RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are All Black Colleges Racist?

HellRazor

Knight
oiii88;759632 said:
Note: I was referring to the ignorance with in their culture about slavery.And yes I believe there is ignorance with in the white culture as well. And no I do not believe all blacks are ignorant in general . But most only know what the extremist tell them.

Any time you refer to an entire race of people with broad generalizations like "most"...well, you know.

And when I mentioned extremist who push the beliefs My opinions were referring to pieces of shit like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton and a few others who have made millions exploiting and refusing to let old wounds heal . I mean honestly in my opinion if tomorrow race was no longer a issue these fools would be with out jobs and they just cant have that now can they?

I think every society has pieces of shit and extremists. Why single out the black ones, there are plenty to go around.

When I stated walk up to almost any black and ask them . I was referring to what their knowledge of slavery was. And yes most relate slavery to the south simply because of the civil war. A lot of schools at least where I am located do not teach about slavery in other areas of the union prior to the civil war.

Well obviously, that is the part of it that hits closest to home and is most relevent to them. Why should they have any interest in it farther than that?

That's like asking someone whose family was murdered by a serial killer why he doesn't have an in-depth understanding of what causes people to be serial killers throughout history.

Yes it was a broad generalized statement . But from my dealings in daily life and many discussions I have had on the subject, I do see it as a large majority of that race are not knowledgeable with ih the subject.. And I firmly believe if someone going to use the past as a example then they should know the full history and be unbiased in it and look at it across the board.

If you make broad generalizations about a race of people that aren't rooted in provable fact, you are being prejudiced.

kat20

Sorceror
HellRazor;759599 said:
No, but there are people alive today who had grandparents who were slaves. There are also black people alive today who were forced to sit in the backs of busses, forced to use a "colored only" restroom, denied service at restaurants and business, persecuted by groups like the KKK, and generally and openly discriminated against. And this type of discrimination, although less overt, still happens today.

So it's really easy for middle-class white kids from the suburbs to tell black people they need to "move on" when you don't face the same obstacles and challenges that some blacks still face today.

Some of the posts here really say a lot about how culturally and racially insensitive and ignorant most white people are, even in this supposedly more enlightened era. It's not unusual that most of you who seem to be totally oblivious to challenges black people and other minorities face were born in the last few decades and completely missed the civil rights movement. It wasn't that long ago folks.

well hellrazor I think your a pretty good guy but here's a few things that your missing. first Im not a little punk from suburban america ok and second I didnt have anything to do with what happened to those people along time ago, third Im not racist I have many black friends, fourth if black people didnt come here (even as slaves,which is not my fault or even my grandparents fault) they would not injoy the freedoms they do today, And lastly the real thing that bothers me is If someone calls me a cracker I cant say shit about it, but if someone uses the N word it seems that all white people are racest peice of shit people, and many other things like that such as (black collages) if white people had white collages then we would be racest. and there is along list of others as well. I think people realy need to listen to LUDICRIS- Red light district-song 15 or 16 and wake up.

PS one other thing is if white people are so bad why is it that in almost every major primary 90% of the black voters are voting for oboma, that sounds to me like its alittle racest. I dont think they all know about his politics or beleive in what he will do they are just looking at the fact he is black.

Zaphieon

Wanderer
HellRazor;759599 said:
No, but there are people alive today who had grandparents who were slaves. There are also black people alive today who were forced to sit in the backs of busses, forced to use a "colored only" restroom, denied service at restaurants and business, persecuted by groups like the KKK, and generally and openly discriminated against. And this type of discrimination, although less overt, still happens today.

So it's really easy for middle-class white kids from the suburbs to tell black people they need to "move on" when you don't face the same obstacles and challenges that some blacks still face today.

Some of the posts here really say a lot about how culturally and racially insensitive and ignorant most white people are, even in this supposedly more enlightened era. It's not unusual that most of you who seem to be totally oblivious to challenges black people and other minorities face were born in the last few decades and completely missed the civil rights movement. It wasn't that long ago folks.

lol. but your read what you want and twist shit around.. you took slave trade.. and adjusted the timeline in the us to basically include the end of the official "slavery"

further more.. you go to say in one of your post that basically the " white man" enslaved an entire race(( referring to the "black man" )) you go on to ignore the FACTS that the "black men" sold the "black men" to the "jewish" to sell to "whitey" it actually usually when down something like this

gonna use simple words becuase i know those big ones confuse you

Now this is Meant for Hellrazor.. I been busy for last few days.. and wanted to pick up on our lovely education process for the little american white uneducated piece of trash.

Blackie = africa natives
Whitie = eruopeans natives that settled in america, with the help of the black plague that killed off most of the natives
The Jew = ... Jews...

a blackie town (( over yonder, "africa" )) would go out loot, pillage, rape, and enslave other villages(( those racist bastards, bet they were pre-KKK)).. now these enslaved blackies would get traded to other towns((blackie ones, incase you didnt know europeans really build settle in africa tell 1652, the Cape of Good Hope under instructions by the Dutch East India Company**not to be mistaken for the EITC from disney's pirates franchise.)), or brought down to a port town to be sold off to the portugal now the jew. for over 200 yrs(1440-1640) Portugal reign supreme handler of blackie slaves. untell Whitie from Europe in 1700's(( where he must have decided didnt like blackie becuase started buying them like it was a 2 for 1 sale at Footaction. either that are those damn racist blackies that captured those poor slave blackies needed something to sell since the gold coast collapsed. )) and although whitie most have been the most racist of them all.. others wanted blackie as a slave too.. maybe the 2 for 1 sale caught there eyes....

anyway.. i could go on fucking with you about how stupid your idealism is about africans being enslaved due to racism.. not calling your down right stupid.. just uneducated in this area. african slavery started WAY before america was thought off. the white man didnt invent it... and racism didnt fuel it..

Racism didnt make slavery.....
but Slavery did help create racism.....

its truly aweful when one man or group of man treats another badly over indifferences, but the sad truth is it will more then likely keep going on.. The assumptions of the uneducated, or word of mouth education people recieve from other uneducated people..

heres some info on the african slave trade

Code:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_slave_trade

first line is a killer "The slave trade in Africa existed for thousands of years."

and hellrazor you spit out BS like you know what your talking about without any real facts except that unbending will that your are correct.. no you dont know anyone that is alive today that was a slave or has living family that was a slave in the legal slavery days of the US....

do you realize when legalized slavery ended?? even if someone was born the day before legal slavery ended being born into slavery, if they were still alive today.. they would be in the oldest person walking around..

Code:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_War

your basic idea that slavery was caused by racism is aweful bud.. i just want you to open your eyes.. it wasnt a black and white thing.. it was a cheap servent to do my shit thing..

maybe we could get past this if black amercans would stop being referred to as african-americans, becuase that they are not.. they are americans.. people go around saying.. watch out for that irish-american after a few drinks he gets stupid.. =P i my family is irish.. i reserve the right to stereo type my countrymen as being drunks.. my father was not born in the US but i was.. what am i? a fucking american.

and heres the big conversion ender....

you want to make a difference stop talking about shit you have no real education on, stop worrying about the slave issues that happened and ended close to 150 yrs ago, open your close mindedness bro.. don't spout out shit unless you actually do alittle research first and here is a good place to sign up for some.. and for everyone else as well....
Code:
http://www.freetheslaves.net/NETCOMMUNITY/Page.aspx?pid=183&srcid=-2

segeration is not a good think ever.. but most of america does it everyday without thinking.. we all have different thoughts of religion... we do it with politics.. theres so many examples of it.. even the bloody bathrooms.. i mean why cant men and woman co-habitate the same restroom?? =P

seriously though guys like me or not check out that last URL i posted

/end rant

Zaphieon

Wanderer
Rosetta;759644 said:
Do you study Native cultures? It's a history I think is over shadowed in all of the America's and I wish more was taught about it. I really enjoy learning about ancient and some not so ancient cultures across the world.

You're the only one I have seen here bring up the fact that slavery was also practiced by Native Americans. Overall slavery was practiced quite commonly across the world, it was considered normal. Kudos to you for knowing more than average about the topic.

go to your local library and check out the book "the lies my teacher told me" --- it explains why most US history books leave out alot of what really happened, and what happened to the native americans.. though you could easily do a google and find out all kinds of info on them, what really happened to them as a people, and why it was so easy for the europeans to take over america vs Asia, India, etc.. becuase trust me they tried.

oiii88

Sorceror
HellRazor;759648 said:
I think every society has pieces of shit and extremists. Why single out the black ones, there are plenty to go around.

Well I just got home and figured I would answer this since you asked. I only mentioned black extremist because blacks take on various ideas was being discussed. If you would like to discuss white, Asian, Latino, Indigenous extremist I can do that as well . It is a subject I have been very interested in for many years. And have worked with in for the past 6 years.

And as for the comment about using broad opinions to make decisions... I am speaking from statics, When the SPLC I believe it was 2 years ago did a study to find out why so many African Americans beliefs on slavery in America, Many had little knowledge to the facts pre- civil war. I am not saying they are dumb, stupid or anything else just simply they have not been taught which is a shame. And that leaves them to be easily exploited to the lies pushed by extremist and trash.

Rosetta;759644 said:
Do you study Native cultures? It's a history I think is over shadowed in all of the America's and I wish more was taught about it. I really enjoy learning about ancient and some not so ancient cultures across the world.

You're the only one I have seen here bring up the fact that slavery was also practiced by Native Americans. Overall slavery was practiced quite commonly across the world, it was considered normal. Kudos to you for knowing more than average about the topic.

Not so much Native American history.But living in Oklahoma in school we had to take 3 years of Oklahoma history which I got a lot of knowledge about the tribes that resided here. But also being of a race where people in my family's past had been affected by slavery . I chose to look into it in great detail. And was amazed at the amount of slave trading that had gone on with in America as well as South America. 4.2 million slaves were brought into South America to work in agricultural production during the late 1700's well up into the mid 1800s . As well as into Mexico some 50,000 were owned.

But in the end I will say to all this is a subject most will not agree on simply because we all believe different. And to continue rehashing the who is correct and who is wrong argument is doing none of us any good.

HellRazor

Knight
kat20;759653 said:
well hellrazor I think your a pretty good guy but here's a few things that your missing. first Im not a little punk from suburban america ok and second I didnt have anything to do with what happened to those people along time ago, third Im not racist I have many black friends, fourth if black people didnt come here (even as slaves,which is not my fault or even my grandparents fault) they would not injoy the freedoms they do today, And lastly the real thing that bothers me is If someone calls me a cracker I cant say shit about it, but if someone uses the N word it seems that all white people are racest peice of shit people, and many other things like that such as (black collages) if white people had white collages then we would be racest. and there is along list of others as well. I think people realy need to listen to LUDICRIS- Red light district-song 15 or 16 and wake up.

PS one other thing is if white people are so bad why is it that in almost every major primary 90% of the black voters are voting for oboma, that sounds to me like its alittle racest. I dont think they all know about his politics or beleive in what he will do they are just looking at the fact he is black.

Well, Kat, sorry if I struck a nerve. I never called you a white suburban punk, or a racist. Although it sure sounds like you have a lot of anger over racially charged issues involving blacks.

My comment about white suburban kids was meant to make a point, which is, its easy for someone to judge other people when you have not lived in their shoes. Empathy can lead to better understanding.

Why can't you say anything when someone calls you a cracker? Also, remember that this doesn't exactly have the same connotations as calling a black guy a nigger, especially if it's a white guy doing it. Not that either of these things is right, as they are both racist remarks.

Anyways, I do agree that we are all best off getting rid of racial distinctions of all sorts. It would be nice for us to reach a day when skin color wasn't even a factor in anything.

HellRazor

Knight
Zaphieon;759672 said:
lol. but your read what you want and twist shit around.. you took slave trade.. and adjusted the timeline in the us to basically include the end of the official "slavery"

further more.. you go to say in one of your post that basically the " white man" enslaved an entire race(( referring to the "black man" )) you go on to ignore the FACTS that the "black men" sold the "black men" to the "jewish" to sell to "whitey" it actually usually when down something like this

gonna use simple words becuase i know those big ones confuse you

Now this is Meant for Hellrazor.. I been busy for last few days.. and wanted to pick up on our lovely education process for the little american white uneducated piece of trash.

Blackie = africa natives
Whitie = eruopeans natives that settled in america, with the help of the black plague that killed off most of the natives
The Jew = ... Jews...

a blackie town (( over yonder, "africa" )) would go out loot, pillage, rape, and enslave other villages(( those racist bastards, bet they were pre-KKK)).. now these enslaved blackies would get traded to other towns((blackie ones, incase you didnt know europeans really build settle in africa tell 1652, the Cape of Good Hope under instructions by the Dutch East India Company**not to be mistaken for the EITC from disney's pirates franchise.)), or brought down to a port town to be sold off to the portugal now the jew. for over 200 yrs(1440-1640) Portugal reign supreme handler of blackie slaves. untell Whitie from Europe in 1700's(( where he must have decided didnt like blackie becuase started buying them like it was a 2 for 1 sale at Footaction. either that are those damn racist blackies that captured those poor slave blackies needed something to sell since the gold coast collapsed. )) and although whitie most have been the most racist of them all.. others wanted blackie as a slave too.. maybe the 2 for 1 sale caught there eyes....

anyway.. i could go on fucking with you about how stupid your idealism is about africans being enslaved due to racism.. not calling your down right stupid.. just uneducated in this area. african slavery started WAY before america was thought off. the white man didnt invent it... and racism didnt fuel it..

Racism didnt make slavery.....
but Slavery did help create racism.....

its truly aweful when one man or group of man treats another badly over indifferences, but the sad truth is it will more then likely keep going on.. The assumptions of the uneducated, or word of mouth education people recieve from other uneducated people..

heres some info on the african slave trade

Code:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_slave_trade

first line is a killer "The slave trade in Africa existed for thousands of years."

and hellrazor you spit out BS like you know what your talking about without any real facts except that unbending will that your are correct.. no you dont know anyone that is alive today that was a slave or has living family that was a slave in the legal slavery days of the US....

do you realize when legalized slavery ended?? even if someone was born the day before legal slavery ended being born into slavery, if they were still alive today.. they would be in the oldest person walking around..

Code:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_War

your basic idea that slavery was caused by racism is aweful bud.. i just want you to open your eyes.. it wasnt a black and white thing.. it was a cheap servent to do my shit thing..

maybe we could get past this if black amercans would stop being referred to as african-americans, becuase that they are not.. they are americans.. people go around saying.. watch out for that irish-american after a few drinks he gets stupid.. =P i my family is irish.. i reserve the right to stereo type my countrymen as being drunks.. my father was not born in the US but i was.. what am i? a fucking american.

and heres the big conversion ender....

you want to make a difference stop talking about shit you have no real education on, stop worrying about the slave issues that happened and ended close to 150 yrs ago, open your close mindedness bro.. don't spout out shit unless you actually do alittle research first and here is a good place to sign up for some.. and for everyone else as well....
Code:
http://www.freetheslaves.net/NETCOMMUNITY/Page.aspx?pid=183&srcid=-2

segeration is not a good think ever.. but most of america does it everyday without thinking.. we all have different thoughts of religion... we do it with politics.. theres so many examples of it.. even the bloody bathrooms.. i mean why cant men and woman co-habitate the same restroom?? =P

seriously though guys like me or not check out that last URL i posted

/end rant

Pull your head out of your ass for a few minutes. I never once said that racism caused the slave trade you stupid asshole. I said that racism was a factor in allowing slavery to exist. Which counters your inane arguement that skin color never had anything to do with slavery.

You are talking about "the slave trade" and I am talking about "slavery". You think they are one and the same, and they are not.

Now fuck off before you're late for your next Nazi Youth Group meeting.

oiii88

Sorceror
HellRazor;759700 said:
Why can't you say anything when someone calls you a cracker? Also, remember that this doesn't exactly have the same connotations as calling a black guy a nigger, especially if it's a white guy doing it. Not that either of these things is right, as they are both racist remarks.

Im not Kat so I am not sure if I should chime in on this since your comment was for him. But I will say today in America there seems to be a reverse form of racism going on. IE If a person says White Pride they are a racist in the eyes of a lot of people as well as the government, but if a person says Brown Pride, Native Pride , Black Pride, or most any other racial or orientation pride they are standing up for their lineage, beliefs , and against past and present oppression etc. And before anyone says this is another generalized statement I suggest you look at the FBI list of racial terms. White Pride is one of them so that is where I gather my opinion from on the matter.. And as for a white saying anything back when called a cracker by a minority its a hard call. Because noticing how legal system seems to have became insane with hate crime charges and almost anything no matter how ignorant fits the profile for said charges.

HellRazor

Knight
oiii88;759703 said:
Im not Kat so I am not sure if I should chime in on this since your comment was for him. But I will say today in America there seems to be a reverse form of racism going on. IE If a person says White Pride they are a racist in the eyes of a lot of people as well as the government, but if a person says Brown Pride, Native Pride , Black Pride, or most any other racial or orientation pride they are standing up for their lineage, beliefs , and against past and present oppression etc. And before anyone says this is another generalized statement I suggest you look at the FBI list of racial terms. White Pride is one of them so that is where I gather my opinion from on the matter.. And as for a white saying anything back when called a cracker by a minority its a hard call. Because noticing how legal system seems to have became insane with hate crime charges and almost anything no matter how ignorant fits the profile for said charges.

You're right, there is certainly reverse discrimination too, and part of the reason some of what you described is tolerated is based on societal guilt on behalf of whites and over-compensation for events of the past. Not to mention some things like "white pride" have become associated with racist Aryan groups, etc.

But all of that is why I think we are all better off getting rid of things like black colleges and affirmative action. We have laws against discrimination and I think society has reached a point to where we need to just call everyone "people" and not worry about what color they are.

Rosetta

Wanderer
go to your local library and check out the book "the lies my teacher told me" --- it explains why most US history books leave out alot of what really happened, and what happened to the native americans.. though you could easily do a google and find out all kinds of info on them, what really happened to them as a people, and why it was so easy for the europeans to take over america vs Asia, India, etc.. becuase trust me they tried.

I usually look at it from a different point of view, meaning I study specific tribes according to the areas of where they came from and how they lived. I took a few classes in college about native American cultures of today and of the past. So I get interested that there might have been another here that has similar interests.
Also if possible I just go to the source, Pow-wows are great for that kind of thing.

Arkad

Wanderer
HellRazor;759706 said:
But all of that is why I think we are all better off getting rid of things like black colleges and affirmative action. We have laws against discrimination and I think society has reached a point to where we need to just call everyone "people" and not worry about what color they are.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Rosetta

Wanderer
Nope not me, it's the character Rose from Doctor Who. Hence why I chose the name I did in the first place for the forums. The actress/singer is named Billie Piper.

And on that note YIPEEE!!! she is coming back in the series... =] can't wait.

J MaNN

Wanderer
Rosetta;759859 said:
Nope not me, it's the character Rose from Doctor Who. Hence why I chose the name I did in the first place for the forums. The actress/singer is named Billie Piper.

And on that note YIPEEE!!! she is coming back in the series... =] can't wait.

So, I think they want to see a picture of you.....