RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite president

bzk90 said:
So a president, who is the head of our nation, the embodiment of the american people, is not allowed to enjoy the life style of the people he serves?

Does anybody besides me think this is fucked up?

Its like being the president of the gun club but not being allowed to fire your rifle because guns are dangerous...People and the press need to mind their own damn business. Clinton getting a blow job is not the concern of the american public. Does the press need to be informed every time I take a shit?

I agree! What happened with Clinton was between him and his wife, not the American people...The press had a feild day with that....They put him on national tv over his personal life and that was bs....

NiteStar

Wanderer
There was a time in this country we could have cared less who or even what the President was sleeping with and as mentioned earlier it is a well known fact that Kennedy slept around but the news wouldn't dare print it 1: because it would have ruined the paper 2: the country as a whole didn't care.

As long as the person in charge does a good job and is fair to the people I honestly could care less if he slept with a goat.

The President should serve the country and the people not just special interest groups.

Truman is/was thought of as a great president but it is rumored he didn't sleep with his wife and that in fact she was Gay, to be honest even if I had lived in those times as an adult I could have cared less, but that is just me and all are not alike in the way we feel.

NiteStar said:
There was a time in this country we could have cared less who or even what the President was sleeping with and as mentioned earlier it is a well known fact that Kennedy slept around but the news wouldn't dare print it 1: because it would have ruined the paper 2: the country as a whole didn't care.

As long as the person in charge does a good job and is fair to the people I honestly could care less if he slept with a goat.

The President should serve the country and the people not just special interest groups.

Truman is/was thought of as a great president but it is rumored he didn't sleep with his wife and that in fact she was Gay, to be honest even if I had lived in those times as an adult I could have cared less, but that is just me and all are not alike in the way we feel.

*Applauds NightStar* Well said! :D

Mifune

Sorceror
Anti-Basic said:
So Kennedy didn't have character?

And I'm still waiting for an example of unintelligence from Clinton...
How about commencing to order the USAF under the flag of NATO to bomb civilian targets in Kosovo, and blame the sudden surge of civilian refugees on ethnic cleansing by the Serbs?

And the fact that the real reason behind NATO's bombing campaign was to force Yugoslavia into allowing NATO to set up military bases and accept a de facto military occupation?

And the fact that he used the Monica Lewinsky scandal in order to take attention off of the illegal civilian bombing campaign in Yugoslavia?

Clinton shouldn't have been impeached for the Monica Lewinsky scandal. He should have been impeached for war crimes against Yugoslavian civilians and thrown in jail to rot along with Secretary of State Madeline Albright.

Presented July 31, 1999 at the Independent Commission of Inquiry

Civilian Casualties of NATO Bombs

By Sladjana R Dankovic

INTRODUCTION

In this summary, we examine the evidence gathered by the International Commission of Inquiry as to whether there was a deliberate effort by the NATO forces to target civilians during the bombing campaign of March 24 to June 11, 1999.

Our investigators were able to gather considerable documentary evidence of civilian casualties during the bombings of Yugoslavia, compiling a long list of names, places, and dates of innocent people killed. Refugee columns, buses, trains, bridges, markets, and apartment buildings were hit by NATO bombs, causing extensive casualties.

Investigators also looked more broadly at the war, and asked questions about the long-term impact of the bombing on Yugoslav civilians. This included the impact of the environmental devastation caused by the bombings and the targeting of civilian infrastructure, which will cause even more suffering, illness and deaths among the civilian population in the years to come.

We also looked at the actions of the Kosovo Liberation Army, which deliberately targeted civilians of all nationalities in a campaign of terror waged in Kosovo before, during and after the bombing campaign.

The extensive nature of the civilian targets would be enough to raise questions in anyone’s mind about the intent of the bombing campaign. In addition, virtually the entire press in the United States has noted the lack of damage to military targets in Yugoslavia during the bombing.

Finally, a letter from Human Rights Watch to NATO Secretary General Solana virtually accusing NATO of deliberately targeting civilians provided a useful legal reference for our work, and raised many questions about the illegal bombing campaign.
Read More

theformat

Wanderer
DontdroptheSOAD said:
Totally, I got a blowjob yesterday and noone hates me.
True, im not going to say anything about my personal life b/c it doesnt matter to anyone that owns a computer and an internet connection... but seriously...
When your a president its expected of you to not do stuff like this and every one of you know that no matter how immature you are :p

Asmir3

Sorceror
My Favorite President

Why bec we both likes the same things boobs :)

theformat said:
True, im not going to say anything about my personal life b/c it doesnt matter to anyone that owns a computer and an internet connection... but seriously...
When your a president its expected of you to not do stuff like this and every one of you know that no matter how immature you are :p

No, its not right...But even Clinton is human....EVERYONE makes mistakes even if they do hold some kind of title...What he did had no effect on how he ran the Country, that was his personal life and should of been kept between him and his wife.....As long as he did his job what he did in his personal life doesn't concern anyone....

I know at my job, what I do in my personal life is none of their business AS LONG as I am doing my job and doing it right....:)

NiteStar

Wanderer
DreamCatcher said:
No, its not right...But even Clinton is human....EVERYONE makes mistakes even if they do hold some kind of title...What he did had no effect on how he ran the Country, that was his personal life and should of been kept between him and his wife.....As long as he did his job what he did in his personal life doesn't concern anyone....

I know at my job, what I do in my personal life is none of their business AS LONG as I am doing my job and doing it right....:)

It is between a man and his wife or one partner and another not an entire country. We are all human, we all screw up and make mistakes each day and some of us screw up in a much larger way than others but it's still all the same.

If the person is doing the job and they do it to the best of their ability that is really all that matters.

If you want a totally moral president you may find yourself in trouble as they don't make anyone that would fit that particular bill. Being a Politician has all types of inherent dangers to a person and erosion of morals is just one of them.

theformat

Wanderer
NiteStar said:
It is between a man and his wife or one partner and another not an entire country. We are all human, we all screw up and make mistakes each day and some of us screw up in a much larger way than others but it's still all the same.

If the person is doing the job and they do it to the best of their ability that is really all that matters.

If you want a totally moral president you may find yourself in trouble as they don't make anyone that would fit that particular bill. Being a Politician has all types of inherent dangers to a person and erosion of morals is just one of them.
Very true. I wont disagree with hes human and he made mistakes. All mistakes should be forgiven...(god how i know that from my g/f) ... but the person leading my country i want them to be good. And you cant disagree with that.

theformat said:
"I know that my public comments and my silence about this matter gave a false impression. I misled people, including even my wife," Clinton said, his voice breaking slightly. "I deeply regret that."
Misled the country hes leading and his wife...
Cheating on your wife is not a sign of who i want to be my president... can you honestly say you dont want an honerable president?
http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1998/08/17/speech/clinton.conduct.wav
:p

And how do you know that someone is cheating? UNLESS they get caught, he is just one that got caught...As long as they do their job running the country, I could care less what they do in their personal life.....