RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bacaw's <<Easy Level System>>

Elsa

it was the old one - i didnt see the part "b" at the very end of the Version

so we'll see how this handles :D

**Oh on another note, you might wanna update the 'read me' word file in the package, that tells people to copy and paste that stuff in the char.creation.cs
Oh good I was thinking that it wasn't updated. Glade there wasn't another issue :) Yeah I will go in and make a version update in the near future but I am caught up in soooo many things right now, and I help people with scripts and shards on a constant basis. Thanks.

Code:
#)not sure what's with the tillerbell, but i cant get it to work at all; same with throwpillows
Elsa

The Tillerbell ive been using for a long time.
what it is. for people like me who isnt good at commanding boats.
its like the moblie controller.
you do have to have gold in your paperdoll backpack. or it wont work./
as well as you need a boat. its in the name Tiller
and that is the little comad guy on your boat.
i hope that helps.

Elsa

#)the tokens for exp...
if a shard has Daat99's tokens, they're the same color /and!/ they can be sucked up in the token ledger like regular tokens
That's funny cause it has a totally different name. And I chose that hue randomly.
---------------------------------------------------
#)the emergency log out rune only works if you're in an inn?
You clearly haven't tried it have you? Maybe it is best for you to try it before reporting it. It asks you to MARK the location at your inn of choice. Then from there you can use the rune. The location at is marked is where the player will be located after logging into the game.

If you read the code it would tell you that as well:
Code:
[SIZE=2]if( m_MarkLocation.X == 0 && m_MarkLocation.Y == 0 )
{
if( from.Region.IsInInn( from.Location ) )
{
m_Owner = from;
BlessedFor = from;
m_MarkLocation = from.Location;
m_MarkMap = from.Region.Map;
from.SendMessage( "You have marked your rune, it may not be remarked again." );
}
else
{
from.SendMessage(" You must be in an inn to mark this rune. ");
}
}
[/SIZE]

Elsa

#)the sprinkler doesnt work, the need to be locked down in a house overrides that of being double clicked in the backpack to fill it
What?!? Again you shouldn't be posting a complaint if you haven't even tried it. Here is the code. Tell me where it says it must be in your backpack:
Code:
[SIZE=2]using Server;
using System;
using Server.Mobiles;
using System.Collections;
using Server.Multis;
using Server.Engines.Plants;
using Server.Targeting;
using Server.ContextMenus;
using Server.Gumps;

namespace Server.Items
{
public class Sprinkler : Item, ISecurable
{
private int m_fill;
private SecureLevel m_Level;
[CommandProperty( AccessLevel.GameMaster )]
public SecureLevel Level
{
get{ return m_Level; }
set{ m_Level = value; }
}

[CommandProperty( AccessLevel.GameMaster)]
public int Fill
{
get { return m_fill;}
set { m_fill = value;}
}

[Constructable]
public Sprinkler() : base( 0x14E7 ) 
{
Weight = 1.0;
Name = "a sprinkler";
}

public Sprinkler( Serial serial ) : base( serial )
{
}

public bool CanBeWatered( PlantItem plant )
{
if ( plant.PlantStatus >= PlantStatus.DecorativePlant )
return false;
else
return true;
}

public override void OnDoubleClick( Mobile from )
{
BaseHouse house = BaseHouse.FindHouseAt( from );
if ( house == null )
from.SendLocalizedMessage( 1005525 );//That is not in your house
else if ( this.Movable )
from.SendMessage( "This must be locked down to use!" );
else
{
/*SecureAccessResult access = house.CheckSecureAccess( from, this );
if ( house.HasSecureAccess( from, access ) )*/
if ( this.IsAccessibleTo( from ) )
{
if ( m_fill != 6 )
from.SendMessage( "You must completely fill this before you can use it!" );
else
{
Point3D p = new Point3D( this.Location );
Map map = this.Map;
IPooledEnumerable eable = map.GetItemsInRange( p, 18 );
bool found = false;

foreach ( Item item in eable )
{
if ( house.IsInside( item ) && item is PlantItem && item.IsLockedDown )
{
PlantItem plant = (PlantItem)item;
if ( CanBeWatered( plant ) )
if ( plant.PlantSystem.Water <= 1)
{
plant.PlantSystem.Water++;
found = true;
}
}
}
if ( found )
{
from.SendMessage( "Your dry plants have been watered.");
from.PlaySound( 0x12 );
m_fill = 0;
}
else
from.SendMessage( "You have no plants that need watering!" );
}
}
else 
from.SendMessage( "You may not access this!" );
}
}
[/SIZE]

Say what?

#)the tokens for exp...
if a shard has Daat99's tokens, they're the same color /and!/ they can be sucked up in the token ledger like regular tokens
Ok well let's take a looksie....hum...here is Daat's tokens:
Code:
[SIZE=2][Constructable]
public Daat99Tokens( int amount ) : base( 0xEED )
{
Stackable = true;
Name = "Tokens";
[SIZE=4][B]Hue = 1173;[/B][/SIZE]
Weight = 0;
Amount = amount;
LootType = LootType.Blessed;
}
[/SIZE]
And here is the experience tokens:
Code:
[SIZE=2][Constructable]
public ExpToken( int amount ) : base( 0xEED )
{ 
Name = "Experience Tokens"; 
[SIZE=4][B]Hue = 88;[/B][/SIZE] 
Stackable = true; 
Weight = 0.2;
Amount = amount;
}
[/SIZE]
It looks as though you didn't look very far into this before you posted your complaint.

....And before you go blaming it on the LevelRewardBall we will look at it:
Code:
[SIZE=2]if( ELS.EnableExpTokens )
PlaceItemIn( pack, 35, 25, ( new ExpToken( LK.Rank + 1 ) ) );
[/SIZE]
It clearly states ExpToken.

And please don't make me have to check the token ledger. I have a feeling you will be wasting my time. I told you a few posts back that if you didn't like the way the rewards were set-up then you should change it yourself. You then PM'd me and said that you were having problems adding two items. I could tell that a couple things were gonna need to be edited to get them to work, so I asked you to send me the scripts (or post it). You didn't do that.

Elsa

Wanderer
whoa hold on there...

i log in on the forums and am alittle over whelmed with what seems to be anger...

It looks as though you didn't look very far into this before you posted your complaint.

....And before you go blaming it on the LevelRewardBall we will look at it:

First off, i'm just reporting things i'm testing out, not complaining. Besides even if it were a complaint, which it wasnt, you should be greatful that i took the time to express myself- it lets you know that your product or whatever is important to me and it's worth my time to make a comment on.

i'm trying to /HELP/ with the system because i like it alot --

And again, i wasn't Blaming anyone. I dont know why the reward tokens show up and act the way they do- i havn't had a chance to look at the script yet. it's what came with your package.

as for the items,
well you havn't posted any info on any of them --
-i knew the idea of the tillerbell, but i didnt know you had to have gold in your pack. thanks WonderlandADnc for the help.
-the sprinkler thing, i didnt know there was a 'filling container'
i skimmed thru the script cause i couldnt figure it out and saw:
Code:
public override void OnDoubleClick( Mobile from )
		{
			if ( !IsChildOf( from.Backpack ) )
			    from.SendLocalizedMessage( 1042001 ); // That must be in your pack for you to use it.
			else if ( Quantity > 0 )
			{
				from.SendMessage( "Select the sprinkler you wish to fill" );
				from.Target = new SprinklerTarget( this );
			}
			else
			{
				from.BeginTarget( -1, true, TargetFlags.None, new TargetCallback( Fill_OnTarget ) );
				SendLocalizedMessageTo( from, 500837 ); // Fill from what?
			}

}

didnt know the sprinkler and the sprinklercontainer were different.
you might wanna change some text in there saying you need the sprinkler container to fill it or something like that if you're not gonna have an explaination.

-the rune thing was my fault for not investigating it more, i looked at it's properties and it looked like it just sent you to the internal map, automatically logging you off. otherwise i dont see much difference between that and a normal rune marked in an inn. it was 6am in the morning, not much of an excuse tho, so i appologise.

I told you a few posts back that if you didn't like the way the rewards were set-up then you should change it yourself. You then PM'd me and said that you were having problems adding two items. I could tell that a couple things were gonna need to be edited to get them to work, so I asked you to send me the scripts (or post it). You didn't do that.

I WENT TO BED!
granted i didnt sleep long, you havn't given me any time to get back and catch up on everything. Calm down please. I'm not pointing fingers, i'm /trying/ to lend a hand, sorry if it seems to be cut off at the wrist...

(gonna try to attach the files -- i havnt ever tried to yet)

edit-
(ok it worked, i exchanged the shadowrobe for swordofjupiter because i dont want the shadowrobe)

EDIT 2---

i just looked at the tokens, yea they're different hues, but they're VERY VERY close in color.

and the token ledger can still pick up your exp tokens

thanks

donno if you care tho

Attachments

• ChargerMount.cs
    7.8 KB · Views: 7
  • SwordOfJupiter.cs
    4 KB · Views: 4
Elsa

First off, i'm just reporting things i'm testing out, not complaining. Besides even if it were a complaint, which it wasnt, you should be greatful that i took the time to express myself- it lets you know that your product or whatever is important to me and it's worth my time to make a comment on.
Reporting real issues is not a problem. The problem is everything you posted is crap. It's not really that big of a deal I just ask that you look things over more closely before jumping the gun. Not only that but I end up having to stop a project to test these things and it is a pain (when your are excessively wrong).

you might wanna change some text in there saying you need the sprinkler container to fill it or something like that if you're not gonna have an explaination.
I did not script these rewards they are from the forums. I only scripted the LevelRewardBall.

I took the time to make this system. I could have taken the time to explain every lil detail but then I wouldn't have released it. I would spent too much time explaining in text doc. It is up to you to test it. Most prolly won't even go throught the trouble of explaining to everyone on your shard. I certainly wouldn't have the time for that.

And thanks for the scripts I will get with you as soon as I can.

Elsa

This is how it should be done:
Code:
[COLOR=blue]else if( LK.Rank == 10 && LK.Level == 0)
        *line 91* PlaceItemIn( pack, 25, 250, ( new EtherealChargerMount() ) );[/COLOR]
And try adding the sword like normal and let me know if you get errors, thanks.

Elsa

Wanderer
Lucid Nagual said:
This is how it should be done:
Code:
[COLOR=blue]else if( LK.Rank == 10 && LK.Level == 0)
        *line 91* PlaceItemIn( pack, 25, 250, ( new EtherealChargerMount() ) );[/COLOR]
And try adding the sword like normal and let me know if you get errors, thanks.

that was a no-go; i fixed the charger mount, it wasn't the EtherealChargerMount though.

Code:
 - Error: Scripts\Custom\SYSTEMS\Level System v[1].1.1.1 Customs\Bacaw - Easy Le
vel System v[2].0.1\Reward Items\LevelRewardBall.cs: CS0246: (line 97, column 40
) The type or namespace name 'SwordofJupiter' could not be found (are you missin
g a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Lucid I just wanted to compliment you on your coding work, you've made this code sooo easy to work with :)

I acctually modded it to fit what I was looking for in alot less time then I thought it would... I know its not part of your original version but if your interested in what I was acctually talking about I could send you a copy of my modded SkillPointRewardGump.cs :)

also I was wondering if we could get together maybe you could help me for the coding it would require for the Harvest / Craft part of what Im looking for? :)

DamienPenDragon

Lucid I just wanted to compliment you on your coding work, you've made this code sooo easy to work with :)

I acctually modded it to fit what I was looking for in alot less time then I thought it would... I know its not part of your original version but if your interested in what I was acctually talking about I could send you a copy of my modded SkillPointRewardGump.cs :)

also I was wondering if we could get together maybe you could help me for the coding it would require for the Harvest / Craft part of what Im looking for? :)
NP bud. I try to keep my code simple and make it easy to read. I'm happy that someone noticed :) But I still think a custom skill system would be better for you. Maybe we can steer towards that direction and mimic the Skillpoints in another system. But yeah I can try and help you with your project. Let me know when you need my help. Thanks.

steeldarkness

Sorceror
Added your system and pop goes the weasel as soon as I dbl clicked the stone.

Code:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.Gumps.LevelControlStoneGump..ctor()
   at Server.LevelSystem.LevelControlStone.OnDoubleClick(Mobile from)
   at Server.Mobile.Use(Item item)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.UseReq(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Jeefa

Wanderer
Uhh...?

I just installed this system, did the edits, and I get this error.

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (6 errors, 0 warnings)
 - Error: Scripts\Custom Scipts\Tokens\CharacterCreation.cs: CS0103: (line 37, c
olumn 18) The name 'keeper' does not exist in the class or namespace 'Server.Mis
c.CharacterCreation'
 - Error: Scripts\Custom Scipts\Tokens\CharacterCreation.cs: CS0246: (line 38, c
olumn 18) The type or namespace name 'keeper' could not be found (are you missin
 - Error: Scripts\Custom Scipts\Tokens\CharacterCreation.cs: CS0246: (line 39, c
olumn 18) The type or namespace name 'keeper' could not be found (are you missin
 - Error: Scripts\Custom Scipts\Tokens\CharacterCreation.cs: CS0103: (line 40, c
olumn 28) The name 'keeper' does not exist in the class or namespace 'Server.Mis
c.CharacterCreation'
 - Error: Scripts\Custom Scipts\Tokens\CharacterCreation.cs: CS0117: (line 43, c
olumn 52) 'Server.LevelSystem.LevelControlStone' does not contain a definition f
or 'EnableStone'
 - Error: Scripts\Custom Scipts\Tokens\CharacterCreation.cs: CS0103: (line 44, c
olumn 61) The name 'keeper' does not exist in the class or namespace 'Server.Mis
c.CharacterCreation'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

I tryed to fix it, but with my limited knowledge, I could not get it to work. Could someone help?

Jeefa

Wanderer
Okay, when I do the stone, my server crashes, or whenever I kill a mobile, my server crashes. I've read over all of the other people's posts who have the same problem, but yet when I follow those instructions, I get errors (ex. MyUpdate.cs) Could I get the directions on how to fix the crash? Thanks.

BTW, great system Lucid.

Sorry for double-post.

Jeefa

Okay, when I do the stone, my server crashes, or whenever I kill a mobile, my server crashes. I've read over all of the other people's posts who have the same problem, but yet when I follow those instructions, I get errors (ex. MyUpdate.cs) Could I get the directions on how to fix the crash? Thanks.

BTW, great system Lucid.

Sorry for double-post.
Delete the Control Stone. And don't use Update they are all obsolete. If you had an existing system you should use the MyUpdate command, if not...then just drop in the scripts and edit the BaseCreature.

Jeefa

Delete the ControlStone.cs or the Control Stone in-game?
In game that is only in the package cause of the old users. And they would get a ton of errors without it. Next release I will take it out.