RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Look?

Storm33229;682764 said:
If someone got removed for calling Ryan lazy because he coppied a forum template from somewhere else...uhh...sounds like it'd be abuse of power to me. But because it did not happen, I am not accusing anyone of anything.

Also I never accused anyone of sucking up...I was just stating that I would rather voice my opinions about someone than kiss their feet.

@Jeff: no it made plenty of sense and was completely relevant.
Because his software is dependent on the community, our ideas and opinions matter quite a bit.

I seriously contemplated asking ASayre to re-mod me just so I could ban you for time I wasted reading your posts.

Malaperth

Wanderer
HellRazor;682846 said:
So basically you think Ryan doesn't care about anyone's opinion? That sure isn't giving him much credit.

I think you are wrong. I think our opinions do matter. I don't think anyone wants a community full of mindless drones with no opinions about anything. Constructive feedback is good.

That doesn't mean necessarily that anything will change. But these are discussion forums and I doubt anyone has much issue with people discussing the change as long as we can do it without acting like a bunch of idiots.

(That's a big "if").

Well, in the very beginning, Ryan basically said "I like it, it stays" and the "discussion" continued, and the ones I was responding to were far from 'constructive'.

HellRazor

Knight
I would agree that antagonizing the devs ain't exactly a smart idea. But it's ONE guy, not everyone else in the thread, and its his head after all. That's a whole different issue that's above and beyond discussing the skin.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Storm -

Quite frankly you're an asshole...

It's been a long time since I've flamed anyone on these forums but you've pushed my buttons to a point that I cannot stand by and listen to you any more.

You're obnoxious and that's the ONLY thing I can think of the describe the way you've acted in this thread. The forum look in no way shape or form reflects the quality of the RunUO applications. Our software speaks for itself. There are plenty of sites that look like shit to me that have great software. However RunUO has both a good looking site and an excellent product.

You spouting off about how ugly this forum theme is and then talking shit about me shows how much of a complete idiot you are and I encourage you to pack up and leave like you threatened.

In fact why don't you fork RunUO and go make a forum theme that you like.

You're an asshole... I call it like I see it.

Ryan said:
The forum look in no way shape or form reflects the quality of the RunUO applications. Our software speaks for itself.
Storm33229 said:
Unless of course we all decided that the forums completely reflected the performance and quality of the software and decided that because the forums are now blue...each and every one of us will pack up and leave RUO and start bashing it...
That sir was sarcasm. I'm sure you've heard of it.
Ryan said:
You spouting off about how ugly this forum theme is
You're having trouble reading today aren't you? Read my first post, but if you won't I'll show it to you.
Storm33229 said:
Huh? Looks cool though.
Or here's another one!
Storm33229 said:
I love the brighter, glassier and more professional look...which this new template delivers perfectly. :rolleyes: *two thumbs up*
Ryan said:
talking shit about me
Uhm, I never insulted you...only stated facts that had nothing to do with you. There was one time where I mentioned that if you did something you would be in my eyes abusing power...but then again, you didn't do it did you?

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Storm33229;682891 said:

You're having trouble reading today aren't you? Read my first post, but if you won't I'll show it to you.

Or here's another one!

Uhm, I never insulted you...only stated facts that had nothing to do with you. There was one time where I mentioned that if you did something you would be in my eyes abusing power...but then again, you didn't do it did you?

And being a cock sucker continues....

Ryan;682892 said:
And being a cock sucker continues....
Because I dissproved what you said?

Here's my stand point on this entire thread:
1) I like the theme
2) I think our opinions matter

The only "conflict" in this thread was that I think that it is wrong to abuse power... I never accused you of doing it. I'm sorry that you feel that I'm a "cocksucker".

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Storm33229;682891 said:

Or here's another one!

Storm33229;682893 said:
Because I dissproved what you said?

Here's my stand point on this entire thread:
1) I like the theme
2) I think our opinions matter

The only "conflict" in this thread was that I think that it is wrong to abuse power... I never accused you of doing it. I'm sorry that you feel that I'm a "cocksucker".

No, because you continue to act like a 12 year old shit head. You're entire tone in this thread was condescending and the whole 'abuse of power' seems very much like you're implying it happens often here... I'm not the only one that thinks this.

Everyone sitting in IRC agrees.

Ryan;682895 said:
No, because you continue to act like a 12 year old shit head. You're entire tone in this thread was condescending and the whole 'abuse of power' seems very much like you're implying it happens often here... I'm not the only one that thinks this.

Everyone sitting in IRC agrees.
Really now, let's not argue maturtiy. Because infact, you would lose. Why? You're 28 and you are getting angry because you are wrong and because of it calling me a cocksucker, idiot, and asshole.

I never once stated that abuse of power happens here. You actually just said it did by putting in the word "often". But I have personally never seen it, so I won't agree or disagree with you on that.

I'm sorry that IRC has to listen to you complain.

Malaperth

Wanderer
Now it seems that you are deliberately trying to push the limits so you will be banned and can then attempt to legitimately complain about abuse of power. You really are an idiot.

Puron1794

Wanderer
Frankly, every forum I've ever been on staff with (and that's quite a few), had a zero tolerance policy for getting mouthy with or disrespecting staff members in any way. There's definitely no abuse of power here, if anything it's too tolerant at times... like right now. Most forums, this argument would've been settled with a perma ban already.

/random 2cents worth

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Puron1794;682900 said:
Frankly, every forum I've ever been on staff with (and that's quite a few), had a zero tolerance policy for getting mouthy with or disrespecting staff members in any way. There's definitely no abuse of power here, if anything it's too tolerant at times... like right now. Most forums, this argument would've been settled with a perma ban already.

/random 2cents worth

You're exactly right...

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Storm33229;682897 said:
Really now, let's not argue maturity. Because infact, you would lose. Why? You're 28 and you are getting angry because you are wrong and because of it calling me a cocksucker, idiot, and asshole.

I never once stated that abuse of power happens here. You actually just said it did by putting in the word "often". But I have personally never seen it, so I won't agree or disagree with you on that.

I'm sorry that IRC has to listen to you complain.

It's a shame you're parents didn't teach you respect. I fixed your spelling mistake above.

Ryan;682902 said:
It's a shame you're parents didn't teach you respect. I fixed your spelling mistake above.
I'm sorry your parents didn't teach you how to read. You are the one who misread my posts in this thread and then after doing so you decided to make accusations that I said things that I did not. So now, after I have proven you wrong, you continue to insult me. Would you still like to argue about the maturity level in this thread? I didn't think so.
Malaperth said:
Now it seems that you are deliberately trying to push the limits so you will be banned and can then attempt to legitimately complain about abuse of power. You really are an idiot.
No. If I felt that Ryan was abusing power, I would have said so clearly instead of leaving it up for interpretation.

Jeff

Lord
Tbh, i have a for site that words on my screen that read "Storm33229 is Online Forum Expert" are soon gonna say "Storm33229 is Offline Account Terminated" if this quarrel continues.

Im just saying ....

Malaperth

Wanderer
Storm33229 said:
No. If I felt that Ryan was abusing power, I would have said so clearly instead of leaving it up for interpretation.

There is a major part here that you are missing. All things on the net are private property. The ONLY think any user is in control of is whether they attempt to log on or not. This forum happens to be owned by Ryan.

Going to a forum is like entering someone elses home. If you piss off the owner, expect to be thrown out on your ass.

Malaperth;682917 said:
There is a major part here that you are missing. All things on the net are private property. The ONLY think any user is in control of is whether they attempt to log on or not. This forum happens to be owned by Ryan.

Going to a forum is like entering someone elses home. If you piss off the owner, expect to be thrown out on your ass.
I understand that, but I would feel that he or anyone would be abusing power if he or they banned someone for simply not liking the fact that someone called them lazy for copying a theme off of another site.
Once again, I'm not calling Ryan lazy, nor am I saying that he is or has abusing/abused power. I am certainly not saying that I dislike the forum theme, hence the reason I created this thread.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Storm33229;682912 said:
I'm sorry your parents didn't teach you how to read. You are the one who misread my posts in this thread and then after doing so you decided to make accusations that I said things that I did not. So now, after I have proven you wrong, you continue to insult me. Would you still like to argue about the maturity level in this thread? I didn't think so.

Are you fucking kidding me?

You've consistently shown no respect for any member of the RunUO team in this thread. I'm seriously getting tired of you.

It would do you well to read this and never visit this thread again. If you don't adhere it will probably be your last visit.