RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resource icon

[2.x] BoxerChat 1.5

No permission to download

UOF

Traveler
Any chance you'll be adding a who's online list, if people just type [c (with no text), or a [who command for players perhaps?

Great addon!

Bittiez

Sorceror
Any chance you'll be adding a who's online list, if people just type [c (with no text), or a [who command for players perhaps?

Great addon!
Well, I made the online list, however RunUO isn't letting me upload the resource file =/ Ever since the BackUp I can't seem to upload the file =/

Evanonian

Sorceror
Hello, I like the update you just posted but I have a few issues. Players can see staff on the "Online List" and everyone name shows up as the "Staff Purple" also is there a way we can make it so the "online list" has its own command like [whoonline because if you type [c to bring chat back up, it's kind of annoying. Keep up the great work.

Bittiez

Sorceror
Well thats annoying... All of those "updates" were supposedly failed attempts to update, I didn't even know it uploaded successfully O_O.

Everyone shows up as purple because as stated it's just a very simple online list right now, ill be updating more on it later.

UOF

Traveler
Ah forgot to ask, by default, players on my shard don't have permission/access to use [c, from memory I had to change the access level for the...world group I think, to Player, from Game master?
Otherwise they had to click the box and type in it.

Bittiez

Sorceror
H
Ah forgot to ask, by default, players on my shard don't have permission/access to use [c, from memory I had to change the access level for the...world group I think, to Player, from Game master?
Otherwise they had to click the box and type in it.
Holy cow, didn't even notice till now, but the default access level was >= gamemaster, my bad. I'm surprised you're the first to mention this O_O. Ill have it fixed in the next release(Probably in the next hour or so).

fcondon

Sorceror
H
Holy cow, didn't even notice till now, but the default access level was >= gamemaster, my bad. I'm surprised you're the first to mention this O_O. Ill have it fixed in the next release(Probably in the next hour or so).

The down side of testing on a private closed server. lol

Evanonian

Sorceror
Just letting you, the online list default '[online' command was set to staff access not player. Also when I change this code to false.

Code:
public static bool ONLINE_LIST_NO_TEXT = false;

Players can't open chat at all, and I don't know how to fix it. Other than that I'm loving your system a LOT, keep it up. :)

Bittiez

Sorceror
Just letting you, the online list default '[online' command was set to staff access not player. Also when I change this code to false.

Code:
public static bool ONLINE_LIST_NO_TEXT = false;

Players can't open chat at all, and I don't know how to fix it. Other than that I'm loving your system a LOT, keep it up. :)
Thanks for the online command prefixes access level info, however the setting that you are changing to false makes it so the only way to open the online list is via the online list command prefixes. It disables opening it via commands like [c with no text.

Evanonian

Sorceror
I can't take credit for this, but my scriptor added another setting specifically for our shard so that [online and [chat are completely separate, if this is already added, then we didn't see it.

Chat.cs
Code:
 public static void On_Chat_Staff(CommandEventArgs e)
        {
            if (e.ArgString == null || e.ArgString == "")
            {
                if (SETTINGS.CHAT_LIST_NO_TEXT) < -------- This setting was added
                {
                    SendGump((int)CHAN.STAFF, e.Mobile);
                }
                else if (SETTINGS.ONLINE_LIST_NO_TEXT)
                    e.Mobile.SendGump(new OnlineGump(e.Mobile));
                return;
            }
            Mobile Chatter = e.Mobile;
            string Message = e.ArgString.Trim();
            Init CS = Init.Chat_Server;
            AddMessage(CS.Staff_Messages, Chatter, Message, 3);
            SendGump((int)CHAN.STAFF, Chatter);
        }

SETTINGS.cs

Code:
 public static bool CHAT_LIST_NO_TEXT = true; //Turn to true if you want all command prefixes to open the chat menu(When a player types [c without any text it will open the chat gump if this is set to true), implies ONLINE_LIST_NO_TEXT = false.

I've also uploaded the scripts in case I forgot something, but everything works great.

Attachments

• Chat.cs
    6 KB · Views: 1
  • SETTINGS.cs
    7 KB · Views: 1

Bittiez

Sorceror
I can't take credit for this, but my scriptor added another setting specifically for our shard so that [online and [chat are completely separate, if this is already added, then we didn't see it.

Chat.cs
Code:
        {
            {
                if (SETTINGS.CHAT_LIST_NO_TEXT) < -------- This setting was added
                {
                    SendGump((int)CHAN.STAFF, e.Mobile);
                }
                else if (SETTINGS.ONLINE_LIST_NO_TEXT)
                return;
            }
        }

SETTINGS.cs

Code:
public static bool CHAT_LIST_NO_TEXT = true; //Turn to true if you want all command prefixes to open the chat menu(When a player types [c without any text it will open the chat gump if this is set to true), implies ONLINE_LIST_NO_TEXT = false.

I've also uploaded the scripts in case I forgot something, but everything works great.
Well that code doesn't separate [online and [chat in any way. I have already separated them and added the open to enable/disable the online list when using [chat without any text.
The only thing that code does is make it so when someone types [chat with no text, it will send the chat box gump(that displays chat messages) to the user. It will also disable the online list when using [chat with no text completely if CHAT_LIST_NO_TEXT is true.(Which I have already implemented as an option).

A easier method for what this code does would be this:
C#:
        {
            {
                if (SETTINGS.ONLINE_LIST_NO_TEXT)
            }
        }

( Simply remove the return; )

UOF

Traveler
Another thing that might be worth changing, is removing the [m command, because [m is already used by staff to do things multiple times, like [m tele etc.

Overall, it's a great addition, thanks :)

Evanonian

Sorceror
Just ran into this today, a staff member tried using the staff tab and it crashed our server.

Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 2.3, Build 4873.42182
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
.NET Framework: 4.0.30319.296
Time: 5/16/2013 9:32:39 AM
Mobiles: 38662
Items: 186598
Exception:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at Bittiez.BoxerChat.Chat.UpdateGump(Int32 Page)
at Bittiez.BoxerChat.Chat.AddMessage(List`1 MS, Mobile Chatter, String Message, Int32 Page)
at Bittiez.BoxerChat.Chat.On_Chat_Staff(CommandEventArgs e)
at Server.Gumps.ChatBox.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Clients:
- Count: 2

EDIT:

We just tested the 'Guild Tab' and that crashed as well. However we've never had issues with the 'World Chat'

Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 2.3, Build 4873.42182
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
.NET Framework: 4.0.30319.296
Time: 5/16/2013 9:41:05 AM
Mobiles: 38676
Items: 186587
Exception:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at Bittiez.BoxerChat.Chat.UpdateGump(Int32 Page)
at Bittiez.BoxerChat.Chat.AddMessage(List`1 MS, Mobile Chatter, String Message, Int32 Page)
at Bittiez.BoxerChat.Chat.On_Chat_Guild(CommandEventArgs e)
at Server.Gumps.ChatBox.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Clients:
- Count: 2