RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CEO's MoongateLibrary

Tarn Blackhail

Sorceror
I dont understand how to set access to a gate, in the help button of the gump it says you can add limitations on who can use your gate... well ive tried setting the rune name to MYGUILD, and ive tried setting the runebook itself to MYGUILD... nither work... help?

CEO

Sorceror
Try this format:

name:MYGUILD

Where name is your location or description of rune/runebook.

If that doesn't work, I'll have to dig up the code and play with it. I haven't need to add a book or runes for a long time and I don't remember! Sorry!

chaoscreator

Wanderer
The moongates are still decaying right after placement.Tested on Owner and Player accounts.Both seem to place moongates with decay on even tho it says Decays=false,But says GateDecays=True.Useing the deed to place.:confused:

Edit:Got it to stop decaying everytime but the first one placed still decays.
Edit2:Nvm took some editing but got it all working.Good job great script CEO.

CEO

Sorceror
chaoscreator;836568 said:
The moongates are still decaying right after placement.Tested on Owner and Player accounts.Both seem to place moongates with decay on even tho it says Decays=false,But says GateDecays=True.Useing the deed to place.:confused:

Edit:Got it to stop decaying everytime but the first one placed still decays.
Edit2:Nvm took some editing but got it all working.Good job great script CEO.

What did you change? None of mine have ever decayed....

milva

Sorceror
We used this on 1.0 and now on RC2 SVN and never have had a gate which decayed. Props on the gate reads Decay false.
I just added the moongate didn't use the deed for it, maybe that is the difference?

CEO

Sorceror
milva;836582 said:
We used this on 1.0 and now on RC2 SVN and never have had a gate which decayed. Props on the gate reads Decay false.
I just added the moongate didn't use the deed for it, maybe that is the difference?

Prop the gate and look further. There are other decay values, not just the regular item decay. There are several:

public bool DecayRunning
public TimeSpan DecayTimer1
public bool GateDecays
public TimeSpan DecayOver

There are all gamemaster and above accessible. The gate does default to decay in 90 days. This is for placing it at an event or something and if you forget to remove it it'll do so later. If you want a fixed gate, set the GateDecays to false and make sure DecayRunning is also false...

chaoscreator

Wanderer
CEO;836577 said:
What did you change? None of mine have ever decayed....

Didnt change anything untill I noticed it was decaying after placement with deed.Then I just went thro the script and changed some decay true to false and that did it.Works prefectly now.Awsome script love the MG library.

chaoscreator

Wanderer
I belive this decay was the culprit but not 100% sure

Code:
public class MoongateLibraryDeed : Item
	{
		public override int LabelNumber { get { return 1041116; } } // a deed for a holiday tree
		private bool m_Active;
		private ArrayList m_RuneBooks = new ArrayList();

// DecayTimer Stuff
		private bool m_Decays = false;<------ was true
		//private DateTime m_DecayEnd;
		private TimeSpan m_DecayTime = TimeSpan.FromDays(90);
		//private bool m_DecayRunning = false;

Atleast I think it was this one.Been working on alot scripts past few days so could be mistaken.Also sry for the slow response,been super busy.

Devinc07

Sorceror
Great script CEO. A few of my staff like ended up setting the moongate library to movable = true and carried it in their backpack and when a runebook is added while in the staff members pack the server crashed. I have told them not to carry it in their packs so it shouldn't be a problem anymore but here is the crash log. by the way the location was set to an internal map for the new player dungeon just wondering if that would matter. thanks

Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 2.1, Build 3641.39010
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.4200
Time: 4/21/2010 5:54:42 PM
Mobiles: 37445
Items: 231497
Exception:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Server.Items.MoongateLibraryGump.DisplayBookLocations(Runebook runebook)
at Server.Items.MoongateLibraryGump..ctor(Mobile mobile, MoongateLibrary rgate, DateTime LastChanged, ArrayList RuneBooks, Int32 page, Int32 selected)
at Server.Items.MoongateLibrary.SendLibraryGump(Mobile m, Int32 page, Int32 selected, Boolean sound)
at Server.Items.MoongateLibrary.InternalTarget.OnTarget(Mobile from, Object o)
at Server.Targeting.Target.Invoke(Mobile from, Object targeted)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.TargetResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

I just tested it without being movable and having it on the ground and it still crashed. the location was on an internal map
Works with any other map just not internal i guess. Works in backpack to its just the internal map.

Great script just figuring out how to use it. No more crashes. oh yeah and you can't delete runebooks after you put the locations of the runebooks into the moongate library otherwise it causes crash when you try to open the moongate. just wanted to let you know. great script though

CEO

Sorceror
Devinc07;837175 said:
Great script CEO. A few of my staff like ended up setting the moongate library to movable = true and carried it in their backpack and when a runebook is added while in the staff members pack the server crashed. I have told them not to carry it in their packs so it shouldn't be a problem anymore but here is the crash log. by the way the location was set to an internal map for the new player dungeon just wondering if that would matter. thanks

Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 2.1, Build 3641.39010
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.4200
Time: 4/21/2010 5:54:42 PM
Mobiles: 37445
Items: 231497
Exception:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Server.Items.MoongateLibraryGump.DisplayBookLocations(Runebook runebook)
at Server.Items.MoongateLibraryGump..ctor(Mobile mobile, MoongateLibrary rgate, DateTime LastChanged, ArrayList RuneBooks, Int32 page, Int32 selected)
at Server.Items.MoongateLibrary.SendLibraryGump(Mobile m, Int32 page, Int32 selected, Boolean sound)
at Server.Items.MoongateLibrary.InternalTarget.OnTarget(Mobile from, Object o)
at Server.Targeting.Target.Invoke(Mobile from, Object targeted)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.TargetResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

I just tested it without being movable and having it on the ground and it still crashed. the location was on an internal map
Works with any other map just not internal i guess. Works in backpack to its just the internal map.

Great script just figuring out how to use it. No more crashes. oh yeah and you can't delete runebooks after you put the locations of the runebooks into the moongate library otherwise it causes crash when you try to open the moongate. just wanted to let you know. great script though

They had it in pack, logged out and then someone added a rune to a linked book? Thanks, I'll check for that in the next version... Gee, a moongate in a backpack... Didn't think anyone would do that. lol

Devinc07

Sorceror
CEO;837236 said:
They had it in pack, logged out and then someone added a rune to a linked book? Thanks, I'll check for that in the next version... Gee, a moongate in a backpack... Didn't think anyone would do that. lol

lol yeah i know makes for an interesting reward on a very small custom shard though. I am thinking about giving it as vet reward with ability to only add home location and a few town locations then blessed. they could put it in houses or carry it around and use it when going in parties. idk though. just a thought. thanks for looking into it

romanthebrain

Sorceror
Yeah guys i got a problem. On house decay the moongate stand still there. How is it possible to redeed the house on callapse ?

CEO

Sorceror
It's not part of the house at all. It's an item, just like stuff left over when a house falls....

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Eh, I had no idea you was still around CEO. Seems you only post once every 2-4 months, lol. But it's still nice to see you coming back to the community, it is rather hard to stay away from it...

Dodger-b

Sorceror
Try this format:

name:MYGUILD

Where name is your location or description of rune/runebook.

If that doesn't work, I'll have to dig up the code and play with it. I haven't need to add a book or runes for a long time and I don't remember! Sorry!

I cant get this to work either. also the password works great except that it shows the password on the rune name in the gate.

Dodger-b

Sorceror
they can't be talking about CEO's MoongateLibrary couse i got it & it works fine for me ; if people will leve scripts along that works good ever thing be great for severs! Ceo i thank u did a great job on it ....( i been looking for the Public chat for a long time the 1 when u typ [c hello ever one can see it for players & staffs ) Ceo love ur CEOTurboSlots & MoongateLibrary thanks ceo for sharing ur scripts.

yes we are talking about CEO's Moongate library and before you start telling people to leave scripts alone you better make sure you have a clue what your talking about.I did not modify anything and there are parts of the system that DONT work. try reading the whole thing instead of just bits and pieces

Iraq-

Sorceror
Is it possible to have various Costs based on different runebooks using this system? I see a general cost to use, which applies to ALL books, but is there a way to make it apply to individual books only?