RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.0.3b Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxgothsweden

Wanderer
i've tried that but I'm kind of new with command prompts and completely new with WindowsXP and I'm not sure what to do with spaces. My UO is in C:/Program Files/Ultima Online 2D/ as I'm sure lot's of people's are and I know from using MS DOS with my old computer that no matter how hard I tried I couldn't find a way for it to like spaces. Whenever I use them it says cannot find the file..
Using WinXP i went to run, typed in cmd and from there i typed
"del C:\Program Files\Ultima Online 2D/client.exe /f"
What should I write? thanks :p

it comes up with 'Invalid Switch - "client.exe".'

stormwolff

Knight
The way I do it is

cd..
until you get to c:
then do cd program files
then cd ultima online 2d
then del client.exe

Im sure there is a faster way, but I stick to my old way :)

xxgothsweden

Wanderer
ok there's still one problem, my old client won't work either I can't move that and now I'm stuck without a client. and even if I move the old client with a command prompt i'm sure that it would have the same loading problem as the other one..what should I do now? :p

by the way, thanks for showing me how to CD into ultima online 2d. :)

well obviously get a new client nevermind.

stormwolff

Knight
The control issue seems to only happen when you drag and drop into the uo folder. if you copy and paste instead of drag and drop then you should be able to access teh file from windows.

Can't help you much from here about your client versions. If possible you can use krrios client until a fix is issued.

A

Allmight

xxgothsweden said:
well, i don't know if this is related or not however: i downloaded the 4.0.3b client and now I get access denied message when trying to move it or open it or delete it. So I can't even go back to my other client. Thing is, i don't have UO open, don't have a shard running, don't have razor open and don't have UOG open so it can't be in use. I use XP Pro. Any suggestions?

This is a problem on WindowsXP platforms. Never seen it happen on any other windows version. And it only happens if you drag and drop the files into the UO folder. Copy and Paste them instead.

Da Boss

Wanderer
help

Is there any sullution in site yet for all my users? ive tried the rice, dumbypatch and still doesnt work. will uog put out an easy patch to fix the problem? so that people who do not know about computers can play?

Thanks for listening

CEO

Sorceror
Da Boss said:
Is there any sullution in site yet for all my users? ive tried the rice, dumbypatch and still doesnt work. will uog put out an easy patch to fix the problem? so that people who do not know about computers can play?

Thanks for listening
Ryan already mentioned a few posts up that a fix is about done for UO Gateway. Start checking regularly there.

Personally, people that "do not know about computers" should not get one. PERIOD.

Voran

Wanderer
It's been fixed for about 1/2 an hour.
Just run UOG, and it'll automatically apply the patch with the serverlist update.

Da Boss

Wanderer
fixed?

Voran said:
It's been fixed for about 1/2 an hour.
Just run UOG, and it'll automatically apply the patch with the serverlist update.

it still dont work for my shard im running 1.0 and no players can get on still.:-(
shard is called absolute fury if you wanna try.

Kalpon777

Wanderer
Upon running uog and trying to connect to my shard, I get "UOG cannot open client" error box. It started happening after someone gave me the older client. Does anyone know how to fix this??

Kalpon777

Wanderer
I really need to get on my shard. I have players to care for. Why does it keep saying "unable to open client" ??? Any help would be great! Please!

Kevin18012

Wanderer
Kalpon777 said:
I really need to get on my shard. I have players to care for. Why does it keep saying "unable to open client" ??? Any help would be great! Please!

Well you know a lot of people have players to care for. Theres nothing you can do... if you havent already reverted Back to 4.0.3a.. I suggest ya read this Thread, People are working hard to get everything back up.

Kalpon777

Wanderer
Yesterday I reverted to 4.0.3a, that's when I got the "unable to open client" box error. Today Mr.fixit fixed the whole problem between the new osi patch and uog. But I still keep getting my problem.... (just specifying more in depth what's wrong)

Mifune

Sorceror
Kalpon, I realize this may sound like a harsh solution, but you could try reinstalling (if you have an AoS CD), and patch up to 4.0.3a. Cancel UOPatch after it has installed the 4.0.3a patch, but before it has finished downloading the 4.0.3b patch.

Mifune

Sorceror
Voran:

1. What OS?
2. Client 4.0.3b?
3. Did you change any settings on Razor, such as turning smart cpu reduction off?
4. On which shard are you using Razor? Or does it work for any shard?

Da Boss

Wanderer
4.0.3a?

Mifune said:
While UOGateway may have been fixed, there is still no fix for Razor, so if you want both Razor and UOGateway to work, I would recommend staying with 4.0.3a.

Da Boss, tell your players to download client 4.0.3a, which can be found at this link:

http://www.shardwire.org/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=98

The dummy uopatch is only to stop it from patching to 4.0.3b. If it has already patched to that, then you have to download 4.0.3a.

I have installed 4.0.3a still no go :-( and does this mean we have to choose between uog and ea? i play both. man EA screws stuff up! :(
and i want to say thanks for your time in this.......to everyone

Mifune

Sorceror
To use the dummy uopatch, just place the real uopatch.exe in a folder named "backup" inside your UO directory. Then place the dummy uopatch.exe in your uo directory. If you want UO Autopatch to work again, just take the uopatch.exe that's in the backup folder, and place it in the main UO directory.

What exactly is the problem that you're encountering?

Status
Not open for further replies.