RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bacaw's <<Easy Level System>>

nacrom

Wanderer
put the levelkeeper.cs back in

this still calls for it in the myupdate.cs

i attached a copy incase you need it

Attachments

• LevelKeeper.cs
    4 KB · Views: 17
  • LevelControlStone.cs
    5 KB · Views: 17
  • LevelControlStoneGump.cs
    6.4 KB · Views: 12
WonderlandADnc

Yeah make sure all the files are in. Even thought hey are not need something may reference them still. And the LevelKeeper must stay in so that the data can be transfered from the LevelKeeper to the LevelKeeperModule. We prolly won't remove those scripts til the next release.

I have it working now :) its nice not needing to use the level control stone, yet I will probably have to do many custom mods to this to fit my shard :S

I dont really need or use the weapon enchancements since I have leveable items on my shard... not to mention I mainly use this system for distributing Skills to players since normal skill gain is disabled (reason why I talked to Becaw about the harvest/ fighting mods and the like) :S

Im not sure how the Centeral memory thing plays into affect (other then not needing the control stone) lol this is a very cool update hehe

DamienPenDragon

I have it working now :) its nice not needing to use the level control stone, yet I will probably have to do many custom mods to this to fit my shard :S

I dont really need or use the weapon enchancements since I have leveable items on my shard... not to mention I mainly use this system for distributing Skills to players since normal skill gain is disabled (reason why I talked to Becaw about the harvest/ fighting mods and the like) :S

Im not sure how the Centeral memory thing plays into affect (other then not needing the control stone) lol this is a very cool update hehehttp://www.runuo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62122
In this case...Central Memory eliminates the orbs. Orbs are a pain. They screw up the backpack count and if you have events that empty the backpack you will need additional code to keep the orbs from being removed. Orbs suck and are unprofessional.

Skill points are optional and can be turned off in the ELS Settings.cs script.

And why would you disable normal skill gains? And if you used an alternative point system isn't it still the same thing? I don't think the experience system is what you need. You may consider a class system with custom skill points.

And crafting experience points prolly are not necessary since there are BOD systems that reward crafters. Here is my CFTB that includes carpenter, fletcher and tinker BODs:
http://www.runuo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62122

If I were you...I'd turn the skill gains back on and use the experience system for what it is. The experience system rewards fighters for their kills just like BODs do for crafters. This is not a custom skill point system, but I think TMS has a system for that purpose. Might want to check it out.

Lucid Nagual said:
In this case...Central Memory eliminates the orbs. Orbs are a pain. They screw up the backpack count and if you have events that empty the backpack you will need additional code to keep the orbs from being removed. Orbs suck and are unprofessional.

Skill points are optional and can be turned off in the ELS Settings.cs script.

And why would you disable normal skill gains? And if you used an alternative point system isn't it still the same thing? I don't think the experience system is what you need. You may consider a class system with custom skill points.

And crafting experience points prolly are not necessary since there are BOD systems that reward crafters. Here is my CFTB that includes carpenter, fletcher and tinker BODs:
http://www.runuo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62122

If I were you...I'd turn the skill gains back on and use the experience system for what it is. The experience system rewards fighters for their kills just like BODs do for crafters. This is not a custom skill point system, but I think TMS has a system for that purpose. Might want to check it out.

The Central memory thing is really awsome acctually :) and yeah the orbs were kinda a pain but they worked lmao so yeah I really like this update...
I dont like Class because when I think of class I think of old fashion RPGs, mages couldnt use swords, Fighters couldnt use magic hence why I dont really care for classes I feel if a character wants to work to become a mage who uses a sword then go for it...

as for the Skill gain. I was never really fond of how OSI gave skills.. to easy or to hard, not to mention uncontrolled gain... to me a Level system is much like the old fashion RPG's you gain a level you get to pick and chose which skills you want to rise and lower with the ammount of points you got from that level (how I had the becaw's level system modified, reason why the harvest/fighting exps I wanted to keep seperate)

a Level system to me isint something that keeps track of kills or the like... the Harvest/Crafting part is to keep players from going out and killing Monsters and putting those Skillpoints to a Crafting purpouse (makes it hard to keep gaining levels after so long as well)

The Way I had it set up before was when a person gained a level they got 5 points to distribute to whatever SKill/Stat they wished (with the Skill limit on, however items would help them raise their cap up)
so eventually they could be a Fight and a Mage and a crafter if they liked..

and that to me is what a Level system is like :D

LordHogFred

Knight
Is there a chance you could add it as an optional addon?
Like a previous level system I saw chars could use a command to change over to the level system if they wanted to or they could stay with the default skill system.
Chz

I dont like Class because when I think of class I think of old fashion RPGs, mages couldnt use swords, Fighters couldnt use magic hence why I dont really care for classes I feel if a character wants to work to become a mage who uses a sword then go for it...
My class system is no where complete but this is how it will work...it will first of all tags a player "farmer". That doesn't mean that the player can only farm. What this means is that is his main trade or skill. When being tagged I can reward him better based off of his class and I can add a custom (optional) skill gain to his module, so that he can have a skill called "Farmer". Maybe the higher the skill the better success rate when planting? Then this is where the experience system comes into play....he can be rewarded experience points when he uses his skill. He/she will get a reward ball. When clicking the reward ball it will see that this person is a farmer and instead of rewarding him with a sword he will get a special irrigation tool. His name property might be "Farmer, Level 5" and people will know they can goto him for flax. Just a few examples.

Oh and....my current class system does restrict the mixing of spell systems cause it is not balanced any other way. However, that restriction is an option and will remain an option. Some shards like to be super crazy umber and that is their business (or problem would be a better word). But at the same time I offer special classes for some kinds of spell mixing....like "Tamer" has the ability to use Bard spells for defense and Druid spells for travel and ect. Hopefully I shed some new light on how a good class system works.
----------------------------------------------------
The Way I had it set up before was when a person gained a level they got 5 points to distribute to whatever SKill/Stat they wished (with the Skill limit on, however items would help them raise their cap up)
so eventually they could be a Fight and a Mage and a crafter if they liked..

and that to me is what a Level system is like :D
Unfortunately, I don't see this as being an easy task. This would require many distro edits and I am not fond of that sort of thing. But I can see this happening with a merged class system ...and would not need distro edits if done in that way. I know Bacaw was working on that project but the files I got from him were corrupt and couldn't see them. I did see one thing in his scripts and that was...aging. It looked as though he was providing everyone with an option to purchase an age when arriving at level 16. I liked that idea partially cause that would allow the level system to cycle. But I didn't like the idea that it took an ungodly amount of experience points to achieve that. I thought that if players had to hunt diligently for months to achieve one level that attention would fall away from this system. And I didn't like the idea of charging players when they worked so hard to get a new level. So I lowered (within reason) the NextLevelUp requirements and decided to give rank after going 1000000 points further than level 16 for free. When being rewarded a rank their experience points get reset and so does their level. Allowing them to start over and to try and acheive rank 2. Each rank gives a better bonus when rewarded and figure in when clicking the Level Reward Ball. I did get rid of another thing...and that was purchasing rewards with experience points. I feel that the experience points are a way to to track and reward levels not to use as points for rewards. So I substituted the experience point rewards for experience token rewards. For every level and rank you get an experience token. The tokens can be spent on the same items as before. The higher the rank the more tokens you get rewarded when leveling up :)

And about the skill gains...
Levels 1-6 get a skill ball rewarding them with 25 free skill points. My reward ball also does something that the others don't. Let's say you only need 5 skill points for the skill you want to raise. This won't be an issue. You can choose that skill it will reward you the 5 points and then put the remaining 10 back on the skill ball. The reason that I stopped it at level 6 is that the Welcome Skillballs are movable false and that a person will start maxing out his points somewhere along the line and I didn't want staff to have to delete these balls out of people's backpacks. But levels 7 and up give out other neat rewards in it's place.

Every time you gain in rank....
You are rewarded a 1 stat cap increase, and a 10 skill cap increase. I will prolly need to provide an update so people can set cap on their caps. What this means is if a shard has a 800 skill point cap they set a cap on the level system to only allow cap gains to 1000 points (example...this can be changed to any number a shard wishes).
----------------------------------------------------------
Is there a chance you could add it as an optional addon?
Like a previous level system I saw chars could use a command to change over to the level system if they wanted to or they could stay with the default skill system.
Chz
Hello good to see you LordHF. Yes the experience tokens and the skill point rewards are optional and can be toggled in the ELS_Settings.cs. The update itself is not optional though cause we are now using modules instead of level keepers.

well the thing I really like about Becaws level system and your moddified system is that its very versitle acctually I thought of an easy fix to acctually do what I need done...

as for your comment about needing to modify distro files.. acctually my system was working and was working extreamly well with only one distro edit (the prevention of skill gain) then when they gained a level I had simply moddifed his Skillpoint rewards into a new gump / useage, so when they gained a level they got 5 skill points, they would click spend SP, and it opened the new moddified gump I had made they then chose the skills they wished to spend the points on... I had it set that 1 SP would equal 1.0 skill of their choice... no real distro mods there, however I ran into the problem of Crafters/Fighters I was looking for a way to make it so that players could gain exp from Harvest/craft using those levels for their crafting skills, and the levels from killing Monsters to their fighting skills :)

my problem is I dont know enough about C# to acctually code all that, I had no idea how to make it so that people could gain exp from harvesting/crafting lmao

the Classes you defined are acctually not as papriatory as the old stuffy classes you find on RPGS (where if you were a mage you could only do spells lmao) Ive been an Avid RPG fan for years and found the best way to make a Roleplaying Character is to allow them to do what they can do.. if their Mage wanted to pick up a sword and learn how to use it then let them do it lmao

If I wasnt a moron I would have shown you my moddifed Skillrewardgump for Becaws old system that allowed for acctually Skill gain incress (1 SP converted into 1.0) but when converting to the updated system while I was having troubles I accedently used the backup file and replaced them all with the new stuff you created lmao, I would have to go back and look for the coding used to give players 1.0 to their skill, and after that its making a simple gump for players to chose the skill of their choice...

as for your comment about needing to modify distro files.. acctually my system was working and was working extreamly well with only one distro edit (the prevention of skill gain)
That is something you'll have to do on your own. I'm not going to reconstruct a skill point system, cause that is not what this is about. This is a bonus system for fighters. And like you said you allow a mage to have a sword, so they can take advantage of the skill system if they like. But I'm certainly not going to disable the skill point system. There are scripts available in the forums that allow you to adjust skill gains.
-----------------------------------------------------------
no real distro mods there, however I ran into the problem of Crafters/Fighters I was looking for a way to make it so that players could gain exp from Harvest/craft using those levels for their crafting skills, and the levels from killing Monsters to their fighting skills :)
I'm not certain what you really mean, but...if your crafters kill something they gain experience points too. If you want them to get bonuses for crafting then install my BOD system. But I really think that the problem is you screwed your self when you got this wacked out idea of the skill gains. The distro version works perfectly fine if you think about it. You use a sword to kill and you gain in swordsmanship. Sounds logical. Then you use this system to track their kills so they can get bonus rewards for fighting.
-------------------------------------------------------
the Classes you defined are acctually not as papriatory as the old stuffy classes you find on RPGS (where if you were a mage you could only do spells lmao) Ive been an Avid RPG fan for years and found the best way to make a Roleplaying Character is to allow them to do what they can do.. if their Mage wanted to pick up a sword and learn how to use it then let them do it lmao
Yes and I just explained to you that the only restrictions I give are on using more than one spell system. If you think about it....why have more than one spell system if all people can use any mix they want? Might as well just make new mage spells. My class system doesn't restrict the mixing of (distro) skills.
--------------------------------------------------------
my problem is I dont know enough about C# to acctually code all that, I had no idea how to make it so that people could gain exp from harvesting/crafting lmao
You don't need to. Install my CFTB system. The only other alternative is a class system. But again you have a wacked out idea of what a class system is. You think that it is dictating to your players what they can and can't do. But if you think about it games would not be fun without rules and boundries. It would then not be a game.
--------------------------------------------------------
If I wasnt a moron I would have shown you my moddifed Skillrewardgump for Becaws old system that allowed for acctually Skill gain incress (1 SP converted into 1.0) but when converting to the updated system while I was having troubles I accedently used the backup file and replaced them all with the new stuff you created lmao, I would have to go back and look for the coding used to give players 1.0 to their skill, and after that its making a simple gump for players to chose the skill of their choice...
I left the skill points in this version. I didn't think about carrying them over though. Will make an update soon. Sry forgot about it. And BTW the experience tokens and skill points are enabled when you download the new version. If people don't want those things they have to go in and disable it.

Attention:

MyUpdate.cs
----------------------------------------------------

This script has been updated and now transfers skill points to the new modules. Thanks goes to DamienPenDragon for bringing it to my attention.

nuahs

Wanderer
Help

I installed this level system and well i went buy the read me and did what it said to and i got this help me?

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (2 errors, 0 warnings)
- Error: Scripts\Misc\Bacaw - Easy Level System v[2].0.1\LevelKeeperModule.cs:
CS0246: (line 23, column 35) The type or namespace name 'Module' could not be fo
und (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: (line 147, column 32) The type or namespace name 'Module' could not be f
ound (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

nacrom

Wanderer
Lucid,

here is the debug crash log for crash bug in post 59.

fresh install
installed DAATS OWLTR, ACC, Level System
2 characters were created 1 admin 1 young
young killed mongbat with sword
shard crashed =-(

Code:
Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.573
Time: 5/27/2006 8:31:54 AM
Mobiles: 4
Items: 76
Clients:
- Count: 2
+ Delicious - Young Status Character
+ Nacrom Sable - Admin Character

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.Mobiles.EXPValidate.EXPTest(Mobile m, BaseCreature bc) in d:\Mystical Illusion\Perminate\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Custom\Bacaw - Easy Level System v[2].0.1\EXPTest.cs:line 39
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature.OnDeath(Container c) in d:\Mystical Illusion\Perminate\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Engines\AI\Creature\BaseCreature.cs:line 3988
   at Server.Mobile.Kill()
   at Server.Mobile.Damage(Int32 amount, Mobile from)
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature.Damage(Int32 amount, Mobile from) in d:\Mystical Illusion\Perminate\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Engines\AI\Creature\BaseCreature.cs:line 731
   at Server.AOS.Damage(Mobile m, Mobile from, Int32 damage, Int32 phys, Int32 fire, Int32 cold, Int32 pois, Int32 nrgy, Boolean keepAlive) in d:\Mystical Illusion\Perminate\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Misc\AOS.cs:line 147
   at Server.AOS.Damage(Mobile m, Mobile from, Int32 damage, Int32 phys, Int32 fire, Int32 cold, Int32 pois, Int32 nrgy) in d:\Mystical Illusion\Perminate\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Misc\AOS.cs:line 56
   at Server.Items.BaseWeapon.OnHit(Mobile attacker, Mobile defender) in d:\Mystical Illusion\Perminate\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Items\Weapons\BaseWeapon.cs:line 1205
   at Server.Items.BaseSword.OnHit(Mobile attacker, Mobile defender) in d:\Mystical Illusion\Perminate\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Items\Weapons\Swords\BaseSword.cs:line 45
   at Server.Items.BaseWeapon.OnSwing(Mobile attacker, Mobile defender) in d:\Mystical Illusion\Perminate\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Items\Weapons\BaseWeapon.cs:line 838
   at Server.CombatTimer.OnTick()
   at Server.Timer.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

hope this helps

nuahs

Help
I installed this level system and well i went buy the read me and did what it said to and i got this help me?

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (2 errors, 0 warnings)
CS0246: (line 23, column 35) The type or namespace name 'Module' could not be fo
und (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0246: (line 147, column 32) The type or namespace name 'Module' could not be f
ound (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.
Read post #1 at the bottom.

nacrom

Lucid,

here is the debug crash log for crash bug in post 59.

fresh install
installed DAATS OWLTR, ACC, Level System
2 characters were created 1 admin 1 young
young killed mongbat with sword
shard crashed =-(
Many thanks, nacrom. I had some new players onlast night and didn't get a crash, so yours was very helpful. I seen a few nulls and checks that I prolly should have done. That is the easiest mistake to make :( Here is the new one. Please test it with a young and report back here. Thanks.