RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delete My Posts!

WarAngel

Wanderer
Vorspire said:
I hope i speak for everyone, it's only once in a while a reply in a completely relevant thread like this ticks me off enough to post a reply like this, so be honoured.

You don't speak for everyone. I could care less what he does, or how he acts.

You have to teach yourself to ignore people you dislike, instead of bashing them at every chance you get. It's even more unproductive than the way the original poster posts.

Dodge1965

Wanderer
WarAngel said:
7 out of 9 of your posts are bash-related. I suggest you stop; it's rather useless.

So because I am usually quiet and keep myself to myself it removes my right to express my opinion when someone ticks me off?

If I now said I found you hostile, dont like you and you should take a jump off a bridge with a brick tied to your foot that would be more acceptable?

As I said, I only posted initially as a joke aimed at someone behaving pompously, alas some take themselves way too seriously .

So I made 7 bash related posts in almost 10 months, have you made less? I could have made a lot more but I am usually more restrained.

And jerks should not be ignored, that way they just continue to walk all over the feelings of others. Sometimes Warangel you have to grow some nuts and speak up for what you believe in.

By your reasoning when Hitler was being a jerk everyone should have just ignored him whilst he invaded Poland. Imagine the world now if no one cared how others behaved just as you dont.

WarAngel

Wanderer
I am not saying your right to complain is invalid; however, your bashing of Seanchen is the most useless thing possible, as he doesn't care what people think of his actions, and it's rather obvious. Haven't you people learned this yet after years of him being around? Apparently not.

Dodge1965

Wanderer
WarAngel said:
I am not saying your right to complain is invalid; however, your bashing of Seanchen is the most useless thing possible, as he doesn't care what people thinks of his actions, and it's rather obvious. Haven't you people learned this yet after years of him being around? Apparently not.

yes but just maybe its fun and since he doesn't care theres no harm being done. Yes its pointless, arguing with someone on the internet inevitably is, but it passes the time and the flame threads are always the most read so everyone wins.
;)

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
Dodge1965 said:
yes but just maybe its fun and since he doesn't care theres no harm being done. Yes its pointless, arguing with someone on the internet inevitably is, but it passes the time and the flame threads are always the most read so everyone wins.
;)

There is harm being done to this community, you should care enough not to attack me and force me into a position where I have to defend myself.

Courageous

Wanderer
I'd go so far to say that the whole "flaming allowed" thing on Starbucks doesn't provide the community with any value at all. Further, I find it a problem per se if anyone starts making a post about someone else at all.

C//

Dodge1965

Wanderer
Seanchen.net said:
There is harm being done to this community, you should care enough not to attack me and force me into a position where I have to defend myself.

please don't take this as an attack, its not intended as such, but did you ever stop to think that much of the stck you take may be inadvertantly self inflicted?

People will always tend to treat you the way they see you treat others. Wether intentional or not you often come accross negatively and arrogantly and naturally people will base their opinion of you on this and treat you accordingly.

General census seems to be that you're a good scriptor which puts you in a fortunate position, from which you could be one of the most popular guys on here. Scripting however isn't the be all and end all to everyone and a lot of people value humility and friendliness above scripting abilities. Respect is earned not just given because you're good at something.

If you went to buy a car and asked the salesman a question and he told you that if you couldn't be arsed to read the handbook tough luck, i daresay you wouldn't be too impressed with the garage as a whole, let alone the salesman.

By all means encourage people to solve and learn but if you can do it in a respectful way rather than making them feel humiliated for asking you may find them more friendly towards you in the future. Maybe even if you aren't inclined to offer help, don't post in the thread at all, rather than making what comes accross as snide, negative comments.

Being the cool bad guy is fine as long as you have a thick enough skin to take as good as you give without being bothered by it and getting overexcited and name calling every time someone bites back.

Now, I just bought a really expensive new bed and i have to go lay on it for at least a week solid to justify the cost so i'l cyas all in the spring. (woot, in the spring, unintentional pun). :cool:

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
Dodge1965 said:
please don't take this as an attack, its not intended as such, but did you ever stop to think that much of the stck you take may be inadvertantly self inflicted?

People will always tend to treat you the way they see you treat others. Wether intentional or not you often come accross negatively and arrogantly and naturally people will base their opinion of you on this and treat you accordingly.

General census seems to be that you're a good scriptor which puts you in a fortunate position, from which you could be one of the most popular guys on here. Scripting however isn't the be all and end all to everyone and a lot of people value humility and friendliness above scripting abilities. Respect is earned not just given because you're good at something.

If you went to buy a car and asked the salesman a question and he told you that if you couldn't be arsed to read the handbook tough luck, i daresay you wouldn't be too impressed with the garage as a whole, let alone the salesman.

By all means encourage people to solve and learn but if you can do it in a respectful way rather than making them feel humiliated for asking you may find them more friendly towards you in the future. Maybe even if you aren't inclined to offer help, don't post in the thread at all, rather than making what comes accross as snide, negative comments.

Being the cool bad guy is fine as long as you have a thick enough skin to take as good as you give without being bothered by it and getting overexcited and name calling every time someone bites back.

Now, I just bought a really expensive new bed and i have to go lay on it for at least a week solid to justify the cost so i'l cyas all in the spring. (woot, in the spring, unintentional pun). :cool:

You clearly cannot view it through the eyes of myself.

When I am nice, I get attacked, when I am not nice but answer the question, I get attacked. People of course try to generalize my answers, they claim I am always not nice or worst, and people start to believe them.

I try to answer people's questions, yet I am attacked how I do so, just because I don't hold their hands while doing so doesn't mean I am not being helpful towards somebody else.

People think I am here to answer their questions, yet I am here to answer questions, I am not worried if somebody doesn't understand one of my answers. If a given person wants to ask additional questions then they should ask additional questions, I should not have to explain my answer to somebody who does not ask for an explaination.

This is where I get into discussions with people. Half the people here, think I should explain my answers, the other half except my answer and don't say a damn thing. These same people are, I have to admit, the people that help other people and get to know me better.

I am not mean to people, I might not be nice, but there is a huge difference. Clearly the word "mean" means something to everyone else, I would say some of your comments are "mean" and thus why my previous responses were defensive.

I try to only answer the questions that are asked, if I am replying to a thread that is a question, thus to avoid issues. I might make a comment, only to inform the person what I feel. If there is anything I give back besides my knowlege thats my experience with dealing with people.

Clearly I am not a perfect person, but who exactly is, and anyone who cannot admit that should be shot for being an idiot and thinking they are perfect. I know that sometimes I might appear I am being mean to somebody, but you will have to trust me on this, I am just answering the question they asked.

In the past, I have not had this attitude and thus, it appears people cannot forgive and forget. So I changed my name, and now I get some new bs lie, that I am the same person still.

So perhaps I do deserve it, but so what? Personal attacks are not allowed, and I know I don't go to the effort of doing so, only the people who dislike me do that.

Courageous

Wanderer
Here's how I see it. Never let anyone put you down. Don't put people down. Don't take any shit, and only give shit in fun. Think highly of yourself. Very highly. Never let anyone ever tell you not to think highly of yourself, and if someone doesn't like it that you do, smash them on the head with a mace.

Next, in thinking highly of yourself, don't let it let you treat other people lowly. This happens sometimes, with people who think highly of themselves a bit too much. It's a mistake. Just because you're good, just because you're great, doesn't mean that you should disrespect someone else, or treat them like they're not great. If you do this, someone should smash you on the head with a mace.

Finally, don't make anyone earn your respect. Give your respect first, as a first gift of your meeting. If they fail to return your fair treatment and treat you badly, smash them on the head with a mace.

C//

Courageous

Wanderer
Yes I first learned mace philosophy from a friend, who was looking at some hot chick with a loser-looking guy for a boyfriend. He said "if this were the middle ages, I'd smash him on the head with a mace, and take her myself." This is what happens to us when we play too much D&D. Mace Philosophy 101.

C//

Courageous said:
Here's how I see it. Never let anyone put you down. Don't put people down. Don't take any shit, and only give shit in fun. Think highly of yourself. Very highly. Never let anyone ever tell you not to think highly of yourself, and if someone doesn't like it that you do, smash them on the head with a mace.

Next, in thinking highly of yourself, don't let it let you treat other people lowly. This happens sometimes, with people who think highly of themselves a bit too much. It's a mistake. Just because you're good, just because you're great, doesn't mean that you should disrespect someone else, or treat them like they're not great. If you do this, someone should smash you on the head with a mace.

Finally, don't make anyone earn your respect. Give your respect first, as a first gift of your meeting. If they fail to return your fair treatment and treat you badly, smash them on the head with a mace.

C//

I agree!! No matter how good you are at something it doesn't mean someone else is. A lot of people are here on these boards for help not to be run down or flamed. I truely believe we should be good to people and help them.

You get what you give is the way I see it....

Courageous

Wanderer
If you'd like an interesting story from the other side, you may find some humor in this. I have a good friend of mine, who at one time was my protege. One day, not so long ago, he had the opportunity to exercise one of the lessons I had tought him. I shall change the names to protect the innocent. Here goes:

We shall call my friend Steve Smith. A coworker of his, who he'd just met, he addressed as "Jim". Jim said, "I prefer Dr. Kline, Steve." My friend "Steve" replied, "yes, and I prefer Mister Smith, Dr. Kline." Dr. Kline was a bit taken aback by this at first, but later apologized. They had a very good relationship from that moment forward, and, I suspect quite strongly that Dr. Kline learned something important.

C//

p.s., and if "Mr. President" calls me "Joe," he'd better darn well expect to be called "George".

bzk90

Lord
Courageous said:
Yes I first learned mace philosophy from a friend, who was looking at some hot chick with a loser-looking guy for a boyfriend. He said "if this were the middle ages, I'd smash him on the head with a mace, and take her myself." This is what happens to us when we play too much D&D. Mace Philosophy 101.

C//

had it been the middle ages she would have been burned alive for adultery ;/

Johabius

Knight
Seanchen.net said:
*Clipped for space*
So perhaps I do deserve it, but so what? Personal attacks are not allowed, and I know I don't go to the effort of doing so, only the people who dislike me do that.
No one, and I repeat, no one deserves to be treated the way that you sometimes do. I've been guilty of that in the past, and I apologize. Very well put, sir.