RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite president

ASayre

RunUO Developer
Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

Brought us out of the depression, through WWII (victory twas nearly assured at that point), and then some.

Boo Coolidge, Boo Hoover. Yay FDR!

milt

Knight
Bleh yeah Lupus isn't a good thing. I hope everything goes well for you reguarding that.

My ex-girlfriend has it and last winter she was in the hospital because it had gotten bad.

Alcyone

Sorceror
pretty good

At first I thought my life was over, and went through the normal depression thing, then I realized that even on days when I can't get out of bed, I can still organize things, and use a phone.

So I've been trying to put together a group of volunteers to help people with life-altering, confining diseases, called Butterfly Kiss (I'm sure you get the "Butterfly" part ). So actually the disease has been a blessing, and set me on a path that I never would have taken otherwise. I didn't realize how people who are shut-ins, or disabled in any way can feel sooo isolated.

Plus it's given me ample time to write letters to senators and representatives asking them to pass the bill for more dollars to go to research lupus.

How's your sister doing? If she ever needs someone to talk to or anything, have her icq me.

( and no, I wasn't joking about Hillary being president again, and I'm a she, thank you, though. )j/k

David

Moderate
My sister was diagnosed 31 years ago, and has battled numerous complications along the way including kidney failure and 3 bouts with cancer. Unfortunately the cancer has returned and the doctors don't offer much hope this time. She is in a hospice now, I just got back from visiting with her a little while ago. Despite everything she still greats you with a smile; she is truly an inspiration to me.

Alcyone

Sorceror
31 years, wow

31 years is fantastic, considering what the prognosis was in those days. She sounds like an inspiration. sounds like your all going through alot. My wishes are with you, as are my prayers. If any of you need anything, you know where I'll be. It's hard to see a loved one suffer so. Hey, maybe her story can be an inspiration to others one day.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Sorry about your sister, David :(.

But Clinton? A good president? Surely you are all kidding...
*finds his can opener so he can go fishing...*

The word "Blue"... the way I see it? "Lube". [/disgustingly strange random disfuntion]
Bad case of DSRD... sorry guys.

-Storm

TMSTKSBK said:
Sorry about your sister, David :(.

But Clinton? A good president? Surely you are all kidding...
*finds his can opener so he can go fishing...*
name one reason why we shouldn't say he was a good president that does not have to do with Monica Lewinsky.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
He was pro-abortion. He was a pacifist retard. He was coasting on Reagan/Bush foreign policy. He was indecisive. He was a lawyer.

That a long enough list for you?

TMSTKSBK said:
He was pro-abortion. He was a pacifist retard. He was coasting on Reagan/Bush foreign policy. He was indecisive. He was a lawyer.

That a long enough list for you?
Bush is pro-abortion also, genius. He was not a pacifist, thats funny as hell, As far as a retard, he was actually a Rhode Scholar with an IQ above 150.... Bush cannot even use vocabulary I learned in middle school properly. And no, its not the stress of public speaking, b/c as I have mentioned, I've met the man. And as for his previous occupation, at least he did work instead of joining a military service and skipping out 3 weeks later...

TMSTKSBK

Lord
...not very smart, again, AB :-\

It's clear you didn't know the man. He is a retard. There is nothing you can do or say to change it. "Rhodes Scholar" is just a title. It can always be mistaken.

(And someone not being a great elocutor doesn't imply stupidity)

theformat

Wanderer
Clinton was a bad president. He did do some good in the middle east... but the stuff he was caught up in...
jesus the stuff he did was stuff i do : / i would want me as president and im sure you wouldnt want me as president...
i just got back from a good night of drinkin games lol

bzk90

Lord
So a president, who is the head of our nation, the embodiment of the american people, is not allowed to enjoy the life style of the people he serves?

Does anybody besides me think this is fucked up?

Its like being the president of the gun club but not being allowed to fire your rifle because guns are dangerous...People and the press need to mind their own damn business. Clinton getting a blow job is not the concern of the american public. Does the press need to be informed every time I take a shit?

theformat

Wanderer
No, he is not there to represent you and me bzk...
Me getting a blow job is ok you getting a blow job ok...
The voters that go out and vote are the ones who think this is bad...
The ones who think doing what he did is ok...
HELLO those are the people that didnt vote because they dont give a rats ass in the first place...
Doing what he did... yes, lots of people do stuff he does every day thats great... really honestly...
But doing that stuff and being the leader and knowing that nations that we need favors from and hold wildcards on us... i want to know that they think our leader is honerable and good ( especially to the muslim society ) so everything will be in our favor to the american public. Even the people that think he is wrong and the people that think he is ok.

TMSTKSBK said:
I think it displays major flaws in character to be unfaithful. It doesn't help when you're president.
So Kennedy didn't have character?

And I'm still waiting for an example of unintelligence from Clinton...

NiteStar

Wanderer
Carter was/is cool. Not a memorable man but a decent guy all the way around.

His brother Billy was a boob but even he was funny :D

Jimmy Carter did try and bring a lasting peace to the Middle East

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Anti-Basic said:
So Kennedy didn't have character?

And I'm still waiting for an example of unintelligence from Clinton...

"It depends on what the definition of the word 'is' is..."

Um...well lessee...you just USED it...what do you THINK it means?