RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CEO's MoongateLibrary

CEO

Sorceror
CEO's MoongateLibrary

Tired of creating special user gates causing gate clutter? Then this is the answer for you! :)

This moongate library allows you store up to 96 runebooks in a moongate, giving you the ability to have
over 1500 locations in one gate! Also, depending on how you name a runebook or recall rune dropped in the book allows you to add additional conditions to the location as to whether a certain player may use that book or location. There are also special keywords for runebooks allowing you to do some simple formatting of your moongate library gump.

It can also be deeded/re-deeded and assigned to special players that have libraries should you decide to issue one to them. It can be configured to charge a small amount to offset costs of regs/tithe points as well. Gold will be taken first from the backpack and then from bank box if there's not enough in backpack.

See the help gump for details on runebook and recall rune naming for additional keywords.

Edit: Also, if you want your gate to be colored differently, it automatically takes on the color of the runebook in position 1.

One other thing to note, make sure this value:

Code:
public bool m_RedsAnywhere = false;

Is set appropriately for your shard. On our shard we allow reds to go to any land. I changed this to false by default in this version, but I can't guarantee I'll remember to do that everytime. Probably best that you check and make sure!

Attachments

• MoongateLibrary.cs
    45 KB · Views: 773

CEO

Sorceror
Joeku;635572 said:
Screenshots?
There ya go, that view is from a player standpoint. There are more buttons if you're an owner/gm to manage books and stuff. The number buttons flip you to the different pages of 12 books each, this gate has 96 books so all the numbers show up...

Also you notice, it color codes the locations based on map destination to make it easy for someone to know which map (though may still be unsafe) they are going, but an owner can also put the keyword "warnplayer" on the rune if they want to be nice. :cool:

milvaen

Wanderer
it's crashing my server when i set its security player and when player will goes inside the gate "server crashed"

milvaen

Wanderer
Crash log

Code:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.Items.MoongateLibraryGump.OnResponse(NetState state, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

CEO

Sorceror
Hmm, I'll look at it. We've been using it for several weeks though and walking into it as a player is pretty standard. Is there something different about your shard? What RunUO version? What client do you have your users use? Can you put in debug mode and give me a line number? I check for null stuff like nearly always. How many books are tied to the gate?

Code:
			if (info.ButtonID == 0 || m_Mobile == null || m_MoongateLibrary == null) // Cancel
				return;
If it's that line, the only thing I can think is info is null, but I was told by a dev team member that RelayInfo should always be there. Try changing it around this maybe.

Code:
			if ( info == null || info.ButtonID == 0 ||m_Mobile == null || m_MoongateLibrary == null) // Cancel
				return;
That's the only thing I can thing of off-hand without a line number, if you can provide that, I'll have whatever it is fixed asap. thanks.

fatmanskinny;635802 said:
this is for 1.0 or 2.0 ?
cheers
We run it on both, haven't seen any problems.

Thanks CEO. I installed this last night and absolutely love it. All your scripts are just great. This is an absolutely fantastic, useful script. :) Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

milva

Sorceror
Sorry I'm confused- can all of these be added with [props on the gate or do locations need to be changed in the script? Or do you drop runes in these books which creates the tele point and add a description? Sounds like a great idea for sure!

CEO

Sorceror
milva;635956 said:
Sorry I'm confused- can all of these be added with [props on the gate or do locations need to be changed in the script? Or do you drop runes in these books which creates the tele point and add a description? Sounds like a great idea for sure!
Have you tried it? I really didn't create any 'admin' like instructions, I mean really, buttons that say "ADD", "REMALL" and little [x] next to the selected book is pretty obvious isn't it? And if not about 30 secs of experimenting would it all come clear.

kato.qop;635970 said:
why do the gates magically dissapear?
How so? The gates can be setup to decay by default in 90 days, but that is turned off by default.

kato.qop

Wanderer
in some spots where you place the moongates they dissapear like chaos, britt, bucs.... they just dissapear after you place them