up to date regularly and while most are there are those that fall behind mostly due to the work involved in updating. For some it may be simple but for others it may require a helluva lot of work thus we get times when only half our stuff works and that can be frustrating. I just try to keep in mind that these programs are made by ppl that have lives outside of thier computer and are doing this for us free of charge and taking the time to do it so that we may all have things like uorice and razor to make our uo experience more pleasant. I know that i would probably die without pandoras box and uo architect.

Ninja Haxor

Wanderer
Mifune said:
Kair, do you think you might know why the client won't work with Razor or UO Gateway?

with razor if u use the smart cpu reduction.... then it will crash when u try to start up UO... as for the connecting thing.... i am still working on it, im sure i will have it figured out in a day or so

psz

Administrator
Razor Beta 13 fixed that problem.

As of the beginning of the week (June 21st or so) Razor and UOGateway WORK WITH UO 4.0.3b.

This topic is useless at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.