RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are All Black Colleges Racist?

Seven

Sorceror
Speaking of that, I need money too. And fast.
(Thinks about that commercial that is aired all the time, "I WANT MY MONEY & I NEED IT NOW!")

Kiwi

Knight
Anti-Basic;759563 said:
:confused: are we gonna hear about the details of the "gay agenda" that right wingers are always babbling on about?

My only agenda atm is to get some lovin T_T

HellRazor

Knight
Arkad;759548 said:
Considering all black people were brought here from the Atlantic slave trade it was probably a safe bet back then when you saw a black person to think he either was a slave or a descendant of one. It's not this way anymore of course.

But if you want to travel all the way over to Africa and say that blacks were enslaved because of the color of their skin, I don't think this is the case. I think there's more factors involved, the color is somewhat arbitrary - in my eyes at least.

Well I don't mean to say that was the reason the entire slave trade existed. As you said, that goes back a long ways. But in societies like the U.S. where enslavement existed, the fact that blacks were viewed as being sub-human gave us the mindset that it was ok to own blacks as property, just like it was ok to own an animal.

You would have never seen white slaves being bought and sold in the U.S., at least not legally. We bought and sold blacks because they weren't viewed as being people. I imagine it was similar in other cultures where slavery existed.

kat20

Sorceror
Zaphieon;759197 said:
the ignorance in the US is overwhelming when it comes to racism.. some examples

most black americans think of slavery as white people forced africans over here to do shit for them.

this is wrong, though i am sure they didn't want to come over seas, but slavery was a trade, like cattle.. the fact that they were africans was becuase the african trade villages were selling other tribe members off cheap. and the amount of african slaves went up after C. Columbus discovered gold in the Haitii and Americans.. this effected the aferican west gold coast.. gold was no longer needed from there so they had to make up for that trade with more slaves...

slavery is and always had nothing to do with the color of skin.. another ignorant ass thing people usually think. There was bust for slavery in the US in the 90's in FL and NY, neither of which were the "slaves" black.. they were poor ass white people that were being exploited by debt slavery. Debt slavery is one of the largest forms of slavery around.. very popular in asia.

there are 1000's of woman each your trick into going off on some trip, never to come back. they are sold to Clubs, Brothals, etc... most of these cases are never black woman....

------------

I am by far the least racist person i know.. but i cant stand just plan out ignorance.. which sadly is heavy in the black communities in the US.... African-Americans are owed nothing from the slavery from Euro-Americans, though it was wrong.. it was in the past and it was your African's that were selling each other like cattle.

------------

the only true people that are owed would be the native americans. most people dont realize you see them every day.. the ones in the eastern parts of the US were mostlikely killed off by diseases that the Europeans brought them over. the ones that survived saw these plagues/outbreaks as a regilious crisis and for the most part why the ones that are left are very christian.... Mexican are true native americans.. though no one really gives a shit about them... they were forced out of our "country" back in the day.. so we owe them nothing.. they have there own shitty ass country right?

-----------

so in closing fuck black only anything.. fuck this shit had something for ourselves... stupidity like that is what holds back progression. Race has to be one of the dumbest things to fight over.. religion being right behind it..

i know this was a long ass rant.. but hey.. wtfman

Well your right about that and to further it I would also point out that I dont know a single "so called slave" still alive today, so the black folks realy realy need to move on.

oiii88;759199 said:
On the subject of slavery . I do not believe only whites in America should be pointed out as owners. Many native tribes owned black slaves. It is estimated that the Cherokee owned 1,277 black slaves, the Choctaw and the Chickasaw held over 5,000 blacks in slavery up into the late 1800's. During the trail or tears they estimate some 15,000 black slaves were relocated with the tribes that owned them. I'm not defending the act of slavery. But it like many other things in the past happened. Nothing we can do today will change this. And crying victim over something that happened well over 100 yrs ago is useless to me. The Irish, Italian, and Chinese immigrants could claim the same seeing as they were second class in the eyes of western society in America at that time. And many were forced to work 8 hours for very low wage and another 8 hours for free to keep their jobs. This was very common practice on sugar beet plantations in the late 1800's until the early 1900s. To me thats a form of slavery seeing as you are exploiting the people to make a profit. Eh I'm ranting now and will end...

Not sure where you got your info ?????????????????

HellRazor

Knight
kat20;759596 said:
Well your right about that and to further it I would also point out that I dont know a single "so called slave" still alive today, so the black folks realy realy need to move on.

No, but there are people alive today who had grandparents who were slaves. There are also black people alive today who were forced to sit in the backs of busses, forced to use a "colored only" restroom, denied service at restaurants and business, persecuted by groups like the KKK, and generally and openly discriminated against. And this type of discrimination, although less overt, still happens today.

So it's really easy for middle-class white kids from the suburbs to tell black people they need to "move on" when you don't face the same obstacles and challenges that some blacks still face today.

Some of the posts here really say a lot about how culturally and racially insensitive and ignorant most white people are, even in this supposedly more enlightened era. It's not unusual that most of you who seem to be totally oblivious to challenges black people and other minorities face were born in the last few decades and completely missed the civil rights movement. It wasn't that long ago folks.

Rosetta

Wanderer
I think black colleges are not racist. When they were created there was a very large need for colored people to receive proper education. Just because they had been kept ignorant in society through no fault of their own. This was a way to receive the education they sought after.

I don't see a need to change black colleges. It wouldn't change the fact that white, black and all other colors go to those universities because it is their choice of what university they wish to attend. At this point it's more of a college heritage situation then it is just a question of a race.

Some years down the road when race of black and white ceases to matter, the universities built off of a social disaster and made into something better, made to change the world and help the people for good in society will be commended. And should also be so commended now.

It's not a question of race... it's a question of educating people in USA and that is something that can only help us no matter what color we are.

Now what can we do about those blue people!?

Rosetta

Wanderer
Zaphieon;759443 said:
the knownledge that its going to happen(if she was gay) doesnt mean your thinking about it preventedly.. your still very young.. would it be any different then her sucking a dick? but your implying that if i wasnt hurt my daughter was "gay" i was an incestuos prevert.. which implies I would think about her linking puss...?

but i guess in that way of thinking.. since you know your mom and dad.. have had sex... you think about your dads penis going in and out your mom aye?? about your mom taking it in the ass even? sucking on those old hairy balls.? your just disgusting Kiwi.. either that are your just an immature little kid on forums trying to play internet bully and only impressing 2 people.. J MaNN and Stormy which are to young to buy the drinks.. but statically speaking your prolly a middle age over weight woman.. so you wouldnt mind buying them drinks now would you?

You're thinking way too deeply about your families sex lives...

Zaphieon;759443 said:
...(can i call the girls chicks too?)...ignorant ass black people...fucking stupid white emo kids... wanna be hard gangsta white kids...teeny booper girl... i mean bull dike...a black bull dike might deliver a better ass whoppen...black chicks usually fight better then white chicks...

Racist...hmm unsure what you are but you really like to label people.

Rosetta;759617 said:
I think black colleges are not racist. When they were created there was a very large need for colored people to receive proper education. Just because they had been kept ignorant in society through no fault of their own. This was a way to receive the education they sought after.

lol colored people

But yeah holy shit I agree with you. The reason they are still there is more for historical sake than anything. I know a guy who is just the latest of several generations of his family who went to Grambling. This is despite the fact that its miles away and some of the closer colleges are cheaper (when factoring in the fact that he wouldn't have to pay for boarding)

I'm still very much against special funding for them however.

oiii88

Sorceror
HellRazor;759507 said:
There is ignorance in every community and there are stereotypes in every community. Do you honestly think that most blacks are ignorant? The fact that you make the distinction basically says that you do, but if you look at it rationally, I think you would find that isn't really true.

Note: I was referring to the ignorance with in their culture about slavery.And yes I believe there is ignorance with in the white culture as well. And no I do not believe all blacks are ignorant in general . But most only know what the extremist tell them. And when I mentioned extremist who push the beliefs My opinions were referring to pieces of shit like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton and a few others who have made millions exploiting and refusing to let old wounds heal . I mean honestly in my opinion if tomorrow race was no longer a issue these fools would be with out jobs and they just cant have that now can they?

Thats funny because I work and socialize with lots of black people and I can't ever remember one of them ever mentioning slavery in the south to me.

When I stated walk up to almost any black and ask them . I was referring to what their knowledge of slavery was. And yes most relate slavery to the south simply because of the civil war. A lot of schools at least where I am located do not teach about slavery in other areas of the union prior to the civil war.

See, you're generalizing again. I would argue that there are a lot of white people who don't have a clue about it too. Probably a lot of asians, mexicans, american indians, etc. too.

Yes it was a broad generalized statement . But from my dealings in daily life and many discussions I have had on the subject, I do see it as a large majority of that race are not knowledgeable with ih the subject.. And I firmly believe if someone going to use the past as a example then they should know the full history and be unbiased in it and look at it across the board.

oiii88

Sorceror
kat20;759596 said:
Not sure where you got your info ?????????????????

Well you can look up many sources on the net but one would be the Cherokee Slave Revolt in 1842 which took place here in Oklahoma at Webber Falls. Another source is a book called Red Over Black - Black Slavery among the Cherokee Indians.. Then there was the Treaty of 1866, giving slaves held by the five tribes equal rights, as full members of the tribes. But which to this day is still being fought in Tahlequah by the Cherokee as well as in Muskogee my home by the Muscogee Creek over them having to give benefits to the slaves descendants.

Rosetta

Wanderer
oiii88;759634 said:
Well you can look up many sources on the net but one would be the Cherokee Slave Revolt in 1842 which took place here in Oklahoma at Webber Falls. Another source is a book called Red Over Black - Black Slavery among the Cherokee Indians.. Then there was the Treaty of 1866, giving slaves held by the five tribes equal rights, as full members of the tribes. But which to this day is still being fought in Tahlequah by the Cherokee as well as in Muskogee my home by the Muscogee Creek over them having to give benefits to the slaves descendants.

Do you study Native cultures? It's a history I think is over shadowed in all of the America's and I wish more was taught about it. I really enjoy learning about ancient and some not so ancient cultures across the world.

You're the only one I have seen here bring up the fact that slavery was also practiced by Native Americans. Overall slavery was practiced quite commonly across the world, it was considered normal. Kudos to you for knowing more than average about the topic.