RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosetta

Wanderer
Joeku;769995 said:
No I also stopped taking the Prozac so I think that has something to do with it lol.
I'm glad y'all are getting a kick out of this, whether you believe it or not ^_^

It sounds a bit hyped up, like an advertisement.
However if you cut out the hype the rest is very believable. And congrats on having a good first experience. Not many get it like that.
I do think it's funny you're telling Starbucks forum about it though. Or any forum for that matter lol.

Vorspire;770039 said:
Did they call you back about that Advanced English Literature/Speaking/Listening course yet?
Where did you learn how to read sarcasm and the fundimentals of jokes?
You're obviously still completely oblivious to the joke.
I feel sorry for you.

You didn't do it correctly to convey sarcasm. And so the joke failed.

Basically, if you care to know at all, you did it wrong by telling the climax of the joke before setting it up. So it came out flat and nonsensical.

my anti depressents doint affect my ability to cum, howver the first few days I was on it, I didn't feel like masturbating (probably a good thing in my case)

Just thought I'd share.

Vorspire

Knight
Rosetta;770044 said:
It sounds a bit hyped up, like an advertisement.
You didn't do it correctly to convey sarcasm. And so the joke failed.

Basically, if you care to know at all, you did it wrong by telling the climax of the joke before setting it up. So it came out flat and nonsensical.

Considdering you have no knowledge of humor from what I have seen (none of you posts have made me laugh yet) - Who are you to judge humor and tell me what a joke's structure should be? -The joke was a "one-liner" that any neanderthol could have figured out.

Rosetta

Wanderer
Vorspire;770051 said:
Considdering you have no knowledge of humor from what I have seen (none of you posts have made me laugh yet) - Who are you to judge humor and tell me what a joke's structure should be? -The joke was a "one-liner" that any neanderthol could have figured out.

I have very rarely tried to be funny on these forums, so that point is moot.
And unlike you ( I assume of course) I have college training and I have studied the craft of many different kinds of writing my entire life, so yes I do know the general knowledge of a joke.

Most jokes are in a series of three.
You attempted to tell a one liner. This lacked set up. It was all dependent on others posts, which makes it a response not a one liner. It's a subtle difference to put the names in the sentence but it changes everything.

To do a sarcastic one liner you need the set up - example:

Joekus high IQ makes Kiwis sperm sacks lose count.

Joeku has more smarts than Kiwi has swimming sperm in his nuts.

- no offense to either party here, I don't have ill feelings towards Joeku or Kiwi.

Vorspire

Knight
Rosetta;770060 said:
I have very rarely tried to be funny on these forums, so that point is moot.
And unlike you ( I assume of course) I have college training and I have studied the craft of many different kinds of writing my entire life, so yes I do know the general knowledge of a joke.

Most jokes are in a series of three.
You attempted to tell a one liner. This lacked set up. It was all dependent on others posts, which makes it a response not a one liner. It's a subtle difference to put the names in the sentence but it changes everything.

To do a sarcastic one liner you need the set up - example:

Joekus high IQ makes Kiwis sperm sacks lose count.

Joeku has more smarts than Kiwi has swimming sperm in his nuts.

- no offense to either party here, I don't have ill feelings towards Joeku or Kiwi.

LOL, I have college training, and I'm sure your college training means that you MUST BE THE ULTIME EXPERT IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE, even though you aren't even english. It's funny in a way, because your English and my English are two different things. You're not British, so don't tell me that I know fuck all about the english language.

I don't need college degrees to prove I have a fucking massive IQ, like some big-heads around here. You think that having a degree in this, that and the other is the be-all and end-all of everything.

I am a project developer and the head of English Markup on my team's project, where I have to correct German-English project documentation.. Do I need a fucking degree for that? -NO.
Certificates and Paperwork count for shit in today's world, it's experience that matters, so unless you've lived in England for more that 21 years, stfu about English.

And you can continue sucking Kiwi and Joeku's balls.. They don't like girls anyway..

Vorspire

Knight
Suil Ban;770097 said:
Your written English is incredibly poor. I really can't stand nationalist cunts like you.

"ICH BIN STOLZ DEUTSCH ZU SEIN HEIL HITLER"
"ENGLISH PEOPLE HAVE BETTER ENGLISH"

You hate me because you know I'm right, for one.

Oh and please, provide evidence as to where my written english fails.

KthnxNOOBgoodnight

/Edit: I also didn't realise that a language could be referred to as an object that can be personally owned.

I think what you meant was "English people are generally better at English language"

Kiwi

Knight
Vorspire;770102 said:
You hate me because you know I'm right, for one.

Ant please, provide evidense as to where my written english fails.

KthnxNOOBgoodnight

looks like someone didn't edit fast enough

Vorspire

Knight
Kiwi;770103 said:
looks like someone didn't edit fast enough

Or looks like someone has too much time on their hands.

Also, those are blatant typos that I managed to identify and remove, moron. That doesn't prove that my english fails. Idiot.

Rosetta

Wanderer
Vorspire;770085 said:
LOL, I have college training, and I'm sure your college training means that you MUST BE THE ULTIME EXPERT IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE, even though you aren't even english. It's funny in a way, because your English and my English are two different things. You're not British, so don't tell me that I know fuck all about the english language.

I don't need college degrees to prove I have a fucking massive IQ, like some big-heads around here. You think that having a degree in this, that and the other is the be-all and end-all of everything.

I am a project developer and the head of English Markup on my team's project, where I have to correct German-English project documentation.. Do I need a fucking degree for that? -NO.
Certificates and Paperwork count for shit in today's world, it's experience that matters, so unless you've lived in England for more that 21 years, stfu about English.

And you can continue sucking Kiwi and Joeku's balls.. They don't like girls anyway..

You asked who was I to say how to write a joke, I told you. And by no means did I claim to be the "ULTIMTE EXPERT" about anything.

There are a more than a fair number of Brits that know little to nothing about the English language so lets just not even go there.

You are the first Brit I have ever conversed with in any manner that believed that they were better than the rest of the world. But arrogance is not limited by where one happens to live.

Kiwi;770085 said:
You still have yet to capitalize English, a proper noun

Lol ok now that is funny =]

Vorspire

Knight
I am better than the rest of the world, it will just take time for you all to start sucking my left nipple.

Rosetta

Wanderer
Vorspire;770142 said:
I am better than the rest of the world, it will just take time for you all to start sucking my left nipple.

Is that what you're into? Along with shoving random objects up peoples asses, lets not forget that one too.

Vorspire

Knight
I'd love to impale you on a cactus.

BTW, I have a fiancee, so don't insinuate that I'm gay just because I like to shove large random generic objects up people's asses. (Before you do make that insinuation)

Rosetta

Wanderer
Vorspire;770155 said:
I'd love to impale you on a cactus.

BTW, I have a fiancee, so don't insinuate that I'm gay just because I like to shove large random generic objects up people's asses. (Before you do make that insinuation)

I hadn't even thought about it, I don't see the point in calling people gay as an insult. Unless, of course, they find it offensive and it's worth getting a rise out of them.

You really got upset about a failed joke...

Vorspire

Knight
If I didn't get so pissed off and shout my head off when shit hits the fan, there would be about 10% less fun in comming to StarBucks in the first place ;)

I see, henceforth, it is my duty to be the biggest duckhead here where possible.

I wouldn't get upset at being called gay, because I know in myself that I'm not, would probably lol it off, lol. I have a few gay friends and from what I can see here, 95% of the StarBucks population swings that way ;P

I love you Joeku!

Status
Not open for further replies.