RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resource icon

[2.x] BoxerChat 1.5

No permission to download

Bittiez

Sorceror
Sorry to flood you with bug reports today, but evidently the chat box only opens for one user, myself (the chat log itself opens for everyone just fine). Users are still able to utilize commands to chat, but nothing more. It's not an access level issue, so we can rule that out.
Is there anyway you can send me your shard connection info so we can try to replicate this and I can get a better idea of whats going on?

foxtrot7

Sorceror
Failed to compile
Warnings:
+ Customs/BoxerChat/ChatBox.cs:
CS0108: Line 13: `Server.Gumps.ChatBox.X' hides inherited member `Server.Gumps.Gump.X'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended
CS0108: Line 13: `Server.Gumps.ChatBox.Y' hides inherited member `Server.Gumps.Gump.Y'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended

Bittiez

Sorceror
Failed to compile
Warnings:
+ Customs/BoxerChat/ChatBox.cs:
CS0108: Line 13: `Server.Gumps.ChatBox.X' hides inherited member `Server.Gumps.Gump.X'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended
CS0108: Line 13: `Server.Gumps.ChatBox.Y' hides inherited member `Server.Gumps.Gump.Y'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended
Warnings don't stop it from compiling, it will still compile just fine

diegobh

Sorceror
The gumps closes after u die...
Could u fix it, please?

I see only World Chat (im not in a guild), but where is the normal chat? Only near people can see it. xD

Its a very nice script, thank you!!!

Bittiez

Sorceror
The gumps closes after u die...
Could u fix it, please?

I see only World Chat (im not in a guild), but where is the normal chat? Only near people can see it. xD

Its a very nice script, thank you!!!
Ill fix the on death thing, and the local chat might be a good addition, ill look into it :)

Bittiez

Sorceror
You will have to make a few edits for the gump on death thing, I added instructions to the overview of this resource.

nikkor1132

Sorceror
I just wanted to say a idea i had if this could work with knives Chat System so they work together i think it would be awesome!

But like i said just a idea i thought about playing with both the systems and seeing if i can get them to work with one another just as long as you don't mind of course.

Bittiez

Sorceror
You can mess with it all you want, I have no plans to try to integrate Knives chat, I see no reason to make two completely independent chat systems work together though, good luck to you though

nikkor1132

Sorceror
I know what you mean i just wanna keep the pm system from knives chat but use the boxxer chat for global talking.
Just a idea i had.

Bittiez

Sorceror
Maybe ill see if I can come up with a pm system for my next script, it will probably be a separate resource though

nikkor1132

Sorceror
Ok i really like the idea here for the boxxer chat but i don't wanna get ride of the pm system to many of my players use it is my whole point of putting together the scripts.

Just to make one system that was my idea lol maybe i should have been more precise on what i was talking about.
But that would be awesome if you could i really like the way this system is just don't wanna have to get ride of the pm system is all haha.

diegobh

Sorceror
You will have to make a few edits for the gump on death thing, I added instructions to the overview of this resource.
Thank you!

Ive tried put 2 times. The first runuo crashes and dont compile, the second it compiled but don't work. I put the command here:
Mobiles/PlayerMobile.cs
Code:
        public override void OnDeath( Container c )
        {
            Bittiez.BoxerChat.Chat.SendGump((int)Bittiez.BoxerChat.CHAN.WORLD, this); // BOXERCHAT CUSTOM

if (m_NonAutoreinsuredItems > 0)
            {
                SendLocalizedMessage(1061115);
            }

base.OnDeath(c);

Could u tell me the exact text of the line that i have to put the command below, please?

R u accepting suggestion for scripts? Ive a very nice PM System model from an old shard that I was playing ;)

Thank you!!!

Bittiez

Sorceror
Thank you!

Ive tried put 2 times. The first runuo crashes and dont compile, the second it compiled but don't work. I put the command here:
Mobiles/PlayerMobile.cs
Code:
        public override void OnDeath( Container c )
        {
            Bittiez.BoxerChat.Chat.SendGump((int)Bittiez.BoxerChat.CHAN.WORLD, this); // BOXERCHAT CUSTOM

if (m_NonAutoreinsuredItems > 0)
            {
                SendLocalizedMessage(1061115);
            }

base.OnDeath(c);

Could u tell me the exact text of the line that i have to put the command below, please?

R u accepting suggestion for scripts? Ive a very nice PM System model from an old shard that I was playing ;)

Thank you!!!
What was the errors for the crash?
I have the wrong line number, re check the overview line numbers

Talow

Sorceror
There is an override you can put into the script for ondeath or something don't remember it off the top of my head, then you can use a timer/delay of a few moments and then send the gump.

Bittiez

Sorceror
There is an override you can put into the script for ondeath or something don't remember it off the top of my head, then you can use a timer/delay of a few moments and then send the gump.
I would hope your right, however when I tried this before I couldn't find anything related to on death for RunUO(ServUO has this event though)