RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CEO's MoongateLibrary

CEO

Sorceror
Twilightal;646491 said:
i dont need you to modify it for me. i want to know what i have to use to edit its font or maybe my font >.>
Those are display using html strings, modify the strings to add your html font you want to use.

Find all the AddHtml references like:
Code:
AddHtml(410, 20, 210, 20, string.Format("<basefont size=2 color=#0000ff>({0})<basefont>", m_RuneBooks.Count), false, false);

and modify with what you want to do.

CEO

Sorceror
Twilightal;646608 said:
i'm not familiar with html strings.... only Gump could you direct me where i can find that?
I pretty much stuck with the basics, any html tutorial or other example code someplace else should help out, do a search on "addhtml" and check out how other scripts use it, maybe some use other fonts that'll give you an idea.

DevXLX

Sorceror
For some weird reason, sometimes the gate seems to bug up and always deny access..... although there's no restriction set to the book or rune, and security is set to player and it's active and I'm using the mobowner.

Very strange..

Twice I placed the gate in britain, twice I've ended up being completely unable to use that gate again. "You do not have the permission to access that location"

CEO

Sorceror
DevXLX;701823 said:
For some weird reason, sometimes the gate seems to bug up and always deny access..... although there's no restriction set to the book or rune, and security is set to player and it's active and I'm using the mobowner.

Very strange..

Twice I placed the gate in britain, twice I've ended up being completely unable to use that gate again. "You do not have the permission to access that location"
Props it, I'm sure it's an AccessLevel issue. Only way that can happen.

SavageCub

Sorceror
! D:\Documents and Settings\Liz\Desktop\RunUO\MoongateLibrary.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged

this is what came up when i tryed to extract it:mad:

CEO

Sorceror
SavageCub;758463 said:
! D:\Documents and Settings\Liz\Desktop\RunUO\MoongateLibrary.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged

this is what came up when i tryed to extract it:mad:

It appears ALL .zip files are broken on the forums. :mad:

I uploaded a new .zip that worked fine for me (before upload), but when I tried to download it I get the same error. I then checked a couple of my other .zip archives in other threads and they also error out.

I've replaced the file with a .cs file, that works fine. :)

mikeymaze

Wanderer
how do you set up the name i want it to say Tram Dungeons and take the name of the runebook that i added but it shows up as "No description" it list the other names in the book ok but not the name of the book

CEO

Sorceror
mikeymaze;762388 said:
how do you set up the name i want it to say Tram Dungeons and take the name of the runebook that i added but it shows up as "No description" it list the other names in the book ok but not the name of the book
Are you sure you named the book? It uses the name of the book for the listing. That's all there is to it.

mikeymaze

Wanderer
i get a server crash well when a player uses the gate

HTML:
RunUO Version 2.0, Build 3087.21991
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.1433
Time: 6/14/2008 5:04:59 PM
Mobiles: 2780
Items: 108887
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.Items.MoongateLibraryGump.OnResponse(NetState state, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc) in c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\New Folder (2)\Server\Network\PacketHandlers.cs:line 1200
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns) in c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\New Folder (2)\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 268
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice() in c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\New Folder (2)\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 129
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\New Folder (2)\Server\Main.cs:line 480

seems fine but when i added a new runebook and recall rune for Luna as soon as my player picks luna it crashes i can pick other locations ok

works for luna when i use my admin account and does not crash server at all any ideas ?

CEO

Sorceror
Hmm, are you sure you're not using an old version. I seem to recall a crash issue that I fixed along time ago. With all these corrupt zips, It's possible I uploaded a broken version, but I'm sure the one I put up was the one we're using on our shard, which is the latest.

mikeymaze

Wanderer
i got what ever the link was today in the first post . The problem does work if you rename the book so its not null but i thought that problem was already fixed

CEO

Sorceror
mikeymaze;762448 said:
i got what ever the link was today in the first post . The problem does work if you rename the book so its not null but i thought that problem was already fixed
Yeah, then I must of put an old version up, sorry about that. I thought it was the latest, I'll see if I can dig it up and replace the existing one.

Edit: Yep, I was able to reproduce the crash. No idea where my fixed version went. :( I'll work up a fix shortly...

koluch

Sorceror
Our Version(good or need to replace??)

CEO;762467 said:
Ok, reuploaded version with fix.
We have been using the version attached below since11-27-07 with no issues.
I compared and the files are different, was just wondering if we are using the non-corrected version even though we have had no crash so far and....

should we update??

(no version on the script)

Thanks!

Koluch

Attachments

• MoongateLibrary.cs
    46 KB · Views: 26

CEO

Sorceror
Yes. If the Runebook has no description there is crash. As long as you're controlling what's in the gate and naming the books there should be no issues. The version I uploaded contains a one line change adding a null check on around line 935:

Code:
            if ((m_Mobile.AccessLevel == AccessLevel.Player) [COLOR="DarkRed"]&& (runebook.Description != null)[/COLOR] && (runebook.Description.Equals("SKIP") || runebook.Description.Equals("BREAK") || Insensitive.StartsWith(runebook.Description, "TITLE,")))

I added the version at the top in the upload one as well. The moongate's gump does show a version number, but to avoid confusion I through that line in as well. :)

koluch

Sorceror
CEO;762538 said:
Yes. If the Runebook has no description there is crash. As long as you're controlling what's in the gate and naming the books there should be no issues. The version I uploaded contains a one line change adding a null check on around line 935:

Code:
            if ((m_Mobile.AccessLevel == AccessLevel.Player) [COLOR=darkred]&& (runebook.Description != null)[/COLOR] && (runebook.Description.Equals("SKIP") || runebook.Description.Equals("BREAK") || Insensitive.StartsWith(runebook.Description, "TITLE,")))

I added the version at the top in the upload one as well. The moongate's gump does show a version number, but to avoid confusion I through that line in as well. :)
Super!
Thanks CEO!

Koluch :]