RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom Artwork How-To

898 -1 -1 -1 632
this line needs to be in there, because it sets up the animation for it

now the item you are adding has a new gump ID and art id correct?
need to use THOSE numbers in the tiledata, not the one pointing to the elf robe
body.def does that part

also would not use 632 anyways - would be the 898 - that is what the bodycov is for so it then points to animation 5 instead of 1 when using 898

so need to know the gump you are actualy using (0xC???), its ani id number 0x???, the art & tiledata number

then we can fix from there

Cpt_Starfox

Sorceror
Oh gravy... I'm so sorry yall, but after talking with another friend of mine, I figured out my problem. I have been working with the server side files trying to figure this out. Well, I forgot I was loading a custom tiledata.mul on the client side that might not be the same LOL - duh - *slaps forehead* - it works fine now LOL

Thanks for your help anyway :)

ZackCrick

Sorceror
I added several arts to the game and edited the tiledata. Even if i apply the impassable flag on an item i.e. a sarcophagus it still glows yellow when i move the mouse cursor over it. I added the item as static.

Suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Zabulon

Wanderer
This makes me really dizzy after hours of tries...

Did it like explained in the tutorial (free gump(anim)-slot, copy the animation, make the tile and link it the animid,...) and write a common standard script to test my new leather chest.
No problems while compiling but when I add it ingame there isn't any new tile on the floor. Tried it to add it directly to the backpack but then there shows up an items named "balista" (or the like), which has a plate like tile and disappears, if a drag it to the ground...can't equip it either.
Tried ist also with [add static <itemid> and there was nothing to see...

Any suggestions or similar problems?
Would be really glad, if anyone could give me some advices. :)

Best wishes from Austria
Rene

need to know nubers you used for gump art, art and tile data and the ani number you used in tile data
also line you added to body.def

also did you patch the changed files to your UO directory, along with the servers datapath directory?

Zabulon

Wanderer
Yes, I changed the files in the UO directory and in the datafiles. (anim-files, animdata, art-files, gump-files, tiledata and body.def)

IDs I used...

Art: 0x40FE
Gump: 0xC4F4
Tile: 0x40FE
Number used in the tile: 0x1A4
Added also the right animation (got from insideUO) with an right click on the gump slot

body.def line ->
420 {542} 0

here is your problem
Art: 0x40FE

unless using advanced core mods, packet mods, etc for SA support, you can only go to 0x3FFF (and do not use 3FFF)

Zabulon

Wanderer
Thanks, that explains a lot...
Do you know some of these core mods and packets? Cuz we are using already most of these slots and need obvious more.

Zabulon

Wanderer
Adding new paperdoll graphics is a real pain in the arse...it was so easy with Sphere. :-(

Tried to add a new chestpiece, which was also used under Sphere, some time ago.

How it should look like ->

...and how it looks now ->

It's on the wrong place and seems ugly ragged.

The original file, I patched in...

you need to clean up your edges to being pure black (0,0,0) - something "anti-alias" the edges making them slightly grey, so they come out jaged

as for alignment, that you need to adjust also

by the way - would be same for sphere or or RunUO - the MUL files are OSI based, not server based for putting in the graphics

Zabulon

Wanderer
Mhh...
I have another problem now. It seems tricky to copy an animation ID two times.
I added two additional types of leather armor and copied the animation from the original. On the first armor it turned out well and on the second armor there isn't an animation or the wrong one (gump and tile are fine, only the animation bothers me).
Is there another way to do so or is it a problem with the id? (art: 0x2C4, gump: 0xC56B)

if yopu read through the thread, you find out you do not need to copy the animation
just use body.def to handle it using the animation of an other (many things can share the same animation that way, and only a little file to patch to players)

Zabulon

Wanderer
Ok, the problem seems to be solved.

Looks like the mulpatcher messed up my animations, so it didn't work anymore with simple copying. The body.def is a really great alternative. Thanks a lot!

Zabulon

Wanderer
Ok, it still doesn't work...I don't get it...

It's always a problem, if I try to use an animation twice. I did it exactly the same way, as the first time and edited the body.def file.

Paperdoll and tiles are fine but the animation is missing.

Any suggestions? :-(

///Edit
Could it be possible that some IDs are not shown in the mulpatcher, in the body.def or bodyconv.def and still already reserved?
Moved from about 580 to 1000 and it's working again.

Nockar

Sorceror
NorthwindsDaxe Question: How to find a empty slot.

First load the files up in Mulpatcher.exe

Then go to the Gumps(anim) tab. Fine a blank spot that is read. If the text is black. It should already have a image there. When its red its open and you can use it.

Next go to Tiledata(S)
Click on something. You’ll notice in my that its gone a name, weight, height, a [X]A is checked. This spot is being used by something. When I click right above it you will notice that all those fields are empty. This indicates that its a empty slot. There is no information there.

You may also notice that there is still a picture of a saw on the right. This is a bug in the program. No matter which empty slot i keep clicking on that saw will still keep showing up. If I were to click on a picture of a ice-cream cone and then click on an empty slots, all those empty slots would have that ice-cream cone picture in them.

In the above examples I am using my custom mul flees. So you will not have anything in those files locations like I have. I am also using the new beta SA server which lets me us WAY more empty slots then the normal server.

But thats is that basics for finding a empty slot.

Mostly just back up your files. Try it. And see what happens. then you will learn how to do it.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 22
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 15
I understand...it seems my files were not loading. I uninstalled and tried again..everything seems to be there now. Thanks for taking the time..much appreciated.

your uo directory (that is patching to players, including yourself) and your RunUO DataPath directory that you set up in the datapath.cs file