RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CEO's MoongateLibrary

CEO

Sorceror
kato.qop;636051 said:
in some spots where you place the moongates they dissapear like chaos, britt, bucs.... they just dissapear after you place them
Ok, thx, I'll check that out.

Can you use xmlfind and see if they are there somewhere? What map? I've jumped around and have placed several in those locations on my testshard without any problems!

Also, the security is currently set that GM is the highest level, though it shouldn't make a difference with dev/owner props for 2.0

CEO

Sorceror
Updated to 1.1.

• Fixed an issue with gates decaying when created for the first time via a deed.
  • Added security serialization to deed so gate's security remains intact vs. changing to the new owner's security.

One other thing to note, make sure this value:

Code:
public bool m_RedsAnywhere = false;

Is set appropriately for your shard. On our shard we allow reds to go to any land. I changed this to false by default in this version, but I can't guarantee I'll remember to do that everytime. Probably best that you check and make sure!

timothyisreal

Sorceror
crash

I might be missing a step. When the gate is active and locations are added as well with the owner as my admin, and the access level is set as player. When the player hits the ok button to go to the location it crashes the shard. Im running a basic 2.0 shard offline no player base and nothing added. Here is the crash message.

Code:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.Items.MoongateLibraryGump.OnResponse(NetState state, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Is ther something im missing, as long as the player is the owner it works. If the owner is my admin and the player tries to go in it crashes also the gate is not in a house. Also if owner is set as null it still crashes the server.

milva

Sorceror
This sounds like a great idea to be rid of alot of gates! Also to allow reds to travel any where- has any one else tested this script- since a few are getting crashes just wondering how most with 1.0 are doing with it

CEO

Sorceror
timothyisreal;636802 said:
I might be missing a step. When the gate is active and locations are added as well with the owner as my admin, and the access level is set as player. When the player hits the ok button to go to the location it crashes the shard. Im running a basic 2.0 shard offline no player base and nothing added. Here is the crash message.

Code:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.Items.MoongateLibraryGump.OnResponse(NetState state, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Is ther something im missing, as long as the player is the owner it works. If the owner is my admin and the player tries to go in it crashes also the gate is not in a house. Also if owner is set as null it still crashes the server.
Can you run with -debug and give me a line number? We've been using this for weeks and I've never had a crash on our live shard. PM me with AIM/ICQ info, if I could hop on your shard and look at the gate before it crashes that might help too, but a line number and I'm sure I can fix asap.

Malaperth

Wanderer
At a quick look, seems the problem is here:

Code:
			if (m_Owner == null || m_Owner.Deleted)
			{
				[COLOR="Red"]m_Owner = null;[/COLOR]
				if (m.AccessLevel > AccessLevel.Player)
					return true;
				else
					return false;
			}

Shouldn't that be:

Code:
m_Owner = m;

CEO

Sorceror
Malaperth;636880 said:
At a quick look, seems the problem is here:

Code:
			if (m_Owner == null || m_Owner.Deleted)
			{
				[COLOR="Red"]m_Owner = null;[/COLOR]
				if (m.AccessLevel > AccessLevel.Player)
					return true;
				else
					return false;
			}

Shouldn't that be:

Code:
m_Owner = m;
That's in an entirely different spot, and that code is fine. That checks if there no owner of the gate, and if so then only non-players can access.

Malaperth

Wanderer
RIght, but in the code that is crashing, owner is used, and if it's set to null, it will crash if I remember what I saw correctly. He said it crashed after he changed the owner.

CEO

Sorceror
Malaperth;636897 said:
RIght, but in the code that is crashing, owner is used, and if it's set to null, it will crash if I remember what I saw correctly. He said it crashed after he changed the owner.
Again, that's fine. Doesn't matter, I was finally able to reproduce with a test char and certain circumstances, the problem is in OnResponse, nothing to do with that code. I'll have a fix shortly...

CEO

Sorceror
Malaperth;636908 said:
I guess I'm sorry I tried to help...
Doesn't hurt to try...

Updated to 1.2

1. Fixed a crash if the runebook has no description and is null.
:eek:

milva

Sorceror
I would just like to say "Thank You" for sharing this script! With your latest update -I went ahead and added this in. Have had a few players testing it out, even the Reds- they all love it!! This is really a must have for a shard with either alot of gates or tele's :p

CEO

Sorceror
milva;637020 said:
I would just like to say "Thank You" for sharing this script! With your latest update -I went ahead and added this in. Have had a few players testing it out, even the Reds- they all love it!! This is really a must have for a shard with either alot of gates or tele's :p
You're welcome, exactly the idea I had too when I created it. I've seen lots of freeshards with abunch of gates/teles lined up to go to different spots, this makes a nice clean-up and one-stop solution. Glad your players find it useful, thanks for the feedback.

wulf monat

Sorceror
My shard will be very different with gates but ill check this out!

my gates to go places will be found around the world in different places so players will still have to do some work to get to certain places but this should still clean some things up for me....thanks for the script!

timothyisreal

Sorceror
here ya go

CEO I sent my icq info to you in pm, we can see if we can figure out whats going on that way. Then you can post a fix for ppl that have the same problem, if there is a problem.

CEO

Sorceror
timothyisreal;637480 said:
CEO I sent my icq info to you in pm, we can see if we can figure out whats going on that way. Then you can post a fix for ppl that have the same problem, if there is a problem.
I already fixed it. Get the update.

Twilightal

Wanderer
You think you can edit its font for Celtic menu? i have celtic gumps so the font is black and i cant see the commands on it.

CEO

Sorceror
Twilightal;646399 said:
You think you can edit its font for Celtic menu? i have celtic gumps so the font is black and i cant see the commands on it.
I'm not going to modify this for specific shards, you're welcome to customize it to fit your needs.