RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Your Consideration

InOverMyHead;691416 said:
It's easier to hire a lawyer than you think. It doesn't matter how much money you have or how little money you have. Anyone can hire a lawyer, you just have to do some research.

That's about the best idea you've had since this thread was started. Although it will take just as much money for the Amnesty plan, if it passes.
The Feds would have to go through all the miles of piles of files and go to each recipient and find out if they really deserve welfare or not.
Yes, lawyers are free. Non-profit business. Always has been.

I swear that just made my day.

WarAngel

Wanderer
There are a shocking number of purportedly educated people who think that Mexican immigration is a new, more dangerous phase of American history because, well, there are so many of them! And they don't speak English! You can travel for an hour through their neighbourhoods without hearing anything but Spanish! ...
I can only think of one group that has managed to ruthlessly prevent assimilation, passing their strange religious customs, their language, and their clothes on generation after generation . . . a group that refuses to serve in the military, barely pays taxes, and frequently pulls its children out of school after eighth grade to keep them from getting Americanised. Not only that, but they have dominated their local area with their funny customs for years, pushing their unAmerican agenda on their neighbours.
That group is, of course, the Amish, and many of the same people complaining that Mexicans won't assimilate flock to Lancaster to take pictures of women in funny hats vending sticky-sweet food and overpriced handwork. Can someone explain this in terms that don't devolve into "But the Mexicans are brown"?
Can someone explain this in terms that don't devolve into "But the Mexicans are brown"?

Hahahahahahah.

New stats coming out! Illegal immigrants plug over $8 billion a year into social security!

InOverMyHead

Sorceror
WarAngel;691772 said:
Hahahahahahah.
New stats coming out! Illegal immigrants plug over $8 billion a year into social security!

It certainly isn't in their names and the numbers are fake or stolen, so that means all that money that these illegals are paying into S.S. is going into someone elses account. What a surprise for these people when they retire.

My husband told me that where he works, there were six women that worked there at the same time, had the same first name, the same middle name, the same last name, and the same social security number.

They must've had the same person make the fake driver's license, the fake birth certificate, and the fake Social Security card.

And I forgot to mention these six women with the same names and S.S. numbers were from the same town in Mexico.

I wonder whose S.S. account all this money went into?

Puron1794

Wanderer
That must've been quite some time ago. I've handled employee records for almost 10yrs now and it's impossible for an employer to pull taxes for FICA , SS, etc., multiple times, in a single pay cycle, on the same SS#.

It's illegal and the Federal Gov & IRS are all over your ass quick. So either the employer was paying them "under the table" or ,like I said, it must've been a long time ago when they may have been less strict.

WarAngel

Wanderer
InOverMyHead;692138 said:
It certainly isn't in their names and the numbers are fake or stolen, so that means all that money that these illegals are paying into S.S. is going into someone elses account. What a surprise for these people when they retire.

My husband told me that where he works, there were six women that worked there at the same time, had the same first name, the same middle name, the same last name, and the same social security number.

They must've had the same person make the fake driver's license, the fake birth certificate, and the fake Social Security card.

And I forgot to mention these six women with the same names and S.S. numbers were from the same town in Mexico.

I wonder whose S.S. account all this money went into?

I hope it went into mine. I'm not going to complain about free money.

What a lame fucking argument. Seriously, what the fuck is this?

WarAngel

Wanderer
Puron1794;692164 said:
That must've been quite some time ago. I've handled employee records for almost 10yrs now and it's impossible for an employer to pull taxes for FICA , SS, etc., multiple times, in a single pay cycle, on the same SS#.

It's illegal and the Federal Gov & IRS are all over your ass quick. So either the employer was paying them "under the table" or ,like I said, it must've been a long time ago when they may have been less strict.

Please, don't leave this topic. We need people with experience dealing with related fields to tell it like it is.

PappaSmurf

Knight
Puron1794;692164 said:

That dosen't stop several employeers from pulling those taxes during the same period of time. If someone in Kansas was using my SSN, Name, and what not to gain employment it would probably not be looked into. The Federal government is not required to inform you if they believe you SSN is being used by another person and they don't.

Another thing I have issues with is how many States are trying to "Help" but the means they are introducing actually makes it harder to a US Citizen to do basic things like acquire a Drivers Liscenes. For example Tuesday I went to change my DL from Ohio to Georgia.....I got turned away because although I had 5 forms of ID I didn't have a Certified Birth Certificate. Yet for an immigrant they only require proof of residence (Utility bill, Check Stub ect.) and to be show a Resident Alien Card....which is one of the most forged and often quite well forged document in circulation in the US. I watched yesterday when I returned as some immigrants showed there's...No calling in to verify it, no running anything through a system just looked and handed it back, and these people had to have a translator. Now I'm about as white as you can get, and talk with a mild southern accent (well mild for the area I'm from), yet with 5 of their listed documents from both the Federal Government, and another State in addition to Check Stubs, Bills and what not I was turned away. It's a shame I have to go through harsher measures to prove I was born here than for someone to prove they were not.

WarAngel

Wanderer
PappaSmurf;692410 said:
That dosen't stop several employeers from pulling those taxes during the same period of time. If someone in Kansas was using my SSN, Name, and what not to gain employment it would probably not be looked into. The Federal government is not required to inform you if they believe you SSN is being used by another person and they don't.

Millions of people are victims of identity theft every year. How you can twist that into an argument against "amnesty", I don't know. I'm not even sure why this is such a problem for you, as they are only using your name to plug money into your SSN. You act as if the government will notice two people using the same SSN and throw YOU in jail, despite the fact that you can easily prove that you are you.

Another thing I have issues with is how many States are trying to "Help" but the means they are introducing actually makes it harder to a US Citizen to do basic things like acquire a Drivers Liscenes. For example Tuesday I went to change my DL from Ohio to Georgia.....I got turned away because although I had 5 forms of ID I didn't have a Certified Birth Certificate. Yet for an immigrant they only require proof of residence (Utility bill, Check Stub ect.) and to be show a Resident Alien Card....which is one of the most forged and often quite well forged document in circulation in the US. I watched yesterday when I returned as some immigrants showed there's...No calling in to verify it, no running anything through a system just looked and handed it back, and these people had to have a translator. Now I'm about as white as you can get, and talk with a mild southern accent (well mild for the area I'm from), yet with 5 of their listed documents from both the Federal Government, and another State in addition to Check Stubs, Bills and what not I was turned away. It's a shame I have to go through harsher measures to prove I was born here than for someone to prove they were not.

Totally unrelated. You were transferring your driver's license from one state to another, and I'll bet $50 that the immigrant wasn't doing anything of the sort. In fact, I know that, because Georgian requirements state that immigrants must have a valid passport and valid immigration papers in order to apply for a new license or transfer an old license.

PappaSmurf

Knight
WarAngel;692469 said:
Millions of people are victims of identity theft every year. How you can twist that into an argument against "amnesty", I don't know. I'm not even sure why this is such a problem for you, as they are only using your name to plug money into your SSN. You act as if the government will notice two people using the same SSN and throw YOU in jail, despite the fact that you can easily prove that you are you.

I know good and well I can prove I'm me, it's that if my identity is stolen it can be used for other things as well, anything from Credit Cards to acquiring a loan, or medical assistance. Someone might be plugging money into my SSN but what else are they using it for? The fact that the government preaches on protection against Identity Theft, yet when there is a suspect case such as the same SSN being used in different states for employment at the same time they don't and aren't require to inform or investigate into finding who is the actual person assigned that SSN is kinda retarded.

As for Georgia... they are changing their system, a Resident immigrant who isn't naturalized yet only has to show one of the following in addition to proof of residence (I have a copy of GA's list of accepted documents in my hand at the moment).

Valid Passport containing vias & I-94 or valid I-551 stamp
Resident Alien Card
Employment Authorization Card

Courageous

Wanderer
I think "tolerance" is much more vital.

I totally agree. Except for a minor, albeit critical nit: tolerance of intolerance is about the most foolish thing any tolerant nation can do.

Note that this segues back into the point of this Australian fellow who says that wanting Australia under Sharia is unacceptable. I agree. Feel the same way about people who don't want our Constitutional system of government here in a America, and struggle to destroy.

One problem with the Australian fellow's message is that he diluted his message by mixing in his own brand of intolerism (his hint at Christian preferences at his nation state level).

I suppose that any Nation has a right to its culture, so to speak, but picking your own brand of intolerance is hardly going to strike others as a good example.

My preference is more like this: "we have freedom of religion here; you don't like that, GET OUT!"

C//

WarAngel

Wanderer
PappaSmurf;692564 said:
I know good and well I can prove I'm me, it's that if my identity is stolen it can be used for other things as well, anything from Credit Cards to acquiring a loan, or medical assistance. Someone might be plugging money into my SSN but what else are they using it for? The fact that the government preaches on protection against Identity Theft, yet when there is a suspect case such as the same SSN being used in different states for employment at the same time they don't and aren't require to inform or investigate into finding who is the actual person assigned that SSN is kinda retarded.

I'm not arguing against stopping SSN or saying that immigrants don't commit this kind of crime, but you are trying to take other problems and blame them all on immigrants, and stretch the offense itself. Unacceptable. Find real arguments.

Courageous

Wanderer
<i>How you can twist that into an argument against "amnesty", I don't know.</i>

I'm very pro-immigrant. Immigrants headed into the country is better than jobs headed out of the country, trust me on this.

That said, if the state knows that an illegal has used false ID's, they should never be granted legal residency. Ever.

Felons: not welcome here.

C//

4RK3TYP3

Wanderer
I'm going to say it again for dramatic effect. Immigrants aren't the problem, Illegal Immigrants are the problem. If people from Europe and Asia can come over legally, then so can the border hoppers. I'm all for immigration, just not illegally.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Courageous;692687 said:
<i>How you can twist that into an argument against "amnesty", I don't know.</i>

I'm very pro-immigrant. Immigrants headed into the country is better than jobs headed out of the country, trust me on this.

That said, if the state knows that an illegal has used false ID's, they should never be granted legal residency. Ever.

Felons: not welcome here.

C//

I agree, but he's not using it as an argument for making sure specific immigrants aren't given amnesty, he's using it as an argument against all of them.

PappaSmurf

Knight
WarAngel;692613 said:
I'm not arguing against stopping SSN or saying that immigrants don't commit this kind of crime, but you are trying to take other problems and blame them all on immigrants, and stretch the offense itself. Unacceptable. Find real arguments.

I'm not blaming this on all immigrants, why would a legal immigrant need my SSN? This is an example of what is happening within the Illegal Communities and also among shall we say less moral characters in US Society in general. Here's a better example...a friend of mine, he went to apply for a job at a competitive company to the one he worked at. When he applied they informed him he already worked for them.....Someone there was using his Name, and SSN to gain employment. It turns out it was an illegal immigrant that bought his information from someone that worked at a business my friend dealt with at one point. Now if the Government was required to inform, in so much as sending a letter out to say "We're showing your paying taxes through 2 different employers.", it would mean that he would have knows over a year prior instead of random chance leading up to this.

I myself have had to argue with Cell phone companies because they showed an account with them based on my SSN. It's absurd to think that in many cases at least with stolen identity being used to gain employment the Government isn't required to inform you in any way when your SSN is listed with different companies as paying in taxes. Not everyone works 2-3-4 jobs....

4RK3TYP3;692693 said:
I'm going to say it again for dramatic effect. Immigrants aren't the problem, Illegal Immigrants are the problem. If people from Europe and Asia can come over legally, then so can the border hoppers. I'm all for immigration, just not illegally.
Legal immigration is far too corrupt and fucked up for the people who really need to be here to get in legally. It's only easy for the rich drug dealers (south america, not europe).

Noone would actually be FOR Illegal immigration, but until legal 'immigration' is fixed, It's something I and many are willing to allow.

WarAngel

Wanderer
PappaSmurf;692697 said:
I'm not blaming this on all immigrants, why would a legal immigrant need my SSN? This is an example of what is happening within the Illegal Communities and also among shall we say less moral characters in US Society in general. Here's a better example...a friend of mine, he went to apply for a job at a competitive company to the one he worked at. When he applied they informed him he already worked for them.....Someone there was using his Name, and SSN to gain employment. It turns out it was an illegal immigrant that bought his information from someone that worked at a business my friend dealt with at one point. Now if the Government was required to inform, in so much as sending a letter out to say "We're showing your paying taxes through 2 different employers.", it would mean that he would have knows over a year prior instead of random chance leading up to this.

The government is required to inform. You leave out key details. How long ago had the immigrant bought his SSN?

Courageous

Wanderer
I agree, but he's not using it as an argument for making sure specific immigrants aren't given amnesty, he's using it as an argument against all of them.

Sure. They broke our laws to be here. It's easy to argue against that. I'm not against that, because it's a victimless crime. I.e., I would say that illegal immigration isn't a crime at all, no matter what black letter law says. It's more of a tort, kind of like a traffic ticket. Nobody calls someone who has gotten a speeding ticket a "criminal".

There is this larger issue of rate controls on cultural injection. I.e., outsiders coming in can change the nature of who we are.... coming it at slower paces mean more that we change the nature of who they are. Each nation has a right to set that pace, either which way.

C//