RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resource icon

[2.x] BoxerChat 1.5

No permission to download

Talow

Sorceror
Code:
 public static void Initialize()
        {
            EventSink.PlayerDeath += new PlayerDeathEventHandler(EventSink_Death);
        }

private static void EventSink_Death(PlayerDeathEventArgs e)
        {
            PlayerMobile owner = e.Mobile as PlayerMobile;
//todo here
}

Bittiez

Sorceror
Code:
 public static void Initialize()
        {
            EventSink.PlayerDeath += new PlayerDeathEventHandler(EventSink_Death);
        }

private static void EventSink_Death(PlayerDeathEventArgs e)
        {
            PlayerMobile owner = e.Mobile as PlayerMobile;
//todo here
}
Yeah I just found this also, thanks :)

nikkor1132

Sorceror
Just a idea a few of my players asked about the chat box's being re-sizable so it would fit better on there screens so they can make them smaller when not using but make bigger when they wanna use.

Just a idea i wanted to run by you.

Btw i did run into the players can not use [c or any of the other commands to talk they have to type it in the box and click send or there message just says it out loud as if they were talking to another player right beside them.

Bittiez

Sorceror
Just a idea a few of my players asked about the chat box's being re-sizable so it would fit better on there screens so they can make them smaller when not using but make bigger when they wanna use.

Just a idea i wanted to run by you.

Btw i did run into the players can not use [c or any of the other commands to talk they have to type it in the box and click send or there message just says it out loud as if they were talking to another player right beside them.
Make sure you have the correct prefixes set in the settings, and make sure Knives Chat isn't interfering with this(Knives uses [c). Make sure in the prefixes settings not to include the [, it is done automatically.

And ill try to get to make a minimize option for the gump.

nikkor1132

Sorceror
Yea i have knives taken out been gone for a few days now but i will play around with it and its not just [c they cant use they can not use any of them they have to use the box and type what they want then hit send.

Staff can use [c to talk and all the other commands but players can not use any is my problem.

I even added a few new ones and tested them out but nuthen still but i will keep messing with it and see if i cant get it working.

Thanks for the update it was just a idea a few of my players said to me so i thought hay why not say something about it lol.

MrNice

Squire
A suggestion though, Ive never delt with chat features before but how dificult would it be so when a player clicks inside the chat box it auto removes the "type here" the most common thing I see in the chat box is Players Name : type here

nikkor1132

Sorceror
Did you edit ANY part of the system? I am having no troubles.

Nope only thing i played with is the settings but did not add any thing to them or remove any thing just tried diff commands sisnce it did not seem to wanna work but i been playing with it seeing what all i cant do to get it to work.

nikkor1132

Sorceror
A suggestion though, Ive never delt with chat features before but how dificult would it be so when a player clicks inside the chat box it auto removes the "type here" the most common thing I see in the chat box is Players Name : type here

that's a good idea cuz that's what i been seeing from my players Lol

I been working on removing it my self if i get a fix b4 Bittiez i will post what i did.
But i wont be working on it till i get off work later in the day.

Talow

Sorceror
that's going to be in the gump inside of a textentry (i think that's what they call it) it will have "Type here" in the code.

Bittiez

Sorceror
Nope only thing i played with is the settings but did not add any thing to them or remove any thing just tried diff commands sisnce it did not seem to wanna work but i been playing with it seeing what all i cant do to get it to work.
The only thing that would stop it from working other than another script would be these settings:
C#:
        public static bool Enable_World_Tab = true; //Enable the world tab?
        public static bool Enable_Guild_Tab = true; //Enable the guild tab?
        public static bool Enable_Staff_Tab = true; //Enable the staff tab?

Sadly, the way gumps are limited in uo, this isn't possible, but you can remove it by changing line 15 in ChatBox.cs:
C#:
        public ChatBox(Mobile from, int Page, int x, int y) : this(from, Page, x, y, "Type here") { }

Just change "Type here" to "".

nikkor1132

Sorceror
ROFL i found out what i did wrong haha my bad Bittiez. :(

i forgot to turn back on the world and so on cuz i was looking to add onto the chat system and had them temp shut off lol i don't think some times sorry man.

Evanonian

Sorceror
I love your chat, few suggestions, possibly make a "Marketplace" tab to separate word chat from Trade/Sales. Also I don't know how easy it would be but I think it would be cool if you integrated your ArrowPM with this so you can click players names in the box and send them a pm. :D keep up the good work. :)

Bittiez

Sorceror
If I remember and get time, ill worko n the marketplace tab, however(sadly) with how limited gumps are in uo, I won't be able to make the names clickable =/

Talow

Sorceror
A wonderful little cheat for that is to put something that is the width and right high for your button down, the use a background, and put the text over the background and buttons. It's one I've used for a bit now.

Bittiez

Sorceror
A wonderful little cheat for that is to put something that is the width and right high for your button down, the use a background, and put the text over the background and buttons. It's one I've used for a bit now.
Thanks for the advice, however this isn't a cheat, its exactly how i create all my buttons. The problem is that the text area isn't made up of buttons and labels, its just an html field