RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ConnectUO.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Lord
I guess the good news is that since there was some data loss, I have to rebuild the exe and the setup files, and in doing so have fixed a few small bugs :).

EDIT: LOL @ MOM Is Ryan :p

The serverlist provided here doesnt work at all for me, no error message. Thats why I thought I was using it wrong, and asked for directions. I know the shard itself is still up, because other computer in the neighborhood, who did use their compy within the last 2 months, (unlike me) had the most up-to-date CUO and can still connect.

Manually? Could you explain how to do that with CUO please?

I get the patches for the server just fine (shard custom patches) but I know the host IP has changed, and my CUO is out of date by atleast 2 months. (more than likely, even farther than that, I've been on my Xbox alot)

Deimos

Page
Jeff;746595 said:
I guess the good news is that since there was some data loss, I have to rebuild the exe and the setup files, and in doing so have fixed a few small bugs :).

No backups?
Guess it's abit more complex when you have a server farm, eh?

Hammerhand

Knight
Jeff;746488 said:
When ppl complain about a FREE service being down, it really pisses me off. There was a hardware failure, data was lost, we are trying to piece it together and fix it for you guys and all we get is grief. You try putting on our shoes for a day and dealing with the mass messages, pm's, and shit we have to deal with on a daily basis, not to mention when something breaks that load increases 10 fold. Don't take my hostility about the situation to heart, it was more of a general comment, it was just directed more at you cause i could quote you. :)

[ImagePlaceHolderBegin"TwoThumbsUpAwardGoesToJeff"ImagePlaceHolderEnd]
Didnt have a 2 thumbs up image....so you get to use your imagination.

*applauds*

Jeff & the RunUO team you guys are so awesome. You create this wonderful software for thousands+ of people to use FREE and you get bugged to hell and back and you keep going!! May I please borrow your patience?? I know when my shard goes down for mainanence for a hour my players poop bricks hehe.
So mega kudos guys for your patience and your good hearts cause its all for the love of the game!

Jasonntn

Wanderer
shadowpheonix787;746603 said:
The serverlist provided here doesnt work at all for me, no error message. Thats why I thought I was using it wrong, and asked for directions. I know the shard itself is still up, because other computer in the neighborhood, who did use their compy within the last 2 months, (unlike me) had the most up-to-date CUO and can still connect.

Manually? Could you explain how to do that with CUO please?

I get the patches for the server just fine (shard custom patches) but I know the host IP has changed, and my CUO is out of date by atleast 2 months. (more than likely, even farther than that, I've been on my Xbox alot)

You could manually connect with Razor if you know the IP address of the shard you are trying to connect to. (And the port, such as 2593 in most cases) I *think* you can actually connect manually with ConnectUO. But I haven't used it in quite a while, so not certain. Couldn't you get this info from the other computer in the neighborhood?

Jeff

Lord
Im sorry for this, but im not gonna explain how to use cuo without the list.xml working from the download, it wasnt really meant to work this way. Someone else can explain it, but its not going to be from me.

Just letting you all know where i stand on that :)

Jeff

Lord
Hammerhand;746645 said:
[ImagePlaceHolderBegin"TwoThumbsUpAwardGoesToJeff"ImagePlaceHolderEnd]
Didnt have a 2 thumbs up image....so you get to use your imagination.

google man, google

Hammerhand

Knight
Jeff;746675 said:
google man, google

Aaaarrrrrgghhh.. my EYES!! I think they just burned out of my skull. :eek: For some reason, that pic seems disturbing on more levels than I knew even existed.

Peoharen

Sorceror
What a week here. Everything from who wants to screw grandma to gay afro men in annoyingly bright green spandex.

Jeff

Lord
Hammerhand;746750 said:
Aaaarrrrrgghhh.. my EYES!! I think they just burned out of my skull. :eek: For some reason, that pic seems disturbing on more levels than I knew even existed.

Peoharen;746762 said:
What a week here. Everything from who wants to screw grandma to gay afro men in annoyingly bright green spandex.

Have you not seen Borat?

Hammerhand

Knight
Jeff;746784 said:
Have you not seen Borat?
Nope.. and if that pic is from it I can see now that I wont be watching it. :eek: Somethings just should not be put on film. A bright neon green over-the-shoulder thong..... nasty.

anybody

Sorceror
Hammerhand;746842 said:
Nope.. and if that pic is from it I can see now that I wont be watching it. :eek: Somethings just should not be put on film. A bright neon green over-the-shoulder thong..... nasty.
Seeing that no a chick would have been eye catching but something about seeing that on a guy is beyond disturbing.

Jeff, man, why would you subject us to something like that!

Jeff

Lord
anybody;746845 said:
Seeing that no a chick would have been eye catching but something about seeing that on a guy is beyond disturbing.

Jeff, man, why would you subject us to something like that!

Cause im not a homophobe and its halarious. You have to see it in the context of the movie....

Status
Not open for further replies.