RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bono on Christianity

David

Moderate
bzk90 said:
So it is highly probable that I will undergo a great amount of change between now and 2 years from now?
Between 16 and 18? uuhh, yeah.
I'd say at least as as much as you went through between 14.179 and 16. I think the late teens are a period of greater change than any other time, mentally and socially speaking.

David

Moderate
Anti-Basic said:
I've never been banned:( David, can you ban me, so I can be an "official" ass.
Since it's you... sure buddy, be glad too... :D

*shows concern at the "Account Terminated" status*

David

Moderate
Note: Joeku and Anti-Basic were temporarly banned for reasons outside of this thread. I did ban AB for a day with the intention of lifting it this morning as a joke. What I don't want is the impression that the joke was carried too far.

WarAngel

Wanderer
David said:
It brings to mind on of the little stories that one of the speakers at the event I was at mentioned. Supposedly true, but I am a little hazy on the details. An individual built a brewery in a small town, the members of the local church did not want it there and campaigned against it without success. After a period of time the brewery was hit by lightning and burned to the ground. The owner of the brewery, a proclaimed atheist sued the church. The church of course, denied involvement. The judge's statement remarked that here was a case of an atheist arguing he was a victim of a God whom he did not believe existed; and a church denying the power of the very God they worship!

Wow. That's an extremely interesting story. I'll have to tell that to one of my old religion teachers who I'm still in contact with. He likes stories like that, and I'm sure he'll throw it in his class.

Manu

Knight
David said:
It brings to mind on of the little stories that one of the speakers at the event I was at mentioned. Supposedly true, but I am a little hazy on the details. An individual built a brewery in a small town, the members of the local church did not want it there and campaigned against it without success. After a period of time the brewery was hit by lightning and burned to the ground. The owner of the brewery, a proclaimed atheist sued the church. The church of course, denied involvement. The judge's statement remarked that here was a case of an atheist arguing he was a victim of a God whom he did not believe existed; and a church denying the power of the very God they worship!

ROFLMAO

Thanks a lot, I couldnt stop laughing for like 20 minutes here ;) Made my day!

WarAngel

Wanderer
A lot of people agree that it isn't a book to be taken completely literally. However, the messages and stories of the Bible are meant to lay a moral foundation for those who can find meaning among them.