RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can i start my own UO shard?

stormwolff

Knight
Vitas;706709 said:
what do u mean FORWARD the port?

Port forwarding is the process of telling incoming/outgoing traffic on a specific port where to go on your network.

So let us say you have incoming connections from uo clients on port 2593, when that data stream comes through the internet to your router, your router needs to tell it where to send that data stream.

You would forward port 2593 to the local lan ip of the computer hosting your server. It could be something like 192.168.1.100 or something similar. Again you are the only one that can find out this number. You can usually see this ip when you load up RunUO, it gives you 127.0.0.1 and your local lan IP.

In a router's control panel there is usually a section called port forwarding that allows you to forward either a single port or a range of ports.

I think I have run out of ways to explain it so I am probably going to stop here. I don't want to seem harsh, but given your struggles with basic networking and basic RunUO server concepts you may want to try helping out somebody else with an existing shard first. Not everyone is cut out to be a server admin right away.

If you really insist on continuing along this path you really need to look elsewhere in addition to this forum for your router support issue. Port forwarding is not limited to RunUO. You may find more detailed information and even pictures in your manual or router's support website.

Vitas

Sorceror
I'm pretty sure i got it!!! Just need to check something----

/* Address:
* The default setting, a value of 'null', will attempt to detect your IP address automatically:
* private const string Address = null;
* This detection, however, does not work for servers behind routers. If you're running behind a router, put in your IP:
* private const string Address = "12.34.56.78";
* If you need to resolve a DNS host name, you can do that too:
* private const string Address = "shard.host.com"; Do i have to change it to null;? */

public static readonly string Address = "My IP";

public const string ServerName = "My Shard Name";

public static void Initialize()
{
Listener.Port = 2593;

stormwolff

Knight
Code:
/* Address:
* The default setting, a value of 'null', will attempt to detect your IP address automatically:
* private const string Address = null;
* This detection, however, does not work for servers behind routers. If you're running behind a router, put in your IP:
* private const string Address = "12.34.56.78";
* If you need to resolve a DNS host name, you can do that too:
* private const string Address = "shard.host.com"; Do i have to change it to null;? */

Noting between the /* & the */ is read by the server, you could delete that whole part and the file would act the same. The only reason it is there is to show you how to setup your server.

neuton

Wanderer
stormwolff;705704 said:
You first need to make the serverlist edit I mentioned in my previous posting using your external IP. You can come back here and post your public ip and people can try to connect for you or just ask a friend to try it.

After you are sure that people can connect to you, you need to start advertising your shard. You can do that by adding it to the connectuo shard list. There are also a bunch of top 100 or 200 lists for UO shards, just google for UO Top Shards or something like that and you should get a fairly good list.

When you first loaded RunUO in the command prompt (black screen with white text) it should have asked you to enter a username and password. That is your owner/admin account. If you are logging in to the game via the UO client with that username and password you are the owner/admin. Meaning you are already a "GM". Commands start with [, you can generate a list of commands and docs using the [docgen command or by using the doc generation button in the [admin panel. If you want to look like a gm you can either add a GM robe using the [admin command or set your bodyvalue to 0x3DB in [props

I tried the command to change my bodyvalue thru pandora but I get this ( that is not properly formatted)? Does anyone have any idea?

Vitas

Sorceror
Ok please try to connect to me.... at: thegreatvitasshard.no-ip.info
u need password and account
the account is GUEST
and the pass is Guest1
please try to connect to me.....

neuton

Wanderer
Vitas;707004 said:
Ok please try to connect to me.... at: thegreatvitasshard.no-ip.info
u need password and account
the account is GUEST
and the pass is Guest1
please try to connect to me.....

I do not know if you meant me Vitas, but I can not connect to you

stormwolff

Knight
neuton;707001 said:
I tried the command to change my bodyvalue thru pandora but I get this ( that is not properly formatted)? Does anyone have any idea?

I don't use pandora, just use the following command in game and click on yourself.

[set bodyvalue 0x3db

neuton

Wanderer
oh cool ty, I know that you do not like to be PM'ed but is it possible to speak with you on MSN messenger, I have mine running and its under my profile?

neuton

Wanderer
nope I can not connect, please check to see if you set it up for more then 1 account on your server to be created and/or check that your port is forwarded for incoming connections?

Vitas

Sorceror

Can any one help me with this. what i did was i got the RunUO 2.0 and RunUO 2.0 Source and i put them in a folder. then i got the SVN files and i overwrited the files that were in that folder and i got this window with errors. please help

Attachments

• UO0138.jpg
    UO0138.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 63

stormwolff

Knight
Vitas;707220 said:
Can any one help me with this. what i did was i got the RunUO 2.0 and RunUO 2.0 Source and i put them in a folder. then i got the SVN files and i overwrited the files that were in that folder and i got this window with errors. please help

That error is telling you that you have two files containing the same classes.

I believe this is because they changed the ore file from oreinfo.cs to resourceinfo.cs in RC1 to the SVN. Find and delete scripts/misc/oreinfo.cs

Lokai

Knight
Vitas;707220 said:

You should not add the SVN files on top of the RC1 files. There are many files that were moved or renamed, which will cause all kinds of problems. What you should do is use 1 or the other, not both. Either RC1 OR SVN, but NOT both.

neuton

Wanderer
I just noticed that when I made my admin character or a guest it said that it added all these items to the bank box, however when I look in them its empty for my admin and it only has the new player ticket for my player...also when I tried to add items like a teleporter or xmlspawn it said it generated it but I don't see it or can't use it? Any suggestions please?

Lokai

Knight
OK, try it this way....

Step 1. Get RunUO v2.0 RC1 ....OR.... RunUO SVN 213

Step 2. Make whatever adjustments you want to make.

Step 3. If you got RunUO 2.0 RC1 in Step 1, then skip to Step 5 now.

Step 4. If you got RunUO SVN 213, compile the Core Server.

Step 5. Run the RunUO.exe (RunUO v2.0 RC1) or Server.exe (RunUO SVN) file which will load your Server so you can start playing.

Vitas

Sorceror
which one is better RunUO v2 or SVN. cause i just don't get how to get SVN to work... if u can help please i think i got 211 v of svn... i don't know were to get 213.... help if u can please