RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bacaw's <<Easy Level System>>

So all i do is remove my old ver and put your new one in, and A_Li_N CCpackage, and remove the spells. and add the myupdate.cs then in game put that command in. or will it do it for me. thanks for your time.

umm theres an error here

Code:
 - Error: Scripts\custom\Bacaw - Easy Level System v[2].0.1\Reward Items\LevelRe
wardBall.cs: CS0234: (line 5, column 20) The type or namespace name 'Staff' does
 not exist in the class or namespace 'Server.Items' (are you missing an assembly
 reference?)

is that important? lol

this is cool and I really like the updated system :)

however I was never fond of having classes, I feel a character should and can become strong enough to use any skill weather its magic or swords lol, I just wanted to mainly keep harvest/craft exp being used towards fight/magic skills and vise versa lol
The class system is used cause there is no way of making a new skill. It is pretty important when there are new spell systems and anyone can mix the spell systems in any way they choose. The biggest problem would be a PK who find the perfect mix and takes advantage of a flawed (unrestrictive) system. That would be about as smart as a Katana with 10 maxed attributes. That would be very unprofessional and unbalanced. So you see it wasn't made to bar down on people and to run a shard like dictator. It actually protects players.
-------------------------------------------------
So all i do is remove my old ver and put your new one in, and A_Li_N CCpackage, and remove the spells. and add the myupdate.cs then in game put that command in. or will it do it for me. thanks for your time.
No you will have to locate the files. Replace the old ones with my all the files I provide you with just to be safe. And you will also need ACC as well as central memory. Like Alien said it is easier to drop in the whole folder and delete the public gates and spell system folders.
-------------------------------------------------
umm theres an error here

Code:
- Error: Scripts\custom\Bacaw - Easy Level System v[2].0.1\Reward Items\LevelRewardBall.cs: CS0234: (line 5, column 20) The type or namespace name 'Staff' does not exist in the class or namespace 'Server.Items' (are you missing an assembly reference?)​

is that important? lol
That is because you didn't install everything.

DamienPenDragon

I installed everything in your's and Alien's Zip files but I'll do a reinstall just to be safe
Oh please excuse me. I'm an idiot lol. OK I see what happened. I used a staff orb as a template and didn't get rid of that line. Here is the corrected level reward ball. Sry bout that.

DamienPenDragon

lol okies sorry about the other post then hehe
Damn you must have posted that as I was uploading lol. Was afraid of that :) Let me know if you have any other issues. BTW I updated the package with the fix too.

New Errors

Code:
 - Error: Scripts\custom\Bacaw - Easy Level System v[2].0.1\LevelandQSGumps.cs:
CS0246: (line 31, column 33) The type or namespace name 'LevelGump' could not be
 found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
 - Error: Scripts\custom\Bacaw - Easy Level System v[2].0.1\LevelandQSGumps.cs:
CS0246: (line 370, column 31) The type or namespace name 'LevelGump' could not b
e found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
 - Error: Scripts\Misc\CharacterCreation.cs: CS0117: (line 42, column 39) 'Server.LevelSystem.LevelControlStone' does not contain a definition for 'EnableStone'

Im sure its not a hard fix but havent gotten used to the new system so I thought it might be faster and alot less time consuming then try and figure it all out on my own lol

DamienPenDragon

New Errors

Code:
- Error: Scripts\custom\Bacaw - Easy Level System v[2].0.1\LevelandQSGumps.cs:CS0246: (line 31, column 33) The type or namespace name 'LevelGump' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) - Error: Scripts\custom\Bacaw - Easy Level System v[2].0.1\LevelandQSGumps.cs:CS0246: (line 370, column 31) The type or namespace name 'LevelGump' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) - Error: Scripts\Misc\CharacterCreation.cs: CS0117: (line 42, column 39) 'Server.LevelSystem.LevelControlStone' does not contain a definition for 'EnableStone'​

Very weird I didn't get an error on those, but they need to be fixed. I had two LevelGumps and had to change the name of this one. That's prolly why I didn't get the errors. :) OK here is the correction:

Test it real quick before I goto bed.

1 Error and 1 warning

Code:
 - Warning: Scripts\custom\Bacaw - Easy Level System v[2].0.1\LevelandQSGumps.cs
: CS0219: (line 356, column 11) The variable 'nofunds' is assigned but its value is never used 
- Error: Scripts\Misc\CharacterCreation.cs: CS0117: (line 42, column 39) 'Serve
r.LevelSystem.LevelControlStone' does not contain a definition for 'EnableStone'

1 Error and 1 warning

Code:
- Warning: Scripts\custom\Bacaw - Easy Level System v[2].0.1\LevelandQSGumps.cs: CS0219: (line 356, column 11) The variable 'nofunds' is assigned but its value is never used - Error: Scripts\Misc\CharacterCreation.cs: CS0117: (line 42, column 39) 'Server.LevelSystem.LevelControlStone' does not contain a definition for 'EnableStone'​

Code:
//Begin Mod by Andy for LevelKeeper
			LevelKeeper keeper = new LevelKeeper();
			keeper.Owner = m;
			keeper.Updated = true;
			PackItem( keeper );
			foreach ( Item item in World.Items.Values )
			{
				if ( item is LevelControlStone && ((LevelControlStone)item).EnableStone == true )
				((LevelControlStone)item).LevelKeepers.Add(keeper);
			}
//End Mod for LevelKeeper

thats the Mod for the level script to the character creation

DamienPenDragon

Code:
[LEFT]//Begin Mod by Andy for LevelKeeper
			LevelKeeper keeper = new LevelKeeper();
			keeper.Owner = m;
			keeper.Updated = true;
			PackItem( keeper );
			foreach ( Item item in World.Items.Values )
			{
				if ( item is LevelControlStone && ((LevelControlStone)item).EnableStone == true )
				((LevelControlStone)item).LevelKeepers.Add(keeper);
			}
//End Mod for LevelKeeper[/LEFT]
Remove all of that. I will come up with a check on login. But for now have the players use the command "[level" or "[myexp" to create their modules. The LevelControlStone isn't even used on this version.

DamienPenDragon

okay so its really not needed in the new version?
No it was a pain, so I got rid of it. I am able to have a module created on the first kill after the system is updated.....gimme sec.

OK here it is (untested). Need to test this with someone who doesn't have a module (create new character).

Damn I'm crazy. I just got done with this and now I'm making a PVP System lol. I just finished the module. *slaps forehead* Gnite ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

okay just thought I would let you know,

my Update command needs to target the level controll stone, which when I restarted my server after the fixes, it asked me to delete so I did now I dont have a level controll stone to update on lmao

okay just letting you know

I readded the level Controll Stone, then went to double clicked it and the server crashed...

Code:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.Gumps.LevelControlStoneGump..ctor()
   at Server.LevelSystem.LevelControlStone.OnDoubleClick(Mobile from)
   at Server.Mobile.Use(Item item)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.UseReq(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Also when

[update = nothing happens after you click the stone
[myupdate = not a valid command

I will try and reinstalling the package tomarrow maybe let you have one more look over it

DamienPenDragon

okay just letting you know

I readded the level Controll Stone, then went to double clicked it and the server crashed...

Code:
Exception:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Server.Gumps.LevelControlStoneGump..ctor() at Server.LevelSystem.LevelControlStone.OnDoubleClick(Mobile from) at Server.Mobile.Use(Item item) at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.UseReq(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc) at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns) at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice() at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)​

Also when

[update = nothing happens after you click the stone
[myupdate = not a valid command

I will try and reinstalling the package tomarrow maybe let you have one more look over it
The [Update isn't my command. The [MyUpdate is but seems like you didn't install it. You can find it on post #2. But you prolly didn't read my announcement several posts back.