RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bacaw's <<Easy Level System>>

nacrom

Wanderer
compliing error after adding the new EXPTest.cs

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (2 errors, 0 warnings)
 - Error: Scripts\Custom\Lucid's Systems\Bacaw - Easy Level System v[2].0.1\EXPT
est.cs: CS1023: (line 39, column 5) Embedded statement cannot be a declaration o
r labeled statement
 - Error: Scripts\Custom\Lucid's Systems\Bacaw - Easy Level System v[2].0.1\EXPT
est.cs: CS1023: (line 41, column 5) Embedded statement cannot be a declaration o
r labeled statement
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

nacrom

compliing error after adding the new EXPTest.cs

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (2 errors, 0 warnings) - Error: Scripts\Custom\Lucid's Systems\Bacaw - Easy Level System v[2].0.1\EXPTest.cs: CS1023: (line 39, column 5) Embedded statement cannot be a declaration or labeled statement - Error: Scripts\Custom\Lucid's Systems\Bacaw - Easy Level System v[2].0.1\EXPTest.cs: CS1023: (line 41, column 5) Embedded statement cannot be a declaration or labeled statementScripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found. - Press return to exit, or R to try again.​
Sry I'm in the middle of making a BODModule and couldn't compile it. Here is the new one.

Attachments

• EXPTest.cs
    3 KB · Views: 7

nacrom

Wanderer
::thinks the level system does not like his shard =-( ::

same senerio

young player vs mongbat with sword

Code:
Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.573
Time: 5/27/2006 9:55:08 AM
Mobiles: 4
Items: 76
Clients:
- Count: 2
+ Delicious -Young Status Player
+ Nacrom Sable - Admin

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.Mobiles.EXPValidate.EXPTest(Mobile m, BaseCreature bc) in d:\Mystical Illusion\Perminate\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Custom\Lucid's Systems\Bacaw - Easy Level System v[2].0.1\EXPTest.cs:line 45
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature.OnDeath(Container c) in d:\Mystical Illusion\Perminate\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Engines\AI\Creature\BaseCreature.cs:line 3988
   at Server.Mobile.Kill()
   at Server.Mobile.Damage(Int32 amount, Mobile from)
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature.Damage(Int32 amount, Mobile from) in d:\Mystical Illusion\Perminate\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Engines\AI\Creature\BaseCreature.cs:line 731
   at Server.AOS.Damage(Mobile m, Mobile from, Int32 damage, Int32 phys, Int32 fire, Int32 cold, Int32 pois, Int32 nrgy, Boolean keepAlive) in d:\Mystical Illusion\Perminate\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Misc\AOS.cs:line 147
   at Server.AOS.Damage(Mobile m, Mobile from, Int32 damage, Int32 phys, Int32 fire, Int32 cold, Int32 pois, Int32 nrgy) in d:\Mystical Illusion\Perminate\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Misc\AOS.cs:line 56
   at Server.Items.BaseWeapon.OnHit(Mobile attacker, Mobile defender) in d:\Mystical Illusion\Perminate\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Items\Weapons\BaseWeapon.cs:line 1205
   at Server.Items.BaseSword.OnHit(Mobile attacker, Mobile defender) in d:\Mystical Illusion\Perminate\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Items\Weapons\Swords\BaseSword.cs:line 45
   at Server.Items.BaseWeapon.OnSwing(Mobile attacker, Mobile defender) in d:\Mystical Illusion\Perminate\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Items\Weapons\BaseWeapon.cs:line 838
   at Server.CombatTimer.OnTick()
   at Server.Timer.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

nacrom

::thinks the level system does not like his shard =-( ::

same senerio

young player vs mongbat with sword
I'm starting to hate that mongbat. I think I will sign on there myself and kill him lol. No biggie I found the real issue and prevented some others. Here is the lastest ExpTest........

nacrom

Wanderer
The Mongbat is finally dead with no shard crashes!!!!!!!!

LOL

also killed like 15 other mobiles. and no crashes.

thanks Lucid

^.^

nacrom

The Mongbat is finally dead with no shard crashes!!!!!!!!

LOL

also killed like 15 other mobiles. and no crashes.

thanks Lucid
KILL'EM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Channel my anger through your sword!

Ha ha. Cool I'm glade that stupid crash is gone. Thanks for your help. ++Karma

Elsa

Wanderer
mmmm

the MyUpdate.cs link doesnt work... looks like i get the link's source page, where it shows all the html on the page, but that's it =\ no download

Elsa

the MyUpdate.cs link doesnt work... looks like i get the link's source page, where it shows all the html on the page, but that's it =\ no download
It is in Post #2. I tried it and it works.

Elsa

Wanderer
Lucid Nagual said:
It is in Post #2. I tried it and it works.

i just wiped the old system and started over w/ the new :}

works fine, except i added the level reward ball and dble clicked it as admin and shard crashed =C

so i figure it was prolly cause i didnt try killing anything yet; i logged back in (i typed [level and it said to "try again") so i tried to kill a lizardman and i crashed again! ... not exactly sure what's up,
(and as far as putting it in debug mode, i've tried before w/ becaws help and it didnt work, from what i remember...)

gonna keep trying to figure it out...

---------
edit
ok well i logged back in and tried to kill a mongbat and i didnt crash... i donno what happened the first time, but all /SEEMS/ to be welll.... now as for that level ball thingy... let's try again...
---------
edit (again)

i think the reason it crashed was because i hadnt tried killing anything before i added and used the level ball. as for the crash when i killed the lizard man, i donno what that was from, it didnt do it again afterwards.

I did notice something w/ the level balls though, they give the Welcome Skill ball, the exp token, and a gold check for 0 gp
might wanna fix the gold check :} (Yay! i got to help w/ something)
*savors the moment*

Oh and also! i'm sure people new to the system would like more info on the rewards and such or a link to something you've already described--- and an explaination of how things work

Elsa

i just wiped the old system and started over w/ the new :}

works fine, except i added the level reward ball and dble clicked it as admin and shard crashed =C

so i figure it was prolly cause i didnt try killing anything yet; i logged back in (i typed [level and it said to "try again") so i tried to kill a lizardman and i crashed again! ... not exactly sure what's up,
(and as far as putting it in debug mode, i've tried before w/ becaws help and it didnt work, from what i remember...)

gonna keep trying to figure it out
Do it anyway. That will tell me what line it is coming from and save me a lot of trouble, thanks. It will be a big help.

Elsa

Wanderer
Found another

Code:
	m.StatCap += 1;
							[COLOR="darkorange"]m.Skills.Cap += 10;[/COLOR]
							LevelRewardBall l_ball = new LevelRewardBall();
							m.AddToBackpack( l_ball );
							m.SendMessage( "Congrats! You have climbed in rank. Your level will be reset to zero." );
							m.SendMessage( "Your stat cap has increased by 1 point." );
							m.SendMessage( [COLOR="DarkOrange"]"Your skill cap has increased by 10 points."[/COLOR] );

Actually their skill cap would only increase by 1.0 you'd need to change m.Skills.Cap += 10; to 100 for 10.0 skill cap increase

-forgive me if i'm wrong, but i'm sure it's accurate.

Elsa

Actually their skill cap would only increase by 1.0 you'd need to change m.Skills.Cap += 10; to 100 for 10.0 skill cap increase

-forgive me if i'm wrong, but i'm sure it's accurate.
Yes your right. I will change it. Thank you.

Attachments

• LevelBar.cs
    3.7 KB · Views: 9
Hi there again,. iv just done this. something else ive been working on.

its called Easy Level Pack that adds a bag and the commands in stones. the stones that work just for staff. will disapear.
to add this in a new players back pack use Fig1
to add this to your new players bank box use Fig2

Code:
Fig1 
add

PackItem( new EasyLevelPackRare() );

Ctrl+G line 30

Code:
Fig2
add

newChar.BankBox.DropItem( EasyLevelPackRare );

Ctrl+G line 655

as well with this i hope you like it and find it usefull. if not. i had fun making the two posts. as im leaning as well.
Thanks agin. for taking this on and updateing it. as it made me want to use it on my server and not just my test server. as i didnt know if it would be updated. so for that it made me do these things. thanks again.

View attachment 7376

http://www.runuo.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7376&stc=1&d=1148786249

Attachments

• EasyLevelPack.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 4
WonderlandADnc

hi there. ive been working on this all day, i no its not much and others could and can do better. but if you want to use it thats fine;
ive added creatds and thanks to in the scirpt.

all it is, is a leveltoolbar. a player or staff can just do [levelbar and it will open a toolbar. with the commands that players and staff can use. with this system.

thanks for your time

as well with this i hope you like it and find it usefull. if not. i had fun making the two posts. as im leaning as well.
Thanks agin. for taking this on and updateing it. as it made me want to use it on my server and not just my test server. as i didnt know if it would be updated. so for that it made me do these things. thanks again.
Excellent, thanks Wonderland.

Elsa

Wanderer
Ideas

Here's afew ideas to help improve :D

#) a page w/ all online players' stats (level, age, rank, etc -- maybe guild name, karma/fame, and so on) that all players can access thru a command or something.

#) some of the pages under [level dont have the [back] button
* the second page under [spend exp tokens]/[decorative items]
* the [spend skill points] -- and it also unarms you when you right click on that menu -- how come?

#) also, just on a personal note, i plan on revising the [READ!!!] dialog under the [spend skill points] section for clearity purposes (i got confused the first time i tried to read it, before i understood the system) and making the gump wider; just another idea

#) perhaps titles per rank:
<1 (none)
>1 Neophyte [name]
>2 Novice
>3 Apprentice
>4 Journeyman
>5 Expert
>6 Adept
>7 Master
>10 Grand Master (*please note the jump in rank from 7 to 10)
>15 Elder
>20 Legendary

ex) Character's name on hover: Lady Valsharess (Legendary)
ex) Character's name in Paper Doll: The Glorious Lady Valsharess (Legendary)

-- it's by default with a title that in the paper doll it doesnt present the typical "grand master ranger" or "legendary alchemist" [it works to our advantage so it doesnt sound long and crappy--- lol! -- could you imagine: "The Glorioius Lady Valsharess, Legendary Alchemist (Legendary)" --- that's a huge title]

#) also an explanation on the forums here as to what everything does and how it works... i still gotta go thru and check out all the new rewards :D

++ if i think of anything else, i'll throw something here again

what other ideas do you already have for improvement??

Elsa

Here's afew ideas to help improve :D

#) a page w/ all online players' stats (level, age, rank, etc -- maybe guild name, karma/fame, and so on) that all players can access thru a command or something.

#) some of the pages under [level dont have the [back] button
* the second page under [spend exp tokens]/[decorative items]
* the [spend skill points] -- and it also unarms you when you right click on that menu -- how come?

#) also, just on a personal note, i plan on revising the [READ!!!] dialog under the [spend skill points] section for clearity purposes (i got confused the first time i tried to read it, before i understood the system) and making the gump wider; just another idea

#) perhaps titles per rank:
<1 (none)
>1 Neophyte [name]
>2 Novice
>3 Apprentice
>4 Journeyman
>5 Expert
>6 Adept
>7 Master
>10 Grand Master (*please note the jump in rank from 7 to 10)
>15 Elder
>20 Legendary

ex) Character's name on hover: Lady Valsharess (Legendary)
ex) Character's name in Paper Doll: The Glorious Lady Valsharess (Legendary)

-- it's by default with a title that in the paper doll it doesnt present the typical "grand master ranger" or "legendary alchemist" [it works to our advantage so it doesnt sound long and crappy--- lol! -- could you imagine: "The Glorioius Lady Valsharess, Legendary Alchemist (Legendary)" --- that's a huge title]

#) also an explanation on the forums here as to what everything does and how it works... i still gotta go thru and check out all the new rewards :D

++ if i think of anything else, i'll throw something here again

what other ideas do you already have for improvement??
The funny thing is....I added the enum and decided against using it. So it doesn't even work. It is best to use a number for the rank so it can be infinite. Silly u.

...the page for stats. I have been working on one but haven't finished it. I have been busy working on some new systems.

....page back button. I noticed this and it bothers me too, but I haven't got around to it. Not the most important thing. the gumps were designed by Bacaw. I MODed them to fit the new info but mainly recoded the ExpTest and made the module.

....spend skills gump. Again I didn't design that. Not so important. Maybe a future release will have a better one.

...and explaination of how things work. Well that will have to wait til I have more time. I don't know when that will be, but if you use my systems often you will notice that I go back and add those things in over time. If I was anal I could have kept this system to myself untile I had all of that done, but I'm not.

...and the rewards. If you have any issues with the way the rewards are set-up I really don't want to hear about it. Basically you will have to go in and MOD it. Everyone has their proferences and it is IMPOSSIBLE to make everyone happy, but the script that I use is there as a template for you.

...Add Name Properties. I have recently redone the name properties in the PlayerMobile and it worked very well. You can look at that post to get an idea of how it should be set-up. When ever I decide to take a break from my other scripts I will add that too.

Elsa

Wanderer
Ook ...

every new player that logs on that kills something crashes the shard...
i think you're missing an exception or something somewhere =X

(i'm very sure this is DEBUG Mode)

Code:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[COLOR="SandyBrown"]   at Server.Mobiles.EXPValidate.EXPTest(Mobile m, BaseCreature bc) in c:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Ultima Online Gold\RunUO-1.0.0\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Custom\SYSTEMS\Level System v[1].1.1.1 Customs\Bacaw - Easy Level System v[2].0.1\EXPTest.cs:line 39[/COLOR]
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature.OnDeath(Container c) in c:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Ultima Online Gold\RunUO-1.0.0\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Engines\AI\Creature\BaseCreature.cs:line 4897
   at Server.Mobile.Kill()
   at Server.Mobile.Damage(Int32 amount, Mobile from)
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature.Damage(Int32 amount, Mobile from) in c:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Ultima Online Gold\RunUO-1.0.0\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Engines\AI\Creature\BaseCreature.cs:line 1089
   at Server.AOS.Damage(Mobile m, Mobile from, Int32 damage, Int32 phys, Int32 fire, Int32 cold, Int32 pois, Int32 nrgy, Boolean keepAlive) in c:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Ultima Online Gold\RunUO-1.0.0\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Misc\AOS.cs:line 147
   at Server.AOS.Damage(Mobile m, Mobile from, Int32 damage, Int32 phys, Int32 fire, Int32 cold, Int32 pois, Int32 nrgy) in c:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Ultima Online Gold\RunUO-1.0.0\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Misc\AOS.cs:line 56
   at Server.Items.BaseWeapon.OnHit(Mobile attacker, Mobile defender) in c:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Ultima Online Gold\RunUO-1.0.0\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Items\Weapons\BaseWeapon.cs:line 1219
   at Server.Items.BaseKnife.OnHit(Mobile attacker, Mobile defender) in c:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Ultima Online Gold\RunUO-1.0.0\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Items\Weapons\Knives\BaseKnife.cs:line 48
   at Server.Items.BaseWeapon.OnSwing(Mobile attacker, Mobile defender) in c:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Ultima Online Gold\RunUO-1.0.0\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Items\Weapons\BaseWeapon.cs:line 838
   at Server.CombatTimer.OnTick()
   at Server.Timer.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

i remember someone else having the same problem w/ a mongbat so i'll go back and re-read to see if it's the same as my problem...

Elsa

every new player that logs on that kills something crashes the shard...
i think you're missing an exception or something somewhere =X

(i'm very sure this is DEBUG Mode)

i remember someone else having the same problem w/ a mongbat so i'll go back and re-read to see if it's the same as my problem...
Please update the script package. There was mention of it and I fixed it.

Might also help if you post your ExpTest so that I can varify that it is current or old.

Elsa

Wanderer
Lucid Nagual said:
Please update the script package. There was mention of it and I fixed it.

Might also help if you post your ExpTest so that I can varify that it is current or old.

it was the old one - i didnt see the part "b" at the very end of the Version

so we'll see how this handles :D

**Oh on another note, you might wanna update the 'read me' word file in the package, that tells people to copy and paste that stuff in the char.creation.cs

:)

EDIT::

something else i found--

#)the tokens for exp...
if a shard has Daat99's tokens, they're the same color /and!/ they can be sucked up in the token ledger like regular tokens

#)the sprinkler doesnt work, the need to be locked down in a house overrides that of being double clicked in the backpack to fill it

#)the emergency log out rune only works if you're in an inn?

#)not sure what's with the tillerbell, but i cant get it to work at all; same with throwpillows