RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite president

crackrat

Wanderer
if the job entails dealing with moral issues it is always better to have one doing that job to have morals.

funny clinton cheats its no big deal. gary hart cheats several years before and it costs him an election. kinda a two sided issue to be sure. unfortunatly theres alot of polititions with skeletons in thier closets.

best president Teddy for the win. dont really have any reason other than the national park system theat he helped get started.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
USG wasn't really that awesome of a president...
(good general, though...now if only the North had kept McClellan on as CiC...)

theformat

Wanderer
DreamCatcher said:
And how do you know that someone is cheating? UNLESS they get caught, he is just one that got caught...As long as they do their job running the country, I could care less what they do in their personal life.....
you dont want the president drinking all the time do you? its his personal life though...

Lord Kaza

Sorceror
My favorite is, ZACHARY TAYLOR ( Just kiddin, I said that because I am in someway related to him ) nah my favorite is probably Thomas Jefferson

and I dont like bush very much...

theformat

Wanderer
Lord Kaza said:
My favorite is, ZACHARY TAYLOR ( Just kiddin, I said that because I am in someway related to him ) nah my favorite is probably Thomas Jefferson

and I dont like bush very much...
:mad: grrrrrrrrrrrrr
:mad:

NiteStar

Wanderer
Well they could have elected Ben Franklin president, they say he deserves to be called "the father of our country" more than George Washington did due to the fact he had 37 illegitimate children.

We want out president to be above sins of the flesh yet it is an unwritten rule they MUST be married before the political parties will nominate him thus trapping him or even her in perhaps an unhappy marriage for the sake of public service.

Let's say we did elect a president and he and his wife have an understanding that he will take her to the White House as First Lady, a powerful position as well as prestigious place and all she has to do is play along for a few years. The understanding is private and personal and they make the bargain and also both are free to "privately" date someone else but the secret must be guarded.

Then one day there is a mistake, a date decides to collect physical evidence and then go public, big scandal and all because we hold a president to a higher standard than we ourselves can attain.

How do we spell hypocrite? I am unsure but the American public has been doing it for a couple centuries now.

Just a thought...................

TMS, saying someone "IS" something and that it doesnt need explanation is quite stupid. You have no facts to back that up, so we're gonna go ahead with you just not liking him for infedlity. Cause thats the only truthful thing youve said about him and actually proven.

theformat

Wanderer
when you get married you do the vowes and all that good stuff and the point is your only supposed to be with that one person and noone else even if you agree to date other people... thats just retarded if you want to date other people dont get married or get a divorce...

TMSTKSBK

Lord
No, it can't.

It is my considered opinion that being unfaithful is a good indication of deeper character flaws. So I dun like the guy cause I don't/can't trust him.

Second, he shames the nation and has the gall to act like nothing happened. If that's not arrogant, I am not sure what is...

Now. Accept my opinion and go to bed like a good boy.

Johabius

Knight
theformat said:
you dont want the president drinking all the time do you? its his personal life though...

Drinking affects your judgement on all levels, getting a blowjob in the oval office only reflects his bad judgement in who he got the favors from. Personally though, I liked Clinton, but on the other side of the coin I liked Ronald Reagan too. I guess I like a president that shows that he's human, and like all humans, are prone to make mistakes. I really gained a lot of respect towards President Bush this past week when he talked with his mouth full, greeted Tony Blair with a colloquial "Yo, Blair" and said over an open mic that "they need to get Syria to get Hezbollah to stop doing this s--- and it's over."
He truly spoke like he's one of the people of the United States and not a politcal puppet:)

Slayer706

Sorceror
If it wasn't for Taft you would all be working for two cents an hour still. Oh and monopolies would own the government (even moreso than today). Not to mention you would still be eating rat meat in your hot dogs......:eek: