RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Your Consideration

Courageous

Wanderer
I think the pundits analyzed this one right. The American people were opposed. And, ahem, both houses belong to the Dems at the moment. FYI.

C//

WarAngel

Wanderer
Courageous;694004 said:
I think the pundits analyzed this one right. The American people were opposed.

The American people, liberals and conservatives both, were opposed to the bill in its current form. But of course, instead of amending it or creating a new bill, we'll just put it aside until 2009. THAT will solve a whole lot of problems.

And, ahem, both houses belong to the Dems at the moment. FYI.

Majority means nothing in the Senate. 60 votes are needed to pass anything.

InOverMyHead

Sorceror
WarAngel;693567 said:
THAT'S WHAT THE FUCK WE ARE TRYING TO GET THEM TO DO. SHE DID NOT COME TO THE COUNTRY LEGALLY, SHE CAME HERE ILLEGALLY AND THEN APPLIED TO BECOME A CITIZEN. YOU COMMEND HER FOR THAT, YET WHEN WE SUGGEST THAT OTHER ILLEGALS DO IT (AND WE EVEN WANT THEM TO GIVE US MONEY IN THE PROCESS), YOU CONDEMN US AS GIVING AMNESTY AND WANT TO KICK THEM ALL OUT. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOUR BRAIN?

Seriously, do you not see anything illogical in what you are saying at all?

(All caps are way cool.)

What a total copout. You can be wrong in any argument, whether opinion-based or not.[/quote

Her citizenship wasn't handed to her. She worked damn hard for it and I commend her for that.

Hmm... What's wrong with my brain?... Millions of Americans must have the same problem with their brains. The Senate switchboard had to be shut down yesterday because it was overloaded with calls from legal citizens telling their Senators to Secure the Borders and Enforce existing Immigration laws. Oh,... and... NO AMNESTY!!!

But I guess that point is Moot now, isn't it!

WarAngel

Wanderer
Her citizenship wasn't handed to her. She worked damn hard for it and I commend her for that.

It was handed to her. Here's what happened:

She entered into the US illegally. She got an illegal job. She applied for citizenship. She was granted citizenship.

Here's what we suggest:

Illegals have entered into the US illegally. They have received illegal jobs. We want them to apply for citizenship. Then they will be granted citizenship.

See where you're being illogical? You're saying it's cool for her, but not cool for anyone else. Is it because she a woman? I have no idea.

Hmm... What's wrong with my brain?... Millions of Americans must have the same problem with their brains. The Senate switchboard had to be shut down yesterday because it was overloaded with calls from legal citizens telling their Senators to Secure the Borders and Enforce existing Immigration laws.

Fine. Let millions more in until 2009 (when the issue will be DISCUSSED next, so real action probably won't take place until 2010, if that) instead of trying to sensibly deal with the issue. I don't give a flying fuck. As for your "moot point" bullshit, you have absolutely no way to prove what any of them were calling about. I've already stated once that the bill has problems that needed to be worked out, but instead of trying to do that, conservative senators shut it down to make sure there could be no discussion whatsoever.

Oh,... and... NO AMNESTY!!![/B]

You're right about that one. There will be no amnesty, nor will there be mass deportation. You are trying to rub it in, but what you fail to realize is that we both lost. I lost because we were not able to pave the way for even good, hard-working, law-abiding illegals to gain citizenship (who you stated in this VERY post you enjoy seeing citizenship given to), and you lost because there is absolutely no end in sight to mass illegal immigration. So really, you lost twice. Yet, you're excited as can be. Yet another display of how well you think things through.

WarAngel

Wanderer
TMSTKSBK;694143 said:
No, I honestly don't. That line of thought makes -0 sense.

Okay, I forgot that you are extremely thick (quite literally, Mr. Chairs). They are law-abiding in the sense that they follow our laws once they arrive, which would have been pretty clear if you'd stop being Madame Drama for a single day.

Courageous

Wanderer
"Law abiding illegals" is an amusing oxymoron, and a hilarious and unfortunate turn of phrase worthy of an excuse to make fun. However, one cannot credibly claim not to understand what is meant if English is one's first language...

However, since various and sundry transparently affect to need help with their language, what our tenebrously literate friend War Angel meant here was "otherwise law abiding illegal immigrants."

C//

Courageous

Wanderer
Anti-Basic;694145 said:
99% of people have had a traffic ticket... so by your standards none of us are technically law abiding.

And we haven't even started on moral issues, now have we? Shall I say it?
*gasp* Masturbation. And don't even get me started with donkeys, dahling.

C//

Courageous;694154 said:
And we haven't even started on moral issues, now have we? Shall I say it?
*gasp* Masturbation. And don't even get me started with donkeys, dahling.

C//
There's laws against maturbation? I know in some states its illegal to do it in the butt or the mouth, and in Arizona you cant own more than 2 Dildos, but Masturbation? As in with just your hand? Outrageous.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Anti-Basic;694159 said:
There's laws against maturbation? I know in some states its illegal to do it in the butt or the mouth, and in Arizona you cant own more than 2 Dildos, but Masturbation? As in with just your hand? Outrageous.

"And we haven't even started on moral issues"

:p

oh I thought he meant laws that were actuallty morally wrong... as in not traffic tickets and illegal immigration. Or masturabtion, if such laws exist.

Johabius

Knight
WarAngel;694140 said:
You know what I mean when I say that. Fuck you bitches.
Of course I know what you mean. Although, since you are a good debater, you should never leave yourself open to that type of interpretation.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Courageous;694153 said:
"Law abiding illegals" is an amusing oxymoron, and a hilarious and unfortunate turn of phrase worthy of an excuse to make fun. However, one cannot credibly claim not to understand what is meant if English is one's first language...

However, since various and sundry transparently affect to need help with their language, what our tenebrously literate friend War Angel meant here was "otherwise law abiding illegal immigrants."

C//

Thanks for clearing that up.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
WarAngel;694148 said:
They are law-abiding in the sense that they follow our laws once they arrive.

You are an excellent ad hominem debater. Please excuse me for ever thinking that you could be wrong.

I boiled your post down some. Unfortunately, 25% of our prison population nationally is composed of illegals who have committed some additional crime beyond coming into the country.

Now, considering that illegals are equivalent to 6% of the US population as a whole (18/300 million)...that's quite disturbing.

So, to say that all these people want to do is come here and get a job and work hard...is patently absurd. Some of them certainly do. Some of them are hard-working driven individuals that characterize the American self-sufficient ethos much better than most Americans do. However, a significantly large portion of these people are, frankly, criminals any way you slice it.

I'm not terribly fond of living in a country that criminals can flock to, and easily gain entrance into. I'm sure there are many others that feel the same way. And then to grant all these possibly millions of criminals immediate citizenship? That makes no sense at all.

Sure, nobody "won" when the immigration bill died. But the only people that lost were idiots to begin with (and yes, that includes President Bush).

Courageous

Wanderer
TMSTKSBK;694218 said:
Unfortunately, 25% of our prison population nationally is composed of illegals who have committed some additional crime beyond coming into the country.

What's the source for your prison population statistic? The US Bureau of Justice Statistics (part of the Department of Justice), says this:

"About 4% of State prison inmates were not U.S. citizens at yearend 2001."

At first glance, therefore, your 25% figure would appear to be impossible.

Source: Bureau of Justice Statistics Criminal Offenders Statistics

C//