RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can i start my own UO shard?

stormwolff

Knight
Vitas;705911 said:
would i have to change my ip in the serverlist?

No, the dynamic domains only tell people connecting that name.dynamic.com or whatever you choose points to your ip number 217.293.111.20 or whatever it may be.

Vitas

Sorceror
kk thanks!!!

what if another gm guy wants to edit my scripts or create scripts to my shard. were and how would he put them on my computer or on his? is there a program that can do put scripts that he made on my computer? or he just going to keep them on his pc? :)

stormwolff

Knight
Vitas;705966 said:
kk thanks!!!

what if another gm guy wants to edit my scripts or create scripts to my shard. were and how would he put them on my computer or on his? is there a program that can do put scripts that he made on my computer? or he just going to keep them on his pc? :)

A few simple ways to do what you want to do:

You can email the files back and forth.
You can setup an ftp server and let him connect via an ftp client.
You can setup an SVN server and let him connect via an SVN client.

Email would probably be easiest based on your experience level. FTP isn't that hard though, SVN would be the hardest of the 3 to setup, but he easiest to do what you want to do.

Vitas

Sorceror
how and were do i get fies? i don't know about that i just heard from a friend but he won't help me at all....

stormwolff

Knight
Vitas;705976 said:
how and were do i get fies? i don't know about that i just heard from a friend but he won't help me at all....

Files for what?

Email? Sign up at www.gmail.com
Ftp? Google for ftp sever & ftp client
SVN? Google for SVN Server & SVN client

All of the above are seperate from RunUO.

stormwolff

Knight
Vitas;706038 said:
Hey would players have to stop patching around 5.0.9.1. or just me?

Well that is really a 2 part answer.

If you choose to stick with an older version of RunUO (1.0 or RC1) yes everyone who wishes to play on your server would need to be running a version below 6.0.1.6.

5.0.9.1 is a great one to stop at because it also is before any map changes were done to the client. It's also easier to stop here because 6.0.0 is rather large patch to download.

If you are able to update to the RunUO SVN around #200 or newer people can play with any patch version 5.0.9.1 - 6.0.1.10.

If that was too complicated then all you need to know is yes :)

Vitas

Sorceror
hey. i tryed to connect to my server from diffirent location but it still doesn't works... my friend said it something has to do with the router. is router pain in the baut? lol!

stormwolff

Knight
Vitas;706048 said:
hey. i tryed to connect to my server from diffirent location but it still doesn't works... my friend said it something has to do with the router. is router pain in the baut? lol!

If you have a router you need to forward the port that RunUO/UO uses to the computer hosting the server.

Depending on what brand router you have there are different ways to get into the control panel for that router. Some use 192.168.1.1 and user/pass admin/admin. Look at your router manual or router maker's website to find out how to get into yours.

Once in the control panel there should be a port forwarding section. Set that up to forward port 2593 to the internal lan ip of the computer hosting your server. Usually it is something like 192.168.1.100.

Vitas

Sorceror
I'm Sorry But I Tryed And I Don't Get Were And How To Do It. I Tryed Everything And I Don't Get It..... I Tryed To Edit Firwall... Just Didn't Get It

I have a Linksys system. i use one that connected to my moms (main Linksys System) and main system connect to modem... so i just don't get were i have to put UO port at

Bleach

Knight
Vitas;706239 said:
I'm Sorry But I Tryed And I Don't Get Were And How To Do It. I Tryed Everything And I Don't Get It..... I Tryed To Edit Firwall... Just Didn't Get It

I have a Linksys system. i use one that connected to my moms (main Linksys System) and main system connect to modem... so i just don't get were i have to put UO port at

Try reading this.

It helped me a long time ago.

stormwolff

Knight
Vitas;706239 said:

Are you saying you could not get in to your router's control panel? You may need to ask your mom or whoever setup the router for the password if she/they ever changed it.

Vitas

Sorceror
so u mean i need to go to the main router that mine router connected to and change it there? or i can do it at my pc? cause my mom is won'd do anything that would help me with my shard... if i can do it on my pc i'll try harder

stormwolff

Knight
Vitas;706562 said:
so u mean i need to go to the main router that mine router connected to and change it there? or i can do it at my pc? cause my mom is won'd do anything that would help me with my shard... if i can do it on my pc i'll try harder

I am saying there is a default user name and password on most routers. If you did not setup your router somebody else may have changed the password.

Once you have the user name and password you should be able to get into the control panel from any computer on the network using the router's ip address which is usually something like 192.168.1.1.

You can check either your router's manual or you can go to the website of your router's manufacturer and read how to get into the control panel for your router. You said linksys, so go to Welcome to Linksys.com and read through their support documentation for your router model.

It is also possible that your cable modem or DSL modem may also have a control panel and may also need port forwarding setup within that control panel.

Your cable or dsl company may have help on this part. You may also be able to google/search for your modem model number to find others who wanted to get into their control panel.

I would first try the router then bother with the modem.

You are pretty much the only one that can tell how things are setup, since we are not sitting at your computer to help you. We can only help based of of the details you have given and you don't really seem to know those details either.

Vitas

Sorceror
Does it has to do something with FireWall?
and do u mean i need to change my "Default Gateway" wich is set 192.168.1.1? thats what u mean that i have to change to 2593?

stormwolff

Knight
Vitas;706590 said:
Does it has to do something with FireWall?
and do u mean i need to change my "Default Gateway" wich is set 192.168.1.1? thats what u mean that i have to change to 2593?

You acccess your router's control panel from your default gateway yes. Once in the control panel there should be a port forwarding section.

Forget the firewall for now, you can worry about that after you forward your port.