RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just wondering if...

J MaNN

Wanderer
IHaveRegistered;745924 said:
Not to mention animation experience...

Yes exactly. I say just make a full game, but leave the option to edit it yourself with your own ideas IF you have the experience.

J MaNN;745931 said:
Yes exactly. I say just make a full game, but leave the option to edit it yourself with your own ideas IF you have the experience.
But then you get idiots making servers that are just outofthebox servers...

J MaNN

Wanderer
IHaveRegistered;745934 said:
But then you get idiots making servers that are just outofthebox servers...

You have a point, but how would you propose to fix this ? or another idea for it maybe ? I'm just kind of putting the same concept of RunUO into it.

Johabius

Knight
Johabius;745727 said:
Something to do with the different International Intelligence Organizations (fictionalized or based on real world organizations) would make an interesting MMORPG, I think.
Just to expand on this a little bit, there was an table top RPG back in the 80's that was published by TSR called Top Secret. It was a really fun game, but sadly it ceased production in the early 90's.

Top Secret (role-playing game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

*yes, I'm so vain that I quote myself*

Rhexis

Knight
Skimmeded the topic. Iffins you need art; Ill gladly pitch in.

Gah, this reminds me..I have an arse ton of art to scan..blah.

J MaNN

Wanderer
IHaveRegistered;745957 said:
It'd stop a lot of people who have no clue what they're doing...

That's for sure. I remember me trying to understand a tutorial on how to compile the RunUO core ROFL. I was clueless at the time.

in all honesty, you all should make a game, and after its left beta stage, either make shop items (if its free) or make it P2P, if you go 3D and need a 3D modeler look me up, i did alot of models for the hell of it a bit back with Blender3D, other than that, you guys i bet would do better at making a new game, hell youd have atleast 10k + users already just from this forum alone

Greystar

Wanderer
Ryan;745490 said:
What kind of game would you guys be interested in? Genre, Playstyle..

If you could create you own game based on the current games out there with or without your personal touches what would it be?

A Sci-Fi && Fantasy with a mix of magic an technology along with space travel to other planets/systems/galaxies/universes?. That would probably require it to be huge. Have a "Leveless" system (kind of like the GURPS system), although with their licensing you can't say it's based on GURPS. I don't want straight up classes, I'd rather your "class or role" be defined by your skills. I prefer Consensual PVP (in other words you have to Volunteer to be in PVP mode) and PVM, a very detailed Craft system (I play as a crafter in most games I play). Allow for a large Variety of races for sci-fi and fantasy. If someone wanted to play an Orc starship pilot they could or an Alien Grunt of some type they'd have that option. Your characters "Power Level so to speak" would be determined by the total amount of points they have spread amongst their stats/skills/abilities. Definitely offer Magic and Psionics along with Sci-Fi technology of multiple sorts. erm... A very advanced vehicle/ship building system that includes land, air and space vehicles from your crude raft to your advanced "aerospace fighter"(tm). Allow for land, air, space battles. Allow for Player built cities/colonies on "Uncharted" planets and cities in charted areas. Basically if I was doing it, I'd combine what SWG used to be, with some elements of WoW and UO add in some other elements from ShadowRun and the Palladium Games system (such as stuff from Heroes Unlimited and Rifts/Robotech). Add in a very detailed craft system where you have to gather the resources and process them then craft the components and build the whole thing (whatever you where building, from a common staff to and advanced fighter/starship). Hmm... can't think of anything else at the moment.

If you did all that and it was a P2P MMO I'd definitely play as much as I could afford.

Greystar

Wanderer
Suil Ban;746159 said:
Consensual PvP takes away a whole facet of depth and realism from a game.

Nope, also it's a game and therefor your argument of realism holds no depth.

PS) I HATE PK but I suppose some others don't that's why I said consensual.