RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Your Consideration

InOverMyHead

Sorceror
Anti-Basic;693297 said:
ahh yes, we men are too proud to cut and run we'll sit and argue no matter how clear it is that we're wrong. Perfect reason to have a woman president.

That comment is going to come back and bite you in the ass big time.

Courageous

Wanderer
Anti-Basic;693297 said:
ahh yes, we men are too proud to cut and run we'll sit and argue no matter how clear it is that we're wrong. Perfect reason to have a woman president.

Holy shit! You think Hillary is a woman?!?!?

Ha.

C//

Actually no. I'd hate her as a president. If we're going to have a woman president, you want her to be strong and able to think for herself.

Hillary Clinton forgave her husband for cheating on her multiple times. Most people love their significant other more than their country. So that begs to question, what is she going to do if we get attacked? Forgive them too?

Condoleeza Rice is out of the question too. She's anything but independent. She's nothing more than Bush's little blowjob.

Barack Obama all the way. Though I wouldn't mind McCain too much either. Barack will get us out of war. McCain will get us out of AND win the war. But I agree with Barack more on other things.

Whats funny is they are both in second place for their respective parties so I most likely won't see either. But yeah, no woman president till we get one with balls. Figuratively speaking of course.

Courageous

Wanderer
Anti-Basic;693337 said:
Barack Obama all the way.

When all the Obama hooplah was first getting going, I went rifling through various sites and the like, attempting to see what it was all about. The issue I have with the gentleman is that he has the nicest, most thoughtful, polite, cant-we-all-get-along way of saying absolutely nothing. He has no platform to speak of, makes little statement on the issues of the day, gives me no clue what he wants for our country other than politely avoiding confrontation and keeping the status quo undisturbed and in place.

Better him than Hillary, I suppose.

Hillary scares me. I have a deep seated suspicion that she's really a communist at heart. Alas, all indications are that she will be the Democrat nominee, so no Obama to vote for, he's out.

I think I'll be voting for Mr. G.

C//

Sure he does. Look harder. And watch the news, don't trust the internet too much, I remember there was a dispute over someone else using his mysace page awhile back. He's not Al Gore, after all, har har.

The sad part about Hillary is that I think much her poularity is from some women who dont give a shit about her actual viewpoints but just want to have woman in office for the sake of having a woman in office.

Guiliani strikes me too much as a politician and less of a person... hes also far too liberal in the few ways I'm conservative (ie abortion, gun control)...and whats worse is that hes personally against some of those things. He plays to the masses too much for my tastes... Then again most of them do that. He just seems to do it more.. or is more overt about it at any rate.

but yes, in all respects he's still better than Hillary.

WarAngel

Wanderer
InOverMyHead;693289 said:
She said that she came to this country illegally 20 years ago. The last five years she had been working on becoming an American citizen and she finally did it. More Power To Her. I wish her and her family nothing but the best.

Great. Then we'll just block anti-immigration legislation and push illegals to become legal. Then, in 20 years when they are finally legal (because the backlog of our immigration system prevents even those applying LEGALLY from getting even a greencard for 10+ years in a majority of situations unless you have a business connection), you will want more power to them. Or is this just one of those things where you say "more power to her" so that you don't look like quite an asshole, and wouldn't really think "more power to her" were everyone to do the same thing that woman did?

WarAngel

Wanderer
Courageous;693339 said:
When all the Obama hooplah was first getting going, I went rifling through various sites and the like, attempting to see what it was all about. The issue I have with the gentleman is that he has the nicest, most thoughtful, polite, cant-we-all-get-along way of saying absolutely nothing. He has no platform to speak of, makes little statement on the issues of the day, gives me no clue what he wants for our country other than politely avoiding confrontation and keeping the status quo undisturbed and in place.

Better him than Hillary, I suppose.

Hillary scares me. I have a deep seated suspicion that she's really a communist at heart. Alas, all indications are that she will be the Democrat nominee, so no Obama to vote for, he's out.

I think I'll be voting for Mr. G.

C//

None of them have a proposed platform. They are all hidden ideals with a few messages they front. You say that you think for voting for Rudy, whose platform so far has been "9/11 happened and I was there!!!!", while saying that there is no platform for anyone else. Wow.

I started the election season thinking I would vote for Giuliani. Then I listened to his pandering to Christianists and I almost puked all over myself.

YouTube - No More Manipulation - Ron Paul 4 Pres 08 (I don't endorse Ron Paul, by the way. He was pretty awesome, until he proposed the removal of the federal reserve.)

Please, reconsider.

Courageous

Wanderer
Mr. Cynical here. You're assuming that Mr. P. will be a choice. We have a primaries system... FYI. Anything can change between now and then, but at the moment the choices appear likely to be:

Mz. "Comrade" H.
Mr. "I was there!" G.

C//

WarAngel

Wanderer
Courageous;693412 said:
Mr. Cynical here. You're assuming that Mr. P. will be a choice. We have a primaries system... FYI.

I know. I already stated that I don't endorse him, nor do I want him to win (though if I could choose him over some of the other science-denying, insane christianist candidates the Republicans could possibly run, I'd easily go with him). That's just in the video.

Anything can change between now and then, but at the moment the choices appear likely to be:

Mz. "Comrade" H.
Mr. "I was there!" G.

C//

Quite unfortunate, though I doubt she would turn out to be anywhere near as "Communist" as people like to say. She has a party that would lean on her heavily to make them look good and a re-election to look at. Second term, maybe. He's in a party that lives and breathes fascism as of late, so being scary is his goal. Whether that's good or not... no, it's probably not good.

Courageous

Wanderer
Perhaps we could agree that with our current political landscape, best course of action is to "kill them all, and let God sort them out."

?

:)

C//

WarAngel

Wanderer
Courageous;693441 said:
Perhaps we could agree that with our current political landscape, best course of action is to "kill them all, and let God sort them out."

?

:)

C//

With a very, very, very small number of exceptions, I agree with you. ;D

Puron1794

Wanderer
Anti-Basic;693290 said:
so basically... your tactic for any thread is to just bring new irrelevant information to it instead of countering the arguments against you? Youve done the sam,e in the abortion thread.

Srsly..I hate agreeing with you..but once again I have no choice.
If you're going to actively argue a point, and pick a drastic "side", at least back it up solidly.

InOverMyHead

Sorceror
WarAngel;693375 said:
Great. Then we'll just block anti-immigration legislation and push illegals to become legal. Then, in 20 years when they are finally legal (because the backlog of our immigration system prevents even those applying LEGALLY from getting even a greencard for 10+ years in a majority of situations unless you have a business connection), you will want more power to them. Or is this just one of those things where you say "more power to her" so that you don't look like quite an asshole, and wouldn't really think "more power to her" were everyone to do the same thing that woman did?

I'll say it ONE MORE TIME and maybe this time you'll get it.

Any person or persons coming into this country is perfectly welcome as long as they do it legally. Hundreds of thousands have done it.

She said that she came to this country illegally 20 years ago. The last five years she had been working on becoming an American citizen and she finally did it.

From one asshole to another, WarAngel, I meant what I said. I wish nothing but the best for her and her family. And yes, More power to her. She did the right thing. She became a legal citizen.

InOverMyHead

Sorceror
Just because one doesn't AGREE with another view doesn't mean that they don't see or consider the other view.

By not discussing it, no one can persuade someone else to change their opinion.

These are discussion forums. Hence, why people post here. And discuss.

The above was posted by HellRazor in Paternal Abortion Rights thread.

The same reason I started this thread. Not for statistics.

For opinions and discussion.

If I don't happen to agree with you, or, you with me doesn't make either of us wrong. We just have different views. (WarAngel, Anti-Basic) and that is a Good Thing.

WarAngel

Wanderer
InOverMyHead;693547 said:
From one asshole to another, WarAngel, I meant what I said. I wish nothing but the best for her and her family. And yes, More power to her. She did the right thing. She became a legal citizen.

THAT'S WHAT THE FUCK WE ARE TRYING TO GET THEM TO DO. SHE DID NOT COME TO THE COUNTRY LEGALLY, SHE CAME HERE ILLEGALLY AND THEN APPLIED TO BECOME A CITIZEN. YOU COMMEND HER FOR THAT, YET WHEN WE SUGGEST THAT OTHER ILLEGALS DO IT (AND WE EVEN WANT THEM TO GIVE US MONEY IN THE PROCESS), YOU CONDEMN US AS GIVING AMNESTY AND WANT TO KICK THEM ALL OUT. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOUR BRAIN?

Seriously, do you not see anything illogical in what you are saying at all?

(All caps are way cool.)

If I don't happen to agree with you, or, you with me doesn't make either of us wrong. We just have different views. (WarAngel, Anti-Basic) and that is a Good Thing.

What a total copout. You can be wrong in any argument, whether opinion-based or not.

HellRazor

Knight
WarAngel;693567 said:
What a total copout. You can be wrong in any argument, whether opinion-based or not.

True enough. What I was getting at is something like this:

Me: I don't agree with making abortions illegal.

Someone else: But it should be made illegal because you are ending a life.

Me: (Considers the information) I can see where you might feel that way. But I don't agree that a life is being ended. And even if it was, it is better for someone to not be born than to be born to a parent who doesn't want it, and can't support it.

In that case, I can see the other viewpoint and understand it, but I don't necessarily adopt it as my own. But I don't ignore the information. I provide other reasons of my own and a counterarguement about what is considered "life".

On the contrary, this would be different:

Me: I think there should be no amnesty because amnesty will cost the taxpayers billions of dollars.

Someone else: A study conducted by an independent panel of experts estimates that the cost to the taxpayer will be less than $100,000.

Me: I think there should be no amnesty because amnesty will cost the taxpayers billions of dollars.

In this situation, I heard new facts, and didn't argue the validity of the facts, I just ignored them. In this case, unless I can prove otherwise, I am clearly wrong about the cost to the taxpayer, and my opinion is either based on a false belief or on a personal bias.

Courageous

Wanderer
WarAngel;693567 said:
THAT'S WHAT THE FUCK WE ARE TRYING TO GET THEM TO DO. SHE DID NOT COME TO THE COUNTRY LEGALLY, SHE CAME HERE ILLEGALLY AND THEN APPLIED TO BECOME A CITIZEN. YOU COMMEND HER FOR THAT, YET WHEN WE SUGGEST THAT OTHER ILLEGALS DO IT (AND WE EVEN WANT THEM TO GIVE US MONEY IN THE PROCESS), YOU CONDEMN US AS GIVING AMNESTY AND WANT TO KICK THEM ALL OUT. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOUR BRAIN?.

Often wished for Slashdot moderation tag:

Mod +1: Deliciously deserved inflammatory remark

*arr arr*

C//

Courageous

Wanderer
WarAngel;693418 said:
Quite unfortunate, though I doubt she would turn out to be anywhere near as "Communist" as people like to say.

I have a long memory.

During her husband's initial presidential bid, she was the primary driver of the proposed health care system. In the proposal, there was this bit about making it illegal for citizens to pay for their own health care, outside of the scope of the system. Tried and died communists have a penchant for preventing escape, I've noticed. She showed her true colors, there.

I'll never, ever forgive that attempt to attack our liberties.

C//

InOverMyHead;693547 said:
I'll say it ONE MORE TIME and maybe this time you'll get it.

Yeah it only took her what? 20 years. By thye time they get legal, theyve already pooped out kids and given up on Education.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Yay. Thanks to racial intolerance from the right, we'll now hold off on even discussing this issue again until 2009. Woohoo for millions upon millions of more illegals.