RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bleach ranting -Spoilers-

bzk90

Lord
nothing fancy about it

society = group
refinement = polish (in this case it means to spread the popularity of)
poly= many
varietal = not sure on this but I'm guessing variety as in many types
entertainment = self explanatory

Malaperth

Wanderer
Well, I'm sure as hell dumb. I had no bloody idea what SRPE is/was, and if TMSTKSBK is serious in that 'summary', I am very frightened for the world...

Radwen

Wanderer
Read white text.

Lol, sorry I don't think I have the time or the interest to make/join social activities like this.

I got my own agenda to stick to. Important things to be done. I don't participate on this forum because I have time to waste. I do it to relax a little everyday and at the same time I learn a lot. A lot of people a smart and I can learn lots from them.

Thats about it. I watch anime not for entertainement, more for self-discovery and philosophical reasons in general. Theres some anime that I like less, like Vampire Hunter D, but I try to make the most of it.

bzk90

Lord
A lot can be learned from anime/manga...if more people watched anime instead of family guy or hunger force society would be better off.

Radwen

Wanderer
No because people would watch anime the same way as they watch family guy ...
They'd watch for entertainement and thats all what they would get.

Not everybody is interested(some just can't) in developping their minds. Sad world.

bzk90

Lord
I suppose you are right, they are the kind people who will watch Lord of War or V for Vendetta and think, "wow that was an awesome action flick...dude".

Malaperth

Wanderer
Ahhh, sorry, I don't bother to check each post for hidden stuff... Too old and impatient to play those kind of games...

And, if you watch Anime for "self-discovery and philosophical reasons", I think you should talk to someone about your psychosis... I'll give you a perfect example... I know a teenager that when somewhere around 8 years old, watched Jaws and thought it was funny as hell. Watched a really lame anime (wish I could remember the name... I really have watched a bunch of anime and liked it when I could get past the Japanese fetish for showing young 'cartoon' women with huge breasts showing panties... just don't understand that...) and he had nightmares for years.

Nothing wrong with anime at all, but if you expect revelations from it, I would suggest counseling as I would if someone expected to learn major life lessons from "Fast Times At Ridgemont High", although that has more basis in life than many anime's no matter how revealing the anime creator tried to be...

Cowboy Bebop is one that tried to have one hell of a message, but the more tv/media tries to be our teachers, the more 'reality' we lose as we are not dealing with other people, which, sooner or later, we must do, as painful as it is.

bzk90

Lord
obviously you won't learn lessons from watching anime like that. I hate when people think all anime is about lewdly dressed women.

Go watch Shinseiki Evangelion or Hagane no Renkinjutsusushi and tell me nothing can be learned from anime.

Radwen

Wanderer
Ah but one has to be selective and must think for himself.

I do not watch anime as a way of life, its just an activity annexed to my lifestyle to broaden my perspective. I do not rely solely on it, far from it.

It is but a tool among others in the shed.

Malaperth

Wanderer
I didn't say that nothing could be learned from anime. Much can be learned from Bugs Bunny if you look at it in the right way. I guess my point is that much of the anime has to be weeded through before you find a Kurosawa so that making a statement like that about 'anime' in general is like saying "I look at the pictures in Playboy to further my anatomy research."

bzk90

Lord
I suppose it only reinforces Radwen's statement.
Not everybody is interested(some just can't) in developping their minds. Sad world.
Only those who have the desire to learn will learn.

Malaperth

Wanderer
I guess being an old, crusty, fart makes it hard for me to fathom turning to anime for life lessons... It had to be literally thousands of episodes before one found a life lesson unless you were very lucky in finding certain anime series to start with.

Malaperth

Wanderer
are you referring to the Fox Network or Fox News Network? Either way, that's lame. People complain that the Mainstream Media is left-leaning. People complain that the Fox News Network is right-leaning. In my experience, refusing to watch one or the other simply means you can't think for yourself.

Many people hate O'Reilly. I watch him all the time. Sometimes I agree with him, and others I think he's completely full of shit. Either way, he makes me think and want to find out more about what's going on in our world.

My problem is that I can't figure out who's telling the truth, and how would one know it if it bit them in the ass these days.