RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FS Shrink System w/ Taming Craft

RoninGT

Sorceror
Update the system again.

Fixed bug with players unshrinking a pack animal and its pack not being accessable.

Changed weight of the shirnk items to 25 stones to prevent players from storing tons of shrunken pets in thier backpacks. (Per requests)

Want to give thanks to flowerbudd for her help and reporting on pack bug.

Ronin

Reggie

Wanderer
what would i have to change to get all shrunk animals to be unshrunk by anyone, and the evolutiondragon only by the owner ?

Llyrwech

Sorceror
A small bug I noticed which I'm not sure you've yet addressed: shrunken bio-engineered creatures retain none of their specific statii: skills, attacks, and all booleans for whether or not crystals can be used. It's a simple matter of adding a few variables to the shrink check, and I shall fix this for my own version, then post the necessary modifications. However, as the bio-engineering comes with this shrink system, it's best that one support the other.

Over-all, excellent work. I'm impressed, intrigued, and inspired.

Safe journeys,
Llyrwech

RoninGT

Sorceror
Well ill have to check the scripts again, but i thought i had it so they could not be shrunk, The system was never meant to shrink bio pets in order to give them a bit of a disadvantage. (Unnatural pets cannot be shrunk.) :p
But ill look again.

However if you have changed the scripts to let them be shrunk this is why they are not saving values. Your welcome to add in the code to support this if you like.

Ronin

Llyrwech

Sorceror
Ahhhhhh, well, that makes sense and, frankly, I agree with the decision. I haven't changed the system to allow it, but I think I know what DID happen: rather than using the potion, I've been using the GM command. Most likely, it circumvents this rule as much as it does most others. So long as I don't risk complaints from players, I'm happy with the scripts as they are, then.

Thank you, however, for humouring the misinformed. Again, top-quality system, and I look forward to future projects of yours.

Now, if I can just get back to working on my sorcery system...

Safe journeys,
Llyrwech

Well i downloaded this to see how it is, lol sounds realy cool, i got a server with no other custioms just this would be the only thing yet i follow all directions and i get errors that fill the entired screen of the server status window and make my eyes glaze over trying to fix it lol,
got it down to 1 error, then fix that and 50 more pop up lol
can u suggest somthing for me pls,

Llyrwech

Sorceror
Well, for one thing, the current system comes set, as default, to accept the Evolution Dragon. I haven't looked enough at the code to say for certain, but it may be erroring looking for the Evolution Dragon class which, according to your reports, doesn't exist on your computer. You'd have to go into the shrink scripts and edit out any reference to the Evolution Dragon. Either that, or add the Evolution Dragon to your server. The latter may be easier for you, depending on your C# experience.

If neither of those solves the problem, give us an example of your error and I'm sure any number of us can help you out.

Safe journeys,
Llyrwech

flowerbudd

Sorceror
Ok we kept having a crash a few days back, and my admin determined it was someone stealing items off the BioLord , she tested it again when the server came back and sure enough as soon as she tried, we crashed.
Code:
Exception:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: maxValue must be greater than zero.
Parameter name: maxValue
   at System.Random.Next(Int32 maxValue)
   at Server.Utility.Random(Int32 from, Int32 count)
   at Server.SkillHandlers.StealingTarget.TryStealItem(Item toSteal, Boolean& caught)
   at Server.SkillHandlers.StealingTarget.OnTarget(Mobile from, Object target)
   at Server.Targeting.Target.Invoke(Mobile from, Object targeted)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.TargetResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

akninsa

Sorceror
Packhorses

Just got this system running on my server. Possible bug - Anyone else having problems with pack horses back packs not working after unshrink?

flowerbudd

Sorceror
Akninsa... A fix was posted this for the other day, you need to download again and update yout files with the newly edited ones.

RoninGT

Sorceror
Thanks flowerbudd for that info... Just a lil info on whats coming I am doing a totaly over haul on the bio system its self. and bio lords will not be in it.. however i will looking into a fix ASAP for you all but the bio system will take drastic changes in the next update... Crystals will no longer be used. Thats all the teaser i am gonna put for now but ill get on that bugs asap

thanks again

Ronin

EDIT: flowerbudd is right. there is a fix out now.. Download the latest ver, and If anyone is haveing trouble installing the system please PM me with your problem or post it here ill do my best to help you.

flowerbudd

Sorceror
well ergh...the beetle back pack opens but as of yesterday, the lady bug and mule and light war horses packs will not open
The above from my admin as report on the taming system. Apparently as of yesterday some of the backpacked animals no longer open up.

RoninGT

Sorceror
Its only set up for normal pack animals.. horse, llamas, beetles etc Go into ShrinkItem.cs and add in your custom packies :) here is the line you will want to edit.

Code:
					if ( pet is PackLlama || pet is PackHorse || pet is Beetle )
					{

I dont now the class names of your customs however this is a example of what you should do

Code:
					if ( pet is PackLlama || pet is PackHorse || pet is Beetle || pet is LadyBug || pet is LightWarHorse || pet is Mule  )
					{

I hope this helps you.
If you need any other help PM me and ill see if i can make up a custom ShrinkItem for you :)

Hope this helps

EDIT: If you have those custom packies you will also want to check out PetLeash.cs HitchingPost.cs and PetShrinkPotion.cs so when players shrink them it will check they custom packes for items so they dont lose them apon shrinking.

Ronin

woah eyes still glazing over took all your advice and stuff, just didn't work, even got lazy and got evol draggys to try to fix that problem, didn't work, i got that druid system from the spellbooks 2.0 scripts, but the problem seems to range from missing scrolls after i put it in for the evil druid lord dudes, to a mail system i added to help test i'm just extremly lost and dont' know where to begain lol srry but trying to figure this out, i'm pretty new i guess

akninsa

Sorceror
Thank you

Thank you for the info, I didn't look for a post, my bad.

To answer the other question. The first few times I tried I followed the readme. After that I installed again and forgot to follow the readme. It worked with straight install of taming folder, distros, and everything else to customs folder.

Dr Sumo

Wanderer
Shrink System-How to Bless Pets

Hi, I'm trying to get it so that when you shrink a pet (Specifically one of those evo dragons) they will become blessed. I am using a pet leash instead of shrink potions, dont know if that makes much of a difference but w/e any help will be appreciated.

RoninGT

Sorceror
Let me make sure i am under standing you first

You want it so when you shrink and evo dragon it becomes blessed (as in invul) cause the shrink items loottypes are already blessed.

Ronin