RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are All Black Colleges Racist?

mordero

Knight
Dude, I know this is the internet and there is nothing forcing you to actually take the time to make clear and concise arguments without insulting people or cussing at them, but, seriously, make an attempt to at least sound intelligent. All you are doing is making yourself look like an idiot.

oiii88

Sorceror
Honestly I think race had little to nothing to do with who was exploited as slaves. It had to do with economics, the African tribes traded off mass amounts of captured enemy's for very little in trade.. I mean if Asians had been selling off their own race who's to say they wouldn't have been purchased right along with the Africans?
And I do believe there is a large dose of ignorance with in the black community .And that ignorance is perpetuated by people with in their own race who look to exploit for a dollar and keep the lines drawn. Most do not even know anything other than the propaganda that is tossed out by extremist when it comes to slavery. Walk up to almost any black you know and ask them and they will mention slavery in the south. A lot of them have no clue as to the original slaves being brought into the north to work on coffee plantations. Southern slave plantations were not even viable until the industrial revolution when cotton became in high demand.And even then it was less than 1/3rd the population who could afford to own slaves.
If it was all about race I could go on to point out that a large number of the slave ships transporting slaves were Jewish owned. But I don't believe that one race should be pointed out over the other.

I honestly believe when people accept the fact it was not about race but rather about greed of individuals then maybe healing with in the groups can begin.

J MaNN

Wanderer
oiii88;759489 said:
Honestly I think race had little to nothing to do with who was exploited as slaves. It had to do with economics, the African tribes traded off mass amounts of captured enemy's for very little in trade.. I mean if Asians had been selling off their own race who's to say they wouldn't have been purchased right along with the Africans?
And I do believe there is a large dose of ignorance with in the black community .And that ignorance is perpetuated by people with in their own race who look to exploit for a dollar and keep the lines drawn. Most do not even know anything other than the propaganda that is tossed out by extremist when it comes to slavery. Walk up to almost any black you know and ask them and they will mention slavery in the south. A lot of them have no clue as to the original slaves being brought into the north to work on coffee plantations. Southern slave plantations were not even viable until the industrial revolution when cotton became in high demand.And even then it was less than 1/3rd the population who could afford to own slaves.
If it was all about race I could go on to point out that a large number of the slave ships transporting slaves were Jewish owned. But I don't believe that one race should be pointed out over the other.

I honestly believe when people accept the fact it was not about race but rather about greed of individuals then maybe healing with in the groups can begin.

Healing ? Will probably never happen.

oiii88

Sorceror
J MaNN;759490 said:
Healing ? Will probably never happen.

I have to say at this day and age I have to agree. But the only reason I see it not happening is because people continue to toss the racial card.

Zaphieon

Wanderer
Quote:
if the persians sold slaves cheaper then the africans.. it would have been persian slaves.. and its not "white people" when you talk about those plantation owners.. its EUROPEAN.. mainly the spanish and british.. the french tried but hey everyone knows they get there ass kicked where ever they go.. Racism wasnt even a factor 500 yrs ago, its was greed and religion. so fuck off mate with that shit..
----------------------------------
Let's try to keep things somewhat relevent to the world that WE live in today, like within the past couple of centuries, mmkay?

And I never said there weren't OTHER factors. But if you deny that racism was ever a factor in slave trading, especially during recent history, then you must be REALLY REALLY enjoying all those drinks of yours.

see there you go ... lol.. wtf you think that europeans only traded with africa when the african slave trade started?? jackass.. lol.. when the african slave trade started they had just discovered the america's and by they i mean the europeans.. the vikings and africans had already made the discovery of those lands.. and the native america's well they at the time owed them.. native americans were actually the first slaves in the americas before the africans.. but they died very easily do to they were very clean people and the "white" europeans bathed about once a month.. and there disgusting habits actualy built up immunities to diseases that killed the indians off ..

So, given that logic, if there were WHITE people on sale in Africa that week, we would have brought them back for use as slaves, right?

You must have received your "education" from the KKK. What did you do your college thesis on, "Proper Techniques For Hanging Negros"?

if by chance there was white people(( using this very board term due to your ignorant use of it.. i mean you talking irish? russian? british??) for sale cheaper then the africans at the time YES there would be white slaves.

Yeah, I bet you and your black friend have great laughs together over drinks as you discuss how ignorant black communities are.

Just because you have a black friend doesn't mean you aren't a racist. It just means there are certain beliefs you hold that you wouldn't talk to your black friend about. And why is that I wonder?

actually said my best friend was black.. i have alot of black friends.. and yes we talk about how bloody stupid alot of black people are in this area.. LIKE i stated in the previous post.. you read what you want and ignore the rest to keep your arguements i see..

oiii88;759491 said:
I have to say at this day and age I have to agree. But the only reason I see it not happening is because people continue to toss the racial card.

yes.. I do have to agree

Arkad

Wanderer
Slavery has been around since the babylonian times... It's not a white/black issue, like I pointed out before on this thread many free blacks owned slaves.

It's something that wasn't illegal and all people of all colors took advantage of this business opportunity.

HellRazor

Knight
Zaphieon;759483 said:
see I said everyone across the board was ignorant and you keep bring it back to being black only.. its ok.. I understand you dont have jack shit else to talk about..

Wow, I'm really sorry for thinking that you didn't have a problem with blacks. I must have totally misunderstood you. Ok let's review what you said so we can straighten out this misunderstanding.

Zaphieon said:
most black americans think of slavery as white people forced africans over here to do shit for them.

slavery is and always had nothing to do with the color of skin.. another ignorant ass thing people usually think.

I am by far the least racist person i know.. but i cant stand just plan out ignorance.. which sadly is heavy in the black communities in the US....

so in closing fuck black only anything..

this does not say ALL.. or most.. just heavy in black communities.. want some examples?

though i prefer a jew.. heard they are good with money... lol..

I forgot that you also made a racist remarks about Jews too. So I guess its not just the blacks, and its also the Jews. And Americans. And maybe gays.

Got it. Sorry if I left out anyone you are bigoted towards.

and you jackass.. IN MY FIRST POST.. the one you blow up about.. i said there were 2 cases in the 90's in the US of slavery.. BOTH of which were white people.. and those are the only ones that got busted..

The fact that you are trying to compare something like that to the legal, fully sanctioned enslavement of an entire race of people as property, based on nothing more than the color of their skin...not in fucking ancient egypt or in the stone age, but in the last 2 centuries...tells me you have no fucking concept as to the issues involved.

Hey, let's look at all these (definately NOT racist) laws in the U.S. that existed concerning the legal definition of a slave.

Virginia, 1650 - “Act XI. All persons except Negroes are to be provided with arms and ammunitions or be fined at the pleasure of the governor and council.”

Virginia, 1662 - “Whereas some doubts have arisen whether children got by any Englishmen upon a Negro shall be slave or Free, Be it therefore enacted and declared by this present Grand assembly, that all children born in this country shall be held bond or free only According to the condition of the mother."

Maryland, 1664 - “That whatsoever free-born [English] woman shall intermarry with any slave [...] shall serve the master of such slave during the life of her husband; and that all the issue of such free-born women, so married shall be slaves as their fathers were.”

Virginia, 1705 - “All servants imported and brought into the Country [...] who were not Christians in their native Country [...] shall be accounted and be slaves. All Negro, mulatto and Indian slaves within this dominion [...] shall be held to be real estate.”

Virginia, 1667 - “Act III. Whereas some doubts have arisen whether children that are slaves by birth [...] should by virtue of their baptism be made free, it is enacted that baptism does not alter the condition to the person as to his bondage or freedom; masters freed from this doubt may more carefully propagate Christianity by permitting slaves to be admitted to that sacrament.”

Virginia, 1682 - “Act I. It is enacted that all servants [...] which shall be imported into this country either by sea or by land, whether Negroes, Moors [Muslim North Africans], mulattoes or Indians who and whose parentage and native countries are not Christian at the time of their first purchase by some Christian [...] and all Indians, which shall be sold by our neighboring Indians, or any other trafficking with us for slaves, are hereby adjudged, deemed and taken to be slaves to all intents and purposes any law, usage, or custom to the contrary notwithstanding.”

Virginia, 1705 (see Slave Codes of 1705) -- "All servants imported and brought into the Country...who were not Christians in their native Country...shall be accounted and be slaves. All Negro, mulatto and Indian slaves within this dominion...shall be held to be real estate."

But racism had nothing to do with that! We would have had white slaves, except that they just cost too much because they were so superior to the black ones.

farmers in the US still practice debt slavery today... white, black, mexicans, asias.. it doesnt matter..

Hey dipshit. Pay attention. We're not on the topic of economics. We're talking about one person owning another person as physical property that can be bought, sold, or killed at the owner's leisure.

the fact that your stuck on its a black and white issue just shows how fucking stupid you are..

The only thing thats stuck is that big stick crammed up your ass.

theres tons of asians that are in the US that are slaves to snakehead organizations today..

Ok "Mr. Generalities", name them.

Then after that, show me the laws that makes their enslavement something that is legal and sanctioned.

And show me how these are NOT exceptions and that this in some way compares to the mass enslavement of blacks.

You're grasping at straws trying to make a point that doesn't stand up.

they basically sell themselves for a trip to the us to hopefully get free and send there family money back..

I think you have a pretty broad definition of "slavery". I further think your broad definition of slavery might work in whatever backwater country you're from, but would likely get your ass kicked by pissed off ignorant people...er, excuse me, I mean black people...over here.

and that has nothing to do with race.. its about GREED.... heres an example that you might can understand..

if store A and B are 2 blocks from each other.. store A has the brand of nike's you want for $120. but store B has the same nike's for $30 ---- which store do you buy your nikes from??

Anyone but the black guy. See, I understand.

jackass.. i know its hard to understand that racism use to not be an issue at all. it was all about trade and gold.. and slavery wasnt invented by whites owning blacks.. its really hard i know..

Racism doesn't just exist between whites and blacks either. Yeah, that's really hard, I know. But try to wrap your tiny little mind around this.

Whenever one race feels they are superior to another race, and have the right to enslave members of another race - THAT'S RACISM.

When someone makes sweeping generalities about another race. For example, hmmm, I don't know, how about...saying that ignorance is widespread in black communities.... THAT'S RACISM.

And constantly insulting an entire nation of people ISN'T racism. Nah, that's more like BIGOTRY.

And talking up about how superior you are and how ignorant everyone else is? That's not RACISM or BIGOTRY. No, that's just being an arrogant prick.

So let's sum it up. You are a racist, bigoted, arrogant prick.

but your have to pick up a book not a US school book that shit was wrote by fat white european loving americans, a real history book. like christopher columbus most recent biography.. learn the turn meaning of greedy europeans.. columbus day could be called hilters day.. and it would be about the same.. they both commetted genocide.

Where you live, it would be known as "Aryan Asshole Day".

You're great at generalizing entire races and nations. Where are you from, "New Bigotslovokia?"

gonna use hellrazors line.. you should say that to a black dude.. and where i say black dude.. i mean bull dike.... and the race doesnt matter.. though a black bull dike might deliver a better ass whoppen.. it may come off racist buy black chicks usually fight better then white chicks..

For such an enlightened bigot you sure don't make much sense. Are you trying to say you want a black chick with a penis to fuck you in the ass?

HellRazor

Knight
Arkad;759495 said:
Slavery has been around since the babylonian times... It's not a white/black issue, like I pointed out before on this thread many free blacks owned slaves.

It's something that wasn't illegal and all people of all colors took advantage of this business opportunity.

You're right, it's not just a black/white issue.

But to say slavery is 100% economic with no regard to race - that's an ignorant statement. Race has often been a factor in determining who was a slave and who wasn't.

I never said that economics wasn't a factor. Of course it was.

And I never said that race was a factor in every case of slavery throughout history. It wasn't.

The only guy making broad sweeping statements like "racism wasn't involved" is Zaphieon (usually intertwined with his ignorant comments about blacks, jews, and Americans).

HellRazor

Knight
Zaphieon;759492 said:
see there you go ... lol.. wtf you think that europeans only traded with africa when the african slave trade started?? jackass.. lol.. when the african slave trade started they had just discovered the america's and by they i mean the europeans.. the vikings and africans had already made the discovery of those lands.. and the native america's well they at the time owed them.. native americans were actually the first slaves in the americas before the africans.. but they died very easily do to they were very clean people and the "white" europeans bathed about once a month.. and there disgusting habits actualy built up immunities to diseases that killed the indians off ..

No, Mr. DiversionaryTactics, let's talk about your original statements.

the ignorance in the US is overwhelming when it comes to racism.. some examples

most black americans think of slavery as white people forced africans over here to do shit for them.

To black americans, of course that is their definition of slavery. THEY WERE FUCKING ENSLAVED DURING RECENT HISTORY YOU INSENSITIVE IGNORANT ASSHOLE! THEY WERE BROUGHT OVER HERE BY WHITE PEOPLE TO DO SHIT FOR THEM!

And then there was this gem:

slavery is and always had nothing to do with the color of skin.. another ignorant ass thing people usually think

This displays your basic lack of knowledge about parts of the world other than your own. Because here, racism was very very much a factor. Something everyone seems to know except for you, you fucking dumbass.

if by chance there was white people(( using this very board term due to your ignorant use of it.. i mean you talking irish? russian? british??) for sale cheaper then the africans at the time YES there would be white slaves.

Not in the United States. Racism was very much a factor in slavery over here. And the fact that you are totally oblivious to that tells me your textbooks are no where as good as you think they are.

And by the way, genius, "white" is a race and "Irish", "British", and "Russian" are nationalities. I learned that back in grade school in my inferior U.S. social studies textbooks.

actually said my best friend was black.. i have alot of black friends.. and yes we talk about how bloody stupid alot of black people are in this area.. LIKE i stated in the previous post.. you read what you want and ignore the rest to keep your arguements i see..

Your black friends wouldn't be named "Uncle" and "Tom" would they?

HellRazor

Knight
oiii88;759489 said:

The effect of racism on slavery depends on where, when, and who was being enslaved by whom. But when it's one race that is being predominently enslaved by another race, you can't honestly say there was no racism involved. When people feel they have a god given right to own another human being just because they have a different skin color, and/or think another race is inferior based on their skin color, that is racism. Combine racism with power and greed and you get enslavement.

And I do believe there is a large dose of ignorance with in the black community .And that ignorance is perpetuated by people with in their own race who look to exploit for a dollar and keep the lines drawn. Most do not even know anything other than the propaganda that is tossed out by extremist when it comes to slavery.

There is ignorance in every community and there are stereotypes in every community. Do you honestly think that most blacks are ignorant? The fact that you make the distinction basically says that you do, but if you look at it rationally, I think you would find that isn't really true.

There are stereotypes in all races, sometimes perpetuated by the media, sometimes even perpetuated by members of that race. But stereotypes are just that. You can't look at an entire race of people and say "most of them are this" or "most of them are that". When you do that, you are largely reflecting your own prejudices.

Walk up to almost any black you know and ask them and they will mention slavery in the south.

Thats funny because I work and socialize with lots of black people and I can't ever remember one of them ever mentioning slavery in the south to me.

A lot of them have no clue as to the original slaves being brought into the north to work on coffee plantations. Southern slave plantations were not even viable until the industrial revolution when cotton became in high demand.And even then it was less than 1/3rd the population who could afford to own slaves.

See, you're generalizing again. I would argue that there are a lot of white people who don't have a clue about it too. Probably a lot of asians, mexicans, american indians, etc. too.

There were probably a lot of people for whom it was purely an economic thing that was done simply because they could. But racism was very much a part of the equation in certain societies. When all the slaves in a society are of the same race, how can anyone say it's not a factor? Of course it was a factor, at least in the U.S. It was racism that provided people the moral and legal justification to own another human being. It was the moral "get out of jail free" card. Blacks were considered to be inferior, in many ways on the same level as animals, based on nothing more than the color of their skin.

Now was it this way throughout the rest of the known world and the rest of history? Probably not. I don't really know. But I think when the slaves are all of the same race being owned by members of other races, then racism is surely a factor.

It was about greed AND race. Greed was the incentive and racism was the blindfold to our own moral compasses that would otherwise tell us this was the wrong thing to do. At least here in the U.S. The racism element persisted long after slavery was abolished, and still persists (to a lesser degree) to this day.

Arkad

Wanderer
HellRazor;759501 said:
But to say slavery is 100% economic with no regard to race - that's an ignorant statement. Race has often been a factor in determining who was a slave and who wasn't.

Considering all black people were brought here from the Atlantic slave trade it was probably a safe bet back then when you saw a black person to think he either was a slave or a descendant of one. It's not this way anymore of course.

But if you want to travel all the way over to Africa and say that blacks were enslaved because of the color of their skin, I don't think this is the case. I think there's more factors involved, the color is somewhat arbitrary - in my eyes at least.

Kiwi

Knight
Seven;759555 said:
even though I'm white, did you know I'm a minority? :>
I wonder if anyone can guess why? :p

statistically sure but are we really allowed to call ourselves minorities? cause if so I'm totally jumping on that wagon

Seven

Sorceror
Kiwi;759558 said:
statistically sure but are we really allowed to call ourselves minorities? cause if so I'm totally jumping on that wagon

Yes. Politically speaking... we are considered a "Minority".

I was talking to one of my friends not too long ago that is in the military and is really into politics o.0 and shes all for gay rights and went on and on about how we are technically a minority. (That is why she is for Obama) because hes for minority rights, which includes gays. So if he is going to support minority rights, he also has to support LGBT

but, note that I don't really look into these things myself. Might want to do more research. *shrugs* I don't really get into the whole political debates that much. My friends do that for me. :eek:

Kiwi

Knight
Seven;759559 said:
Yes. Politically speaking... we are considered a "Minority".

I was talking to one of my friends not too long ago that is in the military and is really into politics o.0 and shes all for gay rights and went on and on about how we are technically a minority. (That is why she is for Obama) because hes for minority rights, which includes gays. So if he is going to support minority rights, he also has to support LGBT

Now the question is, how can I use this to my advantage...